• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How did it compare to LI Sound?

It is rough for the sound, depending on the wind. when it is windy the sound has choppy waves like that. I had a 16’Checkmate that we used all the time when I was in my 20’s you could tell when you came out of the sound toward Block island because then there was swells that were 10 to 20’ across when you were in the ocean. There were not swells like that in the sound Long Island blocked them.
your new summer destination should be Block Island it is awesome out there! 12 mile jump in the ocean. When it was really bad we would just follow the ferry it smoothed it out. We would fuel up in Montauk and then make the jump over. Montauk is another great place to hang out with a boat. Sag harbor has a lot of boat stuff to. Summer can be great in this area it is just short.
That picture was when it was calm out there I could not take a picture when it was rough and I was moving.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is rough for the sound, depending on the wind. when it is windy the sound has choppy waves like that. I had a 16’Checkmate that we used all the time when I was in my 20’s you could tell when you came out of the sound toward Block island because then there was swells that were 10 to 20’ across when you were in the ocean. There were not swells like that in the sound Long Island blocked them.
your new summer destination should be Block Island it is awesome out there! 12 mile jump in the ocean. When it was really bad we would just follow the ferry it smoothed it out. We would fuel up in Montauk and then make the jump over. Montauk is another great place to hang out with a boat. Sag harbor has a lot of boat stuff to. Summer can be great in this area it is just short.
That picture was when it was calm out there I could not take a picture when it was rough and I was moving.
I am so looking forward to that! We used to fish Buzzards bay when I lived in Boston in the nineties, with occasional trips around Martha’s Vineyard, which was fun in a small boat with no GPS, lol, never been in the LI Sound or Block.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Excellent clam chowda on the Block. MV and Block are great places to go/stay. Spent weekends on Block Island camping with the Boy Scouts (many moons ago).

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent clam chowda on the Block. MV and Block are great places to go/stay. Spent weekends on Block Island camping with the Boy Scouts (many moons ago).
I love clam chowder, like them both but “grew up” w/ New England style, lol.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love clam chowder, like them both but “grew up” w/ New England style, lol.

Mmmmmmm Clam Chowdah!

Went out to Shelburne Shipyard Monday to visit the Beneteau for the first time since November. We were both surprised that the bay had not frozen over. This is a rare occurance to see open water here in Febuary.

20200217_150211.jpg

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Time to charge up
Mmmmmmm Clam Chowdah!

Went out to Shelburne Shipyard Monday to visit the Beneteau for the first time since November. We were both surprised that the bay had not frozen over. This is a rare occurance to see open water here in Febuary.

View attachment 112010
Time to charge up those batteries!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It has a steering fluid leak that I'm struggling to find.

Mechanic for one of the city's that I live around. Take care of everything it seems like. Public works vehicles & equipment, fire trucks and other vehicles, code enforcement vehicles, wastewater vehicles and equipment, police cars, stand-by generators and whatever else I forgot.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see tonight's cold sunset from a warm home. That ball of warmth is moving North on the horizon.

20200220_172627.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been to Pensacola and the Florida Pan Handle many times and I've seen some sharks and big hammerheads but geez this is a big girl!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went down to St. Louis yesterday and met @swatski. Great meeting someone from the forum and they couldn’t have been nicer. Hope to meet up again someday.
While the daughter & I were down there she told me we were going to the Arch. So to the Arch we went and she loved it. DA18EB2E-232A-45D6-85B4-B959D16EADA2.jpeg6BBF166A-0799-40E7-B63B-9F284DEA18A5.jpeg8E89359E-9DB5-449C-9D71-AF1ACB4F888A.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dogs being Nauti.

MVIMG_20200227_160110.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not really what I see, but what my buddy saw yesterday. Me riding a wakeboard on the ocean in Ocho Rios Jamaica.

Boat is a 225hp, 4Stroke outboard powered MasterCraft NXT. Really amazed how quite and powerful the setup is. Wake was garbage, and the ocean was rough in general, but I can say I've done it now.
IMG-20200227-WA0012.jpg