• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So where is my head unit? With pictures <how to expand 2018 242X audio>

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm confused. This is behind the helm. Where is my head unit?

IMG_20190710_154028.jpg. IMG_20190710_153959.jpg

And what are these

IMG_20190710_154014.jpg

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm confused. This is behind the helm. Where is my head unit?
Probably at the stern, the Connext system is just a remote access device using NMEA data connections. If you want to add an amp or something, you'll probably need to access the cables at the control unit.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hole up! So if I want to add an amp or speakers and what not I have to remove the stern "remote"?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hole up! So if I want to add an amp or speakers and what not I have to remove the stern "remote"?
Nope....but their new OEM model Wetsounds Amps didn't make it easy. I was able to tap into a pair of RCA outputs on my stock polk amps to expand my system. Others with an '18 will have to pitch in on how they expanded it.

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@tabbibus your headunit is at the stern starboard side. When I added my amp I did it through there. Side note* I had to plug and play a couple of wires to find the 5v reference (REM I think its called) for the amp turn on for my headunit. There were no special connections to plug and play.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@tabbibus your headunit is at the stern starboard side. When I added my amp I did it through there. Side note* I had to plug and play a couple of wires to find the 5v reference (REM I think its called) for the amp turn on for my headunit. There were no special connections to plug and play.
So behind the remote? Or in in the cockpit under the starboard passenger seat (storage area)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok same as mine. Your headunit on the swim platform is the headunit you are looking for. You will have to plug in your own wire to the connector for the REM wire (blue wire). At the time I did this there were no easy plug adapters for the headunit.

I looked up online the wire schematic for the headunit and found where i needed to put the pin.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So behind the remote? Or in in the cockpit under the starboard passenger seat (storage area)
Again, the device on the stern of the boat (on the swim deck) IS the head unit (on your boat, I believe it's a Fusion RA70N). The Connext screen is the REMOTE. Remove the head unit from the stern to get to the outputs you are looking for.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
got it got it... thanks everyone... also, that sucks!

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yes, if i remember correctly. The pin you want to plug the REM wire into is 2 over from the last wire not the very next open one. LIke I said earlier I have at least one wire that is in the connector just sitting there because it didnt work