• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yesterday at the stop light on my way home. I understand the need for multiple hitches for different types of trailers. But when you have all these locking hitch pins, wouldn’t it be easier to just take the hitch off to prevent theft? I also understand it’s Florida so accidents are almost a certain but this seems a little overkill?
IMG_3307.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday at the stop light on my way home. I understand the need for multiple hitches for different types of trailers. But when you have all these locking hitch pins, wouldn’t it be easier to just take the hitch off to prevent theft? I also understand it’s Florida so accidents are almost a certain but this seems a little overkill?
View attachment 201108
And you really only need to defeat one lock to steal it.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
And you really only need to defeat one lock to steal it.
I have a lock on my hitch receiver to the Yukon and one from the trailer to the ball. Up in Ohio when I lived there we had a run for a while with people taking off the hitch and stealing trailers directly from the truck at ramps.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a lock on my hitch receiver to the Yukon and one from the trailer to the ball. Up in Ohio when I lived there we had a run for a while with people taking off the hitch and stealing trailers directly from the truck at ramps.
Over 10 years ago my rig (truck, boat and boat trailer) were stolen. The boat and trailer were foind separately from the truck. The thieves removed the large nut that holds the ball to the draw bar so that they could use the truck after they dumped the boat and trailer. That is how they dealt with the locks I had on the trailer. Now I think that a boot on one of the trailer wheels is a better solution, which I have but rarely use.

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My digital nomad visa was approved. After nearly 6 months being abroad, I will be going to Florida to see family. Then to NY to have my boat in the water for 4th of July. I have to decide if I will either sell the boat or use it for July/August. Ultimately I'll be returning to Colombia with my mountain bike and I have to find a new apartment.

flight.jpg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 201108
I have that exact (very expensive) hitch. I threw a few extra bucks into the purchase to get one lock to present a minor inconvenience to the bad guys. No way do I have the patience to mess with three additional locks every time I need to use it.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My digital nomad visa was approved. After nearly 6 months being abroad, I will be going to Florida to see family. Then to NY to have my boat in the water for 4th of July. I have to decide if I will either sell the boat or use it for July/August. Ultimately I'll be returning to Colombia with my mountain bike and I have to find a new apartment.

View attachment 201113
What about the car? you just went through all that mess? Can you store it?
We will be up LG if your coming up, shoot a text!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have that exact (very expensive) hitch. I threw a few extra bucks into the purchase to get one lock to present a minor inconvenience to the bad guys. No way do I have the patience to mess with three additional locks every time I need to use it.
I agree, these BW hitches are nice and expensive, but this was an eye opener to me lol

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tha
Over 10 years ago my rig (truck, boat and boat trailer) were stolen. The boat and trailer were foind separately from the truck. The thieves removed the large nut that holds the ball to the draw bar so that they could use the truck after they dumped the boat and trailer. That is how they dealt with the locks I had on the trailer. Now I think that a boot on one of the trailer wheels is a better solution, which I have not rarely use.
Thanks for letting us know how the bad guys separated the boat from the truck. I will take a center punch and peen the threads of the ball thoroughly to make that endeavor as difficult as possible. If they just started hanging vehicle thieves (horse thieves) that would remove them from society.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Over 10 years ago my rig (truck, boat and boat trailer) were stolen. The boat and trailer were foind separately from the truck. The thieves removed the large nut that holds the ball to the draw bar so that they could use the truck after they dumped the boat and trailer. That is how they dealt with the locks I had on the trailer. Now I think that a boot on one of the trailer wheels is a better solution, which I have not rarely use.
Wow, I’m not sure what to say about this.. this seems to be the perfect storm. Some countries cut off thieves hands for steeling, I think some man parts are in order for these bastards….

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What about the car? you just went through all that mess? Can you store it?
We will be up LG if your coming up, shoot a text!
Yeah, there's parking at the airport for about $2 a day and I'll go get a cover for it. I can't imagine leaving it for more than 2 months. And in this crazy life of mine, I always have a car sitting somewhere, I don't even know why I buy cars anymore lol I have a like new RAM that I used for 4 months then left it for 6 months. Did the same thing with the car that I had in Brazil, my tacoma in NY, etc.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, there's parking at the airport for about $2 a day and I'll go get a cover for it. I can't imagine leaving it for more than 2 months. And in this crazy life of mine, I always have a car sitting somewhere, I don't even know why I buy cars anymore lol I have a like new RAM that I used for 4 months then left it for 6 months. Did the same thing with the car that I had in Brazil, my tacoma in NY, etc.
I am living vicariously through you. If you end up getting rid of the truck keep me posted...just started looking, gunna buy a 242 limited but weighs more than I can currently tow

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 201108
That's a bunch of keys to keep just for the hitch. At least he keeps his balls tucked away.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Baling hay today.

621C4B95-5CF0-407D-B975-BA5C0DFAE8AB.jpeg

EC2F86DF-E911-4FCD-A469-77CCD2398B0C.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Found this turtle in our yard. Not close to water. Any idea what type it is. It has points at the front of its shell. Flatter shell. Maybe a snapping turtle?View attachment 201128
We have soft shells that get into our yards once in a while. Look similar to snappers and fairly aggressive. That’s a small one compared to what I usually see in Florida. I grab a digging shovel and “re locate” them out of my yard. If my big dog sees it, we are having turtle soup. If it grabs my little dog, we are having turtle soup. In any event, we are having turtle soup 😉

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found this turtle in our yard. Not close to water. Any idea what type it is. It has points at the front of its shell. Flatter shell. Maybe a snapping turtle?View attachment 201128
Looks like an Eastern Painted Turtle by the shell pattern.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have soft shells that get into our yards once in a while. Look similar to snappers and fairly aggressive. That’s a small one compared to what I usually see in Florida. I grab a digging shovel and “re locate” them out of my yard. If my big dog sees it, we are having turtle soup. If it grabs my little dog, we are having turtle soup. In any event, we are having turtle soup 😉
Hence the gloves. It did hiss at me a couple times. Haha