• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

gonna git me some pusser tonight!!
image.jpeg

I caught an oppossum last year in a cage. Had 3 youngs in its pouch. Hind feet and mostly thier tails hangin out. Freaky as hell. Hairless fugly lecherous wormlike scene

Our boxer Laila was dying to go out early one morning (about 4:30 ..pitch black out) and I let her out and happened to walk out with her. She BOLTED off the patio to the back corner of the yard and was TEARING SOMETHING UP....I mean she was ripping something to shreds....I bolted across the yard screaming her name and hoping I didn't step in dog crap and unsure what I was going to do when I did get there since it was pitch black out. She stopped when I got about 5 feet away and just walked off like nothing happened. So I go in the house and find a flashlight and sandals and go back out....there was a possum laying there dead as anything.

I go find a shovel and a garbage bag and go to get it....GONE....Damn little thing was fakin it.

week or so later, she brought it into the florida room and dropped it by the door...Super dead for real this time....Laila 1 - Possum 0.

possum_zpsf7tba0eh.jpg
My male boxer, Baxter, does the same thing. Seems like once a year he brings one home or catches it in his yard while my female boxer, Isabel, just hangs around and watches. The first time I did the same thing as you, got the dogs away from the possum, went to get a shovel and poof it was gone. Now when he brings a possum home, I get him away, wait 15 minutes, then go check on the critter and so far each time the possum is gone. Most critters don't bother me but for some reason possums freak me out.

My male boxer, Baxter, does the same thing. Seems like once a year he brings one home or catches it in his yard while my female boxer, Isabel, just hangs around and watches. The first time I did the same thing as you, got the dogs away from the possum, went to get a shovel and poof it was gone. Now when he brings a possum home, I get him away, wait 15 minutes, then go check on the critter and so far each time the possum is gone. Most critters don't bother me but for some reason possums freak me out.
They are ugly looking suckers....the mole is near the top though....Those things look like baby chupacabras

20150924_175125.jpg

Nice!

When I saw this picture I thought I would see where you are in Indiana. I pulled up the members map and was amused to see that you aren't too far from De Motte, IN. My previous job (7+ years ago ) had a terminal in De Motte and the terminal manager lived in Crown Point, both are pretty close to Cedar Lake. It's a small world.

That's awesome! We love being in Cedar Lake to go boating on anytime you want. Close enough to Lake Michigan for the big lake. You should come up and see it sometime. We actually hope to move to Kentucky or at least have a second home down there and can talk to you when we retire so maybe we'll come and visit you to go exploring once!

Nice!

When I saw this picture I thought I would see where you are in Indiana. I pulled up the members map and was amused to see that you aren't too far from De Motte, IN. My previous job (7+ years ago ) had a terminal in De Motte and the terminal manager lived in Crown Point, both are pretty close to Cedar Lake. It's a small world.

That's awesome! We love being in Cedar Lake to go boating on anytime you want. Close enough to Lake Michigan for the big lake. You should come up and see it sometime. We actually hope to move to Kentucky or at least have a second home down there and can talk to you when we retire so maybe we'll come and visit you to go exploring once!

We are at the top of Kentucky near Cincinnati, if you ever make it down this way let me know. We would be happy to take you and your family for a ride on the Ohio River.

Friday Night Lights in Texas!
image.jpeg

Buckeyes driveway tailgate!

image.jpeg

Full image attached, but I wish I could be down there right now. Water temp is high, it's warm outside... but work is getting in the way (that and everyone I'd boat with is not up here right now).

rockport.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2322.JPG
    IMG_2322.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Hockey season is upon us! The lil guy just had to have the LED net with glow in the dark sticks and ball.
image.jpeg

LED GOAL!?!?!?!?! Thats awesome! I need that!

we took the canoe and kayak down the creek that feeds into our lake, it was about a 3 mile trip,

IMG_4736.JPG IMG_4737.JPG

image.jpeg Slip boating. 51 degrees and 30mph winds. Made the best out of the trip to the lake!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back