• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Stimulating the economy…
23E93B8D-F065-4E61-976A-D372E4A8F006.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started another project, even though i already ordered 8 grand worth of Trex decking to replace all my disgusting wood thats looks like crap and spots are rotting after only 7 years. All the Trex is being delivered Tuesday. But will be on hold till i clear this area of my property.
Putting a 40x61 shop up. The guy that is filling, grading and putting in the culvert and driveway is ready to go. Me and Jeannine are clearing the brush and smaller trees to save some money.
Cant wait to have my dream garage up.
Plan is to work on bikes, jetskis, and outboards with the occasional vehicle. There will be a 10000lb car lift and 3 motorcycle lifts, tire machine and balancer etc.
Big plans for the future. Getting away from working for someone and work for myself
20230128_170928.jpg20230128_170548.jpg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Started another project, even though i already ordered 8 grand worth of Trex decking to replace all my disgusting wood thats looks like crap and spots are rotting after only 7 years. All the Trex is being delivered Tuesday. But will be on hold till i clear this area of my property.
Putting a 40x61 shop up. The guy that is filling, grading and putting in the culvert and driveway is ready to go. Me and Jeannine are clearing the brush and smaller trees to save some money.
Cant wait to have my dream garage up.
Plan is to work on bikes, jetskis, and outboards with the occasional vehicle. There will be a 10000lb car lift and 3 motorcycle lifts, tire machine and balancer etc.
Big plans for the future. Getting away from working for someone and work for myself
View attachment 193436View attachment 193437
Sounds like a great shop. 👍 Are you going to be storing the Yamaha inside as well.

Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great shop. 👍 Are you going to be storing the Yamaha inside as well.

Jim
It will fit for sure without lowering the tower but it will stay on the pad its currently on. If a bad storm comes it will go inside for sure.
All my other yamahas and other toys will be inside it. 2 4wheelers, 3 motorcycles and the jetskis

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It will fit for sure without lowering the tower but it will stay on the pad its currently on. If a bad storm comes it will go inside for sure.
All my other yamahas and other toys will be inside it. 2 4wheelers, 3 motorcycles and the jetskis
Getting my boat inside was my primary reason for building my second garage. Make that thing bigger! Looks like you’ve got the space.
40x60 is huge but they always fill up.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting my boat inside was my primary reason for building my second garage. Make that thing bigger! Looks like you’ve got the space.
40x60 is huge but they always fill up.
Its primary use is a workshop, not storage so it wont get filled up.
Plan is to work for myself instead of toyota by this time next year.

My boat is just fine next to the house covered up

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looks like it might be a good day… maybe take a shake down cruise this afternoon?
A18996E4-D860-4B13-9714-B5CC9F8CDC42.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
35 with 20mph north wind, cleared some space in the garage to reset the valve lash on the riding lawnmower, briggs has to have found a better way, third time in six years20230129_114111.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Found this in my iCloud. This was me back in 2019 in OBX jet-boarding. Highest I went was 30ft above the water, and it hurts when you lose your balance.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found this in my iCloud. This was me back in 2019 in OBX jet-boarding. Highest I went was 30ft above the water, and it hurts when you lose your balance.
Right now I will have to leave this to my dreams and or imagination However it sure does look lie fun

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
35 with 20mph north wind, cleared some space in the garage to reset the valve lash on the riding lawnmower, briggs has to have found a better way, third time in six yearsView attachment 193468
In my experience racing fourstroke dirt bikes off road diminishing valve lash (I’m assuming the valve lash is getting tight) has a lot to do with very fine grit getting into the inlet tract. The obvious is to make sure the main air filter is clean and seated properly, a little grease on the sealing surface helps. The other thing that made a big difference for me was to put some kind of filter on the carburetor vent tubes. Just a simple piece of a cotton rag over them helps, or if you can rig them up to pull through a fuel filter or small oiled K&N crankcase breather even better.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my experience racing fourstroke dirt bikes off road diminishing valve lash (I’m assuming the valve lash is getting tight) has a lot to do with very fine grit getting into the inlet tract. The obvious is to make sure the main air filter is clean and seated properly, a little grease on the sealing surface helps. The other thing that made a big difference for me was to put some kind of filter on the carburetor vent tubes. Just a simple piece of a cotton rag over them helps, or if you can rig them up to pull through a fuel filter ovsmall oiled K&N crankcase breather even better.
I'm a junior grade mechanic so even my terminology might be incorrect,

my rocker arms get loose causing excessive gap/loose fit,

The mower doesn't like to start, like it's got a bad battery or starter, very slow to no crank,
supposedly their is a lobe on the cam that it supposed to stop the engine at no compression so that the starting crank happens easier (if I crank it with no spark plugs, it spins fast), it's possible that lobe broke off or I can't adjust valves because I set them going by the manual but it still has issues,

:(

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Right now I will have to leave this to my dreams and or imagination However it sure does look lie fun
Once you get the hang of it and understanding your balance its a blast. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm a junior grade mechanic so even my terminology might be incorrect,

my rocker arms get loose causing excessive gap/loose fit,

The mower doesn't like to start, like it's got a bad battery or starter, very slow to no crank,
supposedly their is a lobe on the cam that it supposed to stop the engine at no compression so that the starting crank happens easier (if I crank it with no spark plugs, it spins fast), it's possible that lobe broke off or I can't adjust valves because I set them going by the manual but it still has issues,

:(
That little lobe or decompression lobe usually stays up or out via spring tension until the engine starts and then centripetal force stows it. If the spring broke then it would not be deployed…. If the valve lash is excessive it will not work either.

If the lash is increasing that is caused by wear. That smacks of poor lubrication, might want to revisit which oil you are using, but valves getting loose is better than them getting tight which is what most motors do. Tight valves usually result in bad starting at first since they are not sealing all the way, and burn valves later on..

The slow cranking is most likely a weak battery…. Try pulling it out and charging it with a proper charger first, the onboard charger may not being bringing it up to full charge.

Just got to be sure the cylinder is on TDC on the compression stroke to assure that you set the valves correctly.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
from sunday...
attachment - 2023-01-30T210137.450.jpgattachment - 2023-01-30T210142.877.jpgattachment - 2023-01-30T210149.915.jpgattachment - 2023-01-30T210156.228.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Horseshoe crab?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Horseshoe crab?
Interesting, horseshoe crab blood is bright blue. It contains important immune cells that are exceptionally sensitive to toxic bacteria. When those cells meet invading bacteria, they clot around it and protect the rest of the horseshoe crab's body from toxins.

Currently, horseshoe crab blood is used for the testing of sterile (normally injectable) drug and vaccine products. The blood is used in the manufacture of a test called Limulus Amebocyte Lysate, or LAL, which checks batches of drugs and vaccines for endotoxin contamination. Bacterial endotoxins induce inflammation and fever, and can cause anaphylactic shock and death. LAL testing is relatively quick and easy, especially compared to rabbit testing (injection and monitoring for fever) that was done 40 years ago.

Horseshoe crabs are caught, bled, and then released. About 600,000 crabs are bleed every year. Unfortunately, the mortaliity rate is about 15 – 30%. Recombinant factor C has been developed and in the future likely will replace horseshoe for testing.

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tractor trailer of firewood leaving this morning. It has been cold enough to freeze up the ground to turn around a rig like this in the field.

36DAED17-3108-46B3-BDA4-D4813F5853A5.jpeg

3F2A1127-E9D5-450E-8E6E-6DA55EE650D3.jpeg

Temps are locking up Malletts Bay and the outer bay to the right.

71481792-9452-4C6D-9445-7E817F229B0B.jpeg