• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm right under the second R in Rochester. We got the rain all night, then some nice snow between 5 and 6am, and now we'll have that "wintry mix" all day that can't decide what it wants to do.
Same old Rochester weather I remember from 20 years ago :D

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the yard guy came and raked my rocks yesterday :winkingthumbsup"

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same old Rochester weather I remember from 20 years ago :D
It's worse. If I wanted cold and rainy winters, I'd move to the Pacific Northwest. I want snow. We're 35" below our average for this time of year, and on pace to be below 100" for the fourth year in a row...something I don't think has ever happened before.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
& I just spot mowed my yard yesterday.
the yard guy came and raked my rocks yesterday :winkingthumbsup"
Funny guys...No yard work this time of year. Maybe moved a little snow twice with the tractor this season. It's been warm, relatively. A couple inches freshens up the yard for dog business. Edit: Warm January, no snow and the ticks were bad.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clair said she no longer wanted me to shovel snow (not that we get very much on the Eastern Shore of MD) so I bought a small snow blower. Guess what Yup so far no snow
I no longer wanted to move snow so I moved south. Left the shovels behind so If it snows here I’ll just wait a bit for it to melt.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I no longer wanted to move snow so I moved south. Left the shovels behind so If it snows here I’ll just wait a bit for it to melt.
Did you rebuild the outdoor boiler before you fled? I remember a leak. I am sure you are glad to be done with the wood pile.

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Lazy wiener dog.
7CCB58C3-F71A-4D5B-A73E-3AB2CD91DD66.jpeg878D14AA-107F-4348-8442-DE7867EC84EE.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you rebuild the outdoor boiler before you fled? I remember a leak. I am sure you are glad to be done with the wood pile.
I had the leaks taken care of but was going to build a new boiler until I lost power in my shop for nearly 4 months due to the last car/barn accident. I used the boiler up until about 3 weeks before we moved out (ran out of wood). The new owners wanted nothing to do with the boiler, wood, saws, splitter or anything else associated with wood heat.
I’ve got a fireplace in the new house but with the weather down here it’ll cook us if we fire it up. Maybe if there’s a long stretch of cold I might light it up but until then I’ll just enjoy the weather I’ve got.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
from thursday afternoon before the cold front mid 80's.... out to help on my buddys sailboat... then to the island for sunset...

attachment - 2023-01-14T102512.925.jpgattachment - 2023-01-14T102519.663.jpgattachment - 2023-01-14T102530.813.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice ketch. What is the draft?
I think he need 5' fully laden and 4' like it sets... its a 40 something ft Morgan its made to cruise in the Caribbean... Im still learning sailboats Its not fast but it doesn't seem to care about 6ft seas at all...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
taking some of the junk pile out to the curb... don't fret when I get rid of something like this its debt to me has been paid LOL

attachment - 2023-01-14T104823.271.jpgattachment - 2023-01-14T104831.014.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think he need 5' fully laden and 4' like it sets... its a 40 something ft Morgan its made to cruise in the Caribbean... Im still learning sailboats Its not fast but it doesn't seem to care about 6ft seas at all...
Morgan ketches are a nice cruising boat. The main and mizzen masts are shorter as compared to a sloop like mine, making the sails easier to raise but I see he has furlers. I use my 20v Dewalt to raise my main. Anyway plenty of sail plans available on a ketch. Love the wood in the older Morgans.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Morgan ketches are a nice cruising boat. The main and mizzen masts are shorter as compared to a sloop like mine, making the sails easier to raise but I see he has furlers. I use my 20v Dewalt to raise my main. Anyway plenty of sail plans available on a ketch. Love the wood in the older Morgans.
yeah the outside takes it hard however the inside is beautiful... he keeps it in good and safe working order... and its huge inside fore and aft births and heads, and the main cabin is not crowded at all...

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember my Dad joking when my Mom and Dad moved to Florida telling the story on how they settle in Vero Beach. He said he tied a snow shovel to the back of the car bumper drove down 95 and the first person who asked what it was would be where they would settle.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
All cleaned up. Most of my toys are summertime toys20221210_185737.jpg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Clair said she no longer wanted me to shovel snow (not that we get very much on the Eastern Shore of MD) so I bought a small snow blower. Guess what Yup so far no snow
John, thank you very much for you purchase, as I would be happy for a snowless winter. I am quite content in having my snow shovel gather dust! :)

Jim