• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Actually, I think it is 87 octane. Geographically, this is about 1/2 to old Sacramento so there is nothing or next to nothing on the river or nearby roads for the next 20 miles. The fee to launch and recover from there is $30 if you dont store your boat there. The same logic applies, it's the only place around for miles with a boat ramp/elevator.
What is this elevator? Is it just a high lift to store on, or do you put your trailer in this contraption and it lowers into the water in order to launch?

@MikeyL- I am a fellow Braves fan. I get depressed when checking scores (as I will no longer watch) because I can almost always guarantee a loss. I guess when a team is willing to trade away Jason Heyward, who they were previously building the team around, you can't expect anything great. Oh well, there always next decade.

I'll see your Braves and raise you a Brewers.

I'll see your Brewers and raise you the Cincinnati Reds. Uggg. :banghead:

You probably have us in the wasted-potential-frustration.

However, the Brewers are tough to beat in the annual race to be the first team to be essentially eliminated from contention. For argument's sake, let's pick 15 games below .500 as an indicator. The Brewers achieved this mark on May 26 this year. Remarkable! In contrast, the Reds, even though they are currently slightly behind the Brewers, did not hit the 15 games below .500 mark until August 16.

Their 8-21 August was certainly impressive, however. :p

Speaking of the Reds, here is a picture from our trip to a game earlier in June. We were in the new area called "The Handle Bar". It is worth checking out if anyone is ever in town for a game.

I know this isn't exactly what I am seeing right now, but hopefully you will allow it.

brooklyn reds.jpg

What is this elevator? Is it just a high lift to store on, or do you put your trailer in this contraption and it lowers into the water in order to launch?

It's just an elevator that lowers and raises the boat and trailer (in this case it's the boat owners trailer, if the facility offered a dry stack service they would probably use temporary trailers).

Here once the elevator reaches the top a tractor is used to take it out of the elevator and into the parking lot of the company where the boat owner can hook his rig to it.

The height of the elevator is commensurate with the height of the levy. These things were built during the gold rush and they keep a lot of surrounding farm land dry. If/when one fails it is a big deal but the state government is still very much reactive not proactive on this matter.

so this license plate was my great grandads and has been passed down for 4 generations now. I finally got my hands on them. Pretty excited.

image.jpg

@MikeyL- I am a fellow Braves fan. I get depressed when checking scores (as I will no longer watch) because I can almost always guarantee a loss. I guess when a team is willing to trade away Jason Heyward, who they were previously building the team around, you can't expect anything great. Oh well, there always next decade.
Many Thanks. Totally agree. It ain't gonna get any better anytime soon. They are left with nothing to build on. Even Freeman doesn't qualify on this item.
Andrelton Simmons, Nick Markakis and C Mabin do........but those 3 players do not a team make.
Interesting to see if they open this new Billion Dollar stadium in 2017 and no one cares and no one shows up.
Oh ????????? Was that terribly negative of me ? LOL !
Happy upcoming labor day to you ! Labor Day.gif
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Many Thanks. Totally agree. It ain't gonna get any better anytime soon. They are left with nothing to build on. Even Freeman doesn't qualify on this item.
Andrelton Simmons, Nick Markakis and C Mabin do........but those 3 players do not a team make.
Interesting to see if they open this new Billion Dollar stadium in 2017 and no one cares and no one shows up.
Oh ????????? Was that terribly negative of me ? LOL !
Happy upcoming labor day to you ! View attachment 28475
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Yep, I'm a huge Braves Fan and I was about ready to jump off a bridge with all the key players we ditched this off season. At the beginning of this season, I couldn't tell you who half the team was.

Until one of your teams goes 20 years straight under .500, I don't wanna hear it :P

Do any of you follow Pittsburg Dad? He has a YouTube channel. Dude is hilarious, I first thought that was him in the above video.

20150830_195623.jpg

Back