• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Saw this headed out while fishing for Reds down in Port Aransas, TX. Those tug boats are actually really big tugs. You could see this monster from 10 miles away. image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got a couple of the car toys out for 2 shows this weekend.

10540383_1065114810174470_8860689473925830391_o.jpg

I took my son up to view the sf bay from Fish ranch road. His reaction, "it's beautiful up here dad, definately coming back when I get a girlfriend and a car."

image.jpg image.jpg

Been traveling the past week. Saw some different kinds of boats than those we're used to... (Also drove through Rotterdam's harbor area - holy CRAP, that place is HUGE!)

IMG_8415.JPG

IMG_8414.JPG

IMG_8446.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

Been traveling the past week. Saw some different kinds of boats than those we're used to... (Also drove through Rotterdam's harbor area - holy CRAP, that place is HUGE!)

View attachment 30336

View attachment 30337

View attachment 30338

View attachment 30339
Dang I'm jealous. I fly to the middle east a few times a year and usually have a layover in Amsterdam....I really want to lay over for a week and have my wife come join me...one trip I'm gonna do it..I promised myself.

The cars in that second pic must me in long term storage....not getting them out easy. Not to mention stepping out the door must have been fun. Do they have right hand drive there? I didn't think so.

Now that I look at it again, I guess the cars on the left have a lane that's hard too see...I noticed it on the right side.

The cars in that second pic must me in long term storage....not getting them out easy. Not to mention stepping out the door must have been fun. Do they have right hand drive there? I didn't think so.

Absolutely do it - sooner rather than later. The exchange rate is the best we've ever seen.

As for the cars, yep, left hand drive, there is a lane between the buildings and the cars - but it's tight, especially for trucks. And we figured that the driver's only hope is to get out the passenger side... (Some spaces are angle parking - you can see them in the distance in the photo below. But then it makes things more interesting when some asshole parks poorly - ie: without his left front wheel about a foot from the edge of the canal, or when someone parks his Avalanche on one of these streets - for those trying to get by.)

Apparently only 35 cars a year end up in the canals (they DO drive better than here!). 12000 to 15000 bicycles too, mind you...

Oh, and for a town with so many "coffee shops" the streets in the center are filled with "sobriety tests" - canal-side parking, the access to the basement below and the little brown bollards that are just the right height for most guys to square themselves in a moment of inattention, especially at night or when dodging bikes. Proud to say I never did - but I came damned close!
IMG_8494.JPG

Absolutely do it - sooner rather than later. The exchange rate is the best we've ever seen.

As for the cars, yep, left hand drive, there is a lane between the buildings and the cars - but it's tight, especially for trucks. And we figured that the driver's only hope is to get out the passenger side... (Some spaces are angle parking - you can see them in the distance in the photo below. But then it makes things more interesting when some asshole parks poorly - ie: without his left front wheel about a foot from the edge of the canal, or when someone parks his Avalanche on one of these streets - for those trying to get by.)

Apparently only 35 cars a year end up in the canals (they DO drive better than here!). 12000 to 15000 bicycles too, mind you...

Oh, and for a town with so many "coffee shops" the streets in the center are filled with "sobriety tests" - canal-side parking, the access to the basement below and the little brown bollards that are just the right height for most guys to square themselves in a moment of inattention, especially at night or when dodging bikes. Proud to say I never did - but I came damned close!
View attachment 30341
Speaking of coffee shops. uh, I don't really care,.....just curious for a friend....... and you may not know since you probably don't care either but they were talking about not letting tourists buy pot in any form. did they pass that?

Speaking of coffee shops. uh, I don't really care,.....just curious for a friend....... and you may not know since you probably don't care either but they were talking about not letting tourists buy pot in any form. did they pass that?
Not a thing for me (mildly allergic to smoke of any kind) but apparently it was passed on a "province by province" basis and Amsterdam "opted out"... That said, there are so many people on weed in that city at any given moment sometimes you wonder if you could get a contact high from second hand smoke! And in some neighborhoods it's easier to find a "coffee shop" open first thing in the morning than a COFFEE shop!
Those places were generally unobtrusive and other than the ones with, say, a Rasta-themed decoration, sometimes were hard to distinguish from say Starbucks. The places that surprised the heck out of me were the "smartshops"... To quote from this link https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/amsterdam/the-guide-to-amsterdam-smartshops, "For the chemically curious, Amsterdam has more to offer than just smokeables; however, you won’t find Amsterdam’s second-most famous “soft” substance in any coffee shops. So where are the “magic mushrooms”? Trick question! They’ve been illegal since 2008. But don’t worry, Amsterdam’s smartshops make sure that no one has to miss them."
By the way, this is something I've never seen before - was looking for a place we passed by a number of times with some of the wildest stuff advertised right in the window to link for you and found it. But the weird part is that Google street view goes INSIDE the store: http://tinyurl.com/ovdeekl
Honestly, it's interesting - it's just not an "issue" there - like how the French or Italian waiter will ask your 14 year old son if he wants a glass of wine with dinner (yep, happened), or topless sunbathing in the south of France (why, oh, why were they all 4 out of 10 or maybe 6 out of 10at best??:watching:)

And in case your friend asks... yes, we did have a quick walk through the red light district too! ;) But that's possibly for another post...

Beautiful fall colors on the big oak trees here!
But they force my 20' burn pit into action.20151021_175315.jpg 20151021_184440.jpg

@Big Shasta, England, Ireland and Scotland drive on the left in right hand drive cars. Everyone on the content drives on the right in left hand drive cars. It was fun to drive onto the channel tunnel train or a ferry and drive off on the opposite side of the road.

A friend hosted one of his friends bachelor parties in Amsterdam. Their biggest issue was the complete lack of availability of strippers. There were plenty of services available in the red light district but they were only interested in providing services that were not compatible with the upcoming marriage.

I worked on Philips Y2K project in Eindhoven while living in Cambridge so for a year or so I made almost weekly trips through Amsterdam.

image.jpg
Took this photo of my GPS unit on the boat yesterday..... I guess it was a good year...

Wish I would get on my own boat that much! I must stop working......

I guess it has to happen once a year!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg

Had to take tower off to fit in the garage. Tucked away in the shed with the lawnmower and stuff. Guess I won't be testing those speakers till spring.

Attachments

• 20151024_125254.jpg
    20151024_125254.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 22
@Speedling Were you able to get all your wires ran through the tower before you had to take it off?

@Speedling Were you able to get all your wires ran through the tower before you had to take it off?
Speakers yes, tower light no.
I will be installing the amp and if I get to the shed during winter I may mess with it but I fear I may need to disassemble some of the tower to run the wires.
Part of the issue was that they hadn't drilled out one of the holes for the wired so I had to take it apart to do that as well.

At the walk for Breast Cancer Awareness. Walking for a cause (breasts (and spandex)).

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpeg
@Ronnie bravo on supporting the cause! I'm sure you have or know friends or loved ones that have fought the fight. This was a pic I took yesterday evening of my wife celebrating. 2 hours before this she finished her last radiation treatment and had the port removed from her chest! We were celebrating her winning the fight against breast cancer. We will forever be supporters of the cure for cancer and breast cancer awareness.

Back