• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You
You can keep those temps up there. I don’t miss stuff freezing rock hard one bit.
have adapted to the southern lifestyle quickly lol

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My co worker taking one of the retro electric boats back to down town Tampa. They convert the lower unit to electric Torquedo engines to keep the “period” correct outboard look. Interesting to see, who would have thought there is a market for this…

F9AFA575-126F-4D1D-A9A9-870C6F7BB0D6.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have adapted to the southern lifestyle quickly lol
Yes I have.

Going to stay busy around the house painting, building a shop, landscaping, new pool, moving a fence and too many other project to list. Once things slow down a little I’ll hopefully be able to enjoy the area even more.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My co worker taking one of the retro electric boats back to down town Tampa. They convert the lower unit to electric Torquedo engines to keep the “period” correct outboard look. Interesting to see, who would have thought there is a market for this…

View attachment 193599
Sooooo cool!!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Time to officially kick off summer…
F1CA9479-1298-4A7D-88A3-04D2485FDC85.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Self adjusting trim tabs on a SeaDoo Switch at the boat show.

View attachment 193686

Also, we were on an aluminum hulled wake boat.....Thing had a freaking basement.

View attachment 193687

Asking $167k for this weird machine
View attachment 193688
Those montara's are getting better. They have a TON of space to load that thing up with ballast, but really haven't until recently. Draft shouldn't be any more than a normal wake boat, 24-30" I'd guess.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The open water of the main lake giving off heat in air temp. at -11° and getting colder. Steam Devils.

20230203_140118.jpg

And another just before dark at -17°.

482C9E4F-142C-4E9F-BFFE-5EB43EC2C6CE.jpeg

Last edited:

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There's a dealer here in town with 3 or 4 of the Surf Boss in stock going for a cool $180K
$180k for a wake boat!!! Who can afford that? There is place that sells master craft boats near me, I think all of their stock is at least two years old. Got to be a tough business to be in.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
$180k for a wake boat!!! Who can afford that? There is place that sells master craft boats near me, I think all of their stock is at least two years old. Got to be a tough business to be in.
I often think "who can afford that", I am surrounded by 1000's of homes on the water. There is absolutely no lack of rich people out there (especially where you live!)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I often think "who can afford that", I am surrounded by 1000's of homes on the water. There is absolutely no lack of rich people out there (especially where you live!)
You are right, there are a lot of “rich” people in the town of discovery bay and many areas of CA but I don’t see a lot of them owning or buying high end wake boats. There are a few $100k + wake boats in town and berthed at the marina but not many, not more than 10%. even my rich neighbors balk at vehicles used on the road daily that cost $100k or more. I think I need to narrow my question to, even if they can afford them, who buys a wake boat that costs $180k+? The answer is more apparent, “the people I see with such boats in the driveway or on the water”, so not many. I recall hearing that a steel hulled Pavati wake boat sells new for around $300k. I’ve never seen one in person, maybe I’m just not looking in the right places.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You are right, there are a lot of “rich” people in the town of discovery bay and many areas of CA but I don’t see a lot of them owning or buying high end wake boats. There are a few $100k + wake boats in town and berthed at the marina but not many, not more than 10%. even my rich neighbors balk at vehicles used on the road daily that cost $100k or more. I think I need to narrow my question to, even if they can afford them, who buys a wake boat that costs $180k+? The answer is more apparent, “the people I see with such boats in the driveway or on the water”, so not many. I recall hearing that a steel hulled Pavati wake boat sells new for around $300k. I’ve never seen one in person, maybe I’m just not looking in the right places.
The Bay probably is a horrible place for a wake Boat. I bet they are all over the place in the Midwest. I’m sure the Ozarks is littered with them.

I don’t see many my self, but I see 200-300k fishing boats every time I am out. Every trip I’ll see a dozen boats with engines alone that cost more than my 252 lol.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The open water of the main lake giving off heat in air temp. at -11° and getting colder. Steam Devils.

View attachment 193720

And another just before dark at -17°.

View attachment 193728
Damn, that's cold. Just looked down at my watch to see where we were, and watched it change from -8 to -9. That should be our low point. And the wind has died down, so it looks like Cooper will get his walk this morning after all. A very short walk. When it gets back up around 20 this afternoon, I'll check on the eagles and see if they're ice fishing again. This pic was after last week's cold night, when we finally got a thin skin of ice on the lake before the wind broke it up the next day...

1675514075795.jpeg

1675514089246.jpeg