• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the bright side the vise did last about 20 years and now I have a reason to upgrade.
Now go find and buy a nice OLD Wilton. I think Chuck Norris hurt himself stress testing one of those.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Babin Farms , what did you use/do to get rid of the glue shadows on your graphics? I need to clean mine up or remove the graphics altogether.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie, I used CUT-THRU multi purpose remover. Works pretty good. I've also used carb cleaner when removing the glue off of vehicles at work with no issues, just spray on rag and wipe. I was debating on removing the graphics or not but i figured I'd at least give it a shot. They cleaned up so well they look like they were just put on the boat.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Acetone is my go to for glue removal on fiberglass.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This and similar bill boards are what I see often now here in Silicon Valley. Why don’t major tech companies drug test their employees? I was told by HR at one of them, the one that hired me (Apple) that it’s because they want to promote creativity not stifle it.FECBCEE3-3E9B-4C10-817A-C16BBA864E3B.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife volunteered to put together a raffle/fundraising item for our son’s track team. Here is what she came up with any one want to guess what it costs?
CEBDA993-67E6-4321-89A4-E5E632A70ACD.jpeg928173D1-3919-4266-85D5-2ECC66923B3C.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie, I used CUT-THRU multi purpose remover. Works pretty good. I've also used carb cleaner when removing the glue off of vehicles at work with no issues, just spray on rag and wipe. I was debating on removing the graphics or not but i figured I'd at least give it a shot. They cleaned up so well they look like they were just put on the boat.

This stuff is great for removing adhesives. Spray it on and wipe it off. Fawcett Boat Supplies

20190502_143506.jpg

20190502_150517.jpg

I used it to remove the adhesive/butyl from the gelcoat and acrylic port lights without reacting with either during the rebedding.

20190426_130012.jpg

The remaining black is the remains of a black painted trim around acrylic. That is why they leaked. Bad bond where the paint let loose from acrylic.

And of course removing the adhesive for the application of the new teak.

20190506_155222.jpg

20190628_172338.jpg

It easily removes sticker/decal adhesive.

20190522_153543.jpg

20190522_153940.jpg

No, I am not a salesman or have stock in the company...just a happy customer.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This stuff is great for removing adhesives. Spray it on and wipe it off. Fawcett Boat Supplies

View attachment 113154

View attachment 113155

I used it to remove the adhesive/butyl from the gelcoat and acrylic port lights without reacting with either during the rebedding.

View attachment 113156

The remaining black is the remains of a black painted trim around acrylic.

It easily removes sticker/decal adhesive.

View attachment 113157

View attachment 113158

No, I am not a salesman or have stock in the company...just a happy customer.
I have used that a bunch on 5200 with great results but never thought to use as a sticker remover....Genius!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really close. I had to check the pic to see if the receipt was in it. $175 and change from Bev Mo before the cost of the pale, foam base and dowels.
Total with the latter was $192 and change. Lucky the booster club is reimbursing us. It will suck if we don’t even break even on this but this shouldnt be a problem since parents of high school kids always seem to be very interested in raffles involving alcohol.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This and similar bill boards are what I see often now here in Silicon Valley. Why don’t major tech companies drug test their employees? I was told by HR at one of them, the one that hired me (Apple) that it’s because they want to promote creativity not stifle it.View attachment 113151
Cause we'd lose an astronomical amount of our workforce. LOL! I've worked for a major player in the Silicon Valley area my whole career and the amount of people that smoke pot on the regular is insane. Granted that likely will be legal just about everywhere shortly, but on my old team if they would have drug tested them I would have lost basically all my architects and senior engineers. Pretty sure if I was to do it on my current team I'd lose at least one senior resource. As long as they don't come to work high, then I pretty much don't care what they do in their free time. We're also not assembling vehicles, or working with heavy machinery. If someone screws up an email, or a presentation, no one is likely going to die. LOL!