• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Dragon wiener… A31B0683-F96F-47B0-8555-A4356A7271D8.jpeg0B41DE9D-9D4E-46A4-AF52-44C83BA9D13D.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A incredibly warm November day and we had one last sunset in NY. My female friend was celebrating her bday this weekend and she was brave enough to try wakeboarding in those cold water temps. A few beers got my courage to also jump into the water 🥶 The girls also gave me a Brazilian funk dancing class lol .. Side note: Maybe I'm going to Brazil again which is something really unexpected..

Anyways.. After the boat I rode to midtown Manhattan to buy a motorcycle GPS. Beautiful weekend.

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone take a good pic of the lunar eclipse this morning? @Coult45
I haven’t even looked at mine, I’m sure they suck. I was using my wife’s camera and could not find a night/no flash setting.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@TimW451 A good picture? Not really. I need some serious practice before the next one of these comes along. It was low in the sky so there was a lot of light noise, and I had a hell of a time getting a good focus on the moon because it was WAY more faint than a normal full moon. Looked really cool, and I got one that cleaned up pretty well with a little editing. But I'll be ready for the next one.

1667916944692.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@TimW451 A good picture? Not really. I need some serious practice before the next one of these comes along. It was low in the sky so there was a lot of light noise, and I had a hell of a time getting a good focus on the moon because it was WAY more faint than a normal full moon. Looked really cool, and I got one that cleaned up pretty well with a little editing. But I'll be ready for the next one.

View attachment 190687
Looks good to me. The moon was much lower than I expected too. It was much fainter too due to it being so close to dawn. Good news is that we have 2 years to get ready for the next one.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Scratched another project off the new home to-do list, my wife's new craft room:
09DFC4F3-EFB6-4355-8553-7BBFEC433027.jpeg
desk.jpeg
chair.jpeg
This project took longer than I thought (but, again, they all seem to do!) Had to:
- move two outlets to be above the countertops
- paint the room
- assemble and install the ready-to-assemble cabinets
- stain and install the butcher-block countertop and backsplash
- lay the vinyl planking

Wife seems happy with the end result and she put up this sign on her door:
craft door.jpeg

Current project is insulating the unfinished storage space above the garage.

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Early Sunset now. Tonight’s.

07057DB2-63B2-4A80-B828-50EE6FF4D720.jpeg

35D4122E-2C99-47C8-A6C9-360F02D1337B.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this in a magazine. Summary: electric jetski capable of 65mph, with a range of 28 miles, 14 hour Recharge time for the sweet low price of $26,500 before taxes or a trailer.
17E4CDD3-F114-41FB-93C6-6CC08CFC3F19.jpeg
also saw this in a different magazine. The first electric boat charging station is online at Lake Tahoe.

17F977A0-C361-49E3-9E42-8D05530FAD3F.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Saw this in a magazine. Summary: electric jetski capable of 65mph, with a range of 28 miles, 14 hour Recharge time for the sweet low price of $26,500 before taxes or a trailer.
View attachment 190787
also saw this in a different magazine. The first electric boat charging station is online at Lake Tahoe.

View attachment 190786
Reminds me of being a kid back on Christmas and getting a remote control car. 4hr charge time for 15 min of fun. Technology will improve, but for $26k, I will pass at this time.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Reminds me of being a kid back on Christmas and getting a remote control car. 4hr charge time for 15 min of fun. Technology will improve, but for $26k, I will pass at this time.
I think I would disagree here... for one the pricing is confusing in the article, it says it starts at 17.5k. I bet that based model is just as quick to 30mph *maybe even 60) as an RPX-X. And based on the Level 1 charging speeds, I would guess you could fully charge it up on a Level 2 charger in less than 2 hours. Also 28 miles is a good amount of distance, I am curious what speed that is at. There is a very small subset of people that run 28 miles on a jetski in a single day.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to reread the article for the details but 28 miles would be ok for my wife and I most of the time but not on the 5% of trips that are over 40 miles each way, especially if we don’t stay overnight at a guest dock with shore power.

our Waverunners have 18 gallon tanks and can go 120 miles at cruise speed (about 30 mph). Although more expensive than charging i can usually fill them up in less than 10 minutes each.

we will probably ride these until they sink or get to old/tired to use them and give them to our son. I would consider electric in the future if the prices come down so they are comparable to gas powered pwcs.

I think I would disagree here... for one the pricing is confusing in the article, it says it starts at 17.5k. I bet that based model is just as quick to 30mph *maybe even 60) as an RPX-X. And based on the Level 1 charging speeds, I would guess you could fully charge it up on a Level 2 charger in less than 2 hours. Also 28 miles is a good amount of distance, I am curious what speed that is at. There is a very small subset of people that run 28 miles on a jetski in a single day.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I need to reread the article for the details but 28 miles would be ok for my wife and I most of the time but not on the 5% of trips that are over 40 miles each way, especially if we don’t stay overnight at a guest dock with shore power.

our Waverunners have 18 gallon tanks and can go 120 miles at cruise speed (about 30 mph). Although more expensive than charging i can usually fill them up in less than 10 minutes each.

we will probably ride these until they sink or get to old/tired to use them and give them to our son. I would consider electric in the future if the prices come down so they are comparable to gas powered pwcs.
At 17.5k - you can argue the prices are already comparable. Premium skis are in the 18-20k range.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to the article. Looks like the price is dependent on what the hill is made of. $17k is for the plastic hill, $19k for the performance model with the plastic hull, I think. The $26k model has a carbon fiber hull and I assume all the Bells, whistles and performance that goes with it.

We paid about $19k OTD for each 2021 Waverunner. An FX and GP with a lot of high end features(as we got older rider capacity and rode comfort have become much more important to us), if the base model at $17k is missing some or all of the features I would not consider it comparable. Even if this is not the case I would wait for electric Pwcs to mature at least a little more before considering purchasing one or a pair of them.

for comparison or a throw back Thursday moment, I bought my first pwc a Kawasaki X2 JetSki in 1988 for $4k with out a trailer. Now the least expensive pwcs are $7k +. For that price am sure the manufactures are selling the on fully unloaded model.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You pictured bottom of the line skis, which isn't a fair comparison. I can't find 0-60 times - but a performance ski for 19k is directly in line with the competition. It's max speed is inline with a RXP-X. I am honestly surprised the prices aren't higher. These are early adopter stage still. Add in the fact you don't have to re-build a supercharger every 100 hours or ever change oil/plus, never have to stop at a gas station or pay for gas - it starts to look a good value. I bet by the 200 hour mark you have saved a few grand compared to ICE.

I think one thing that is discounted as well is not having an ICE engine. No gas smell, no vibrations, no loud noises - I bet this is a comfortable ski to ride.... even if it doesn't have suspension like some of ICE ones.

The Level 3 charging is intriguing - 80% charge in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few things I saw while visiting my son at college in Scal.
View attachment 190071
the main life guard tower at a beach near University California San Diego which by the way has a beach on campus.
View attachment 190072
View attachment 190073
View attachment 190074
some miscellaneous art, fountains and buildings on campus
View attachment 190075
View attachment 190079
dog art in Carlsbad, CA
View attachment 190076
i didn’t even make the effort to go look into this area because I knew I would be disappointed.

i also saw a lot of young women wearing tight fitting very revealing clothes but couldn’t take or post any pics. In the Dave Chappels (sp?) words, “I was [ appalled and] disgusted, but I could not look away.”

Seriously, my Son and I agreed to send $1 each to the estate of the man who invented spandex for making the world a better place.
Friendly advice: Stay out of southern Indiana Walmarts in July and August. 🤔🙂🙃

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't understand how they have removed a battery's worst enemies from the equation; heat, vibration, corrosion. I predict a flop.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The view tonight. Pretty sure I see fish arches out there. ;) Cloud sonar.

CAFD4EF7-AF63-4FBF-86BF-3340135546DA.jpeg

Last edited: