• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday at the stop light on my way home. I understand the need for multiple hitches for different types of trailers. But when you have all these locking hitch pins, wouldn’t it be easier to just take the hitch off to prevent theft? I also understand it’s Florida so accidents are almost a certain but this seems a little overkill?
View attachment 201108
They designed it with the Multi Flex Tailgate from GM in mind.
1685576315907.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dog run this am in a freshly cut field. Fewer bales when you cut in May and I adjusted the bale tension to make them a bit heavier, at 40+#’s.

009D321E-366F-47CF-ABB3-FDEBB83D3D83.jpeg

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dog run this am in a freshly cut field. Fewer bales when you cut in May and I adjusted the bale tension to make them a bit heavier, at 40+#’s.

View attachment 201150
Why are you bailing in May? I assume it is a month early?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why are you bailing in May? I assume it is a month early?
Yes, a month early. Following the old saying..."Make hay while the sun shines." Long stretch of no rain and the fact that the grass heads went to seed already. Everybody around me was making hay also. I was out of hay too, I like to keep some on hand. This early will allow me another cut later.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And you really only need to defeat one lock to steal it.
Leave a hitch on your truck through a couple maine winters and you won’t need any locks. It’ll be rusted in place permanently.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Leave a hitch on your truck through a couple maine winters and you won’t need any locks. It’ll be rusted in place permanently.
Haha. Back in 2008 my wife bought a new Toyota Camry and when we moved to Florida in 2010 I took it in for an oil change. The guy lifted the car on the lift and immediately brought it down and asked if it was a flood damage car. I said no why, and he said I have never seen a car this new that has that much rust on the bottom of the car, I said welcome to NE Ohio 🤣

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Off boat topic, but I have a general question. I have an outdoor TV and living in central Florida we have liquid air with high humidity. Is there a product I can spray or apply to my HDMI ports for hooking up my Firestick to my outdoor TV as my firestick is having issues grabbing a connection. I’m no electrician so I’m not sure what could work or could damage the TV or HDMI ports to help with the connection or rust issues I am seeing…
As always, everyone’s help is greatly appreciated!
IMG_3319.jpeg

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think the same spray one uses from the trailer to the vehicle that cleans the connections would work.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Off boat topic, but I have a general question. I have an outdoor TV and living in central Florida we have liquid air with high humidity. Is there a product I can spray or apply to my HDMI ports for hooking up my Firestick to my outdoor TV as my firestick is having issues grabbing a connection. I’m no electrician so I’m not sure what could work or could damage the TV or HDMI ports to help with the connection or rust issues I am seeing…
View attachment 201221
You can try some rubbing alcohol on something small enough to fit into the HDMI port. Paper towel piece around the tip of a micro screwdriver might get it there to clean it up. Just go slow and easy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 201221
Try some dielectric grease. https://www.permatex.com/products/lubricants/speciality-lubricants/permatex-dielectric-tune-up-grease-3-oz/

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks I have @Murf'n'surf alcohol at home and can stop at Home Depot on my way home and get dielectric grease per @zipper recommendation today. Thanks for the help!
Thanks from me as well. I will be putting a deck and around my pool soon and plan to mount put a tv nearby, now I have a few helpful tips on maintaining the tv.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
thanks I have @Murf'n'surf alcohol at home and can stop at Home Depot on my way home and get dielectric grease per @zipper recommendation today. Thanks for the help!
Auto parts stores usually have little packets on the counter… HD probably has it but good luck finding someone that knows where it is.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Customer service at its finest lol

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral