• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So I’m an asshat (pulled plug off trailer).

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I’m an ass hat and I unhooked everything except for the freaking seven pin plug. Pulled away and of course ripped it off right in the middle. Anybody know what a part number would be to replace that thing?

Soldered it back together for now, but just looking at it makes me angry all over again. Luckily I didn’t have anything heavy to throw.

Any assistance to help take the edge of my stupidity appreciated!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Man I hate to here that...and not sure this will help but here is the parts link to ShoreLand'r I would normally search it first but they require the VIN to match models...Good luck!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't feel bad, while pulling out of my uncles dark barn in WI after dropping the boat off, I hear a TWANG. Go back to look and realize I pulled out without unhooking the emergency brake cable!!! D'Oh!

If it is the flat plug and your tow vehicle has the round plug...consider switching to one that matches now that you have it off!!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can we get pictures of this disaster?! :winkingthumbsup"

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to hear this. I’ve messed up three times, had to replace the trailer jack pin twice and the brake cable once.

I dealt with shorelandr and they were helpful but they don’t sell to the public so they put me in touch with the East Marine special order department. The number is 302-453-1358 and ask for Steve. He’s very helpful and I got the parts I needed in a few days.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for all the input... I'm still aggravated. Bone head move to say the least. But in the grand scheme of life, no worries.

Didn't think to take pics... 15mins later it was all soldered and shrink wrapped up. Have not tried it out though.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I shrink wrapped a cable from a paddle wheel used to indicate speed... that lasted for about 7 years underwater until the wheel broke (Not the cable connection..the wheel!) . If it's working now I would be hesitant to replace, as your repair will likely outlast the trailer at this point.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The curls are stretched out in places, its a constant reminder...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is nothing special about the wiring on these trailers. Don't waste your time or money contacting the MFG, just buy generic parts and reconnect it. If you have already done what you say, you obviously have the skillset to put it back together.

You can buy these connections from online sources like Etrailer, or Amazon. Your local fleet supply dealers carry all the connectors as well. Local trailer dealers would be more than happy to install them if you want a nice clean install rather than doing it yourself.

I like the suggestion of putting on a 7 pin connector over the 5 pin. 5 pin never made sense to me, as you were always using an adapter and 7 pin is standard on any truck with the capacity to tow these boats.

My suggestion would be wiring in a 7 pin with possibly a coil cord, to keep it nice and clean. Always leaving enough slack where the folding tongue bends of course.

Good luck!

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mines an aluminum 2019 that came with a coiled 7 pin. I'll get one locally to replace. Thanks guys.