• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sold my 195

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well I sold my 195 and bought a baja 342 boss with twin 496's. I got into poker runs so I needed something a little bigger and faster. Plus this boat should work great for bimini next year

Attachments

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Don’t think you could have come up with a bigger switch than that....I guess maybe going to a pontoon, LOL.
Bajas are sweet boats, and it looks like you picked a nice one.
Enjoy!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Don’t think you could have come up with a bigger switch than that....I guess maybe going to a pontoon, LOL.
Bajas are sweet boats, and it looks like you picked a nice one.
Enjoy!
Yeah it was a bit of a learning curve. Still learning how to dock twins.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
15footitis! WOW Now that is an upgrade!

I got to have drinks on a new 52' Carver while I was in Tampa.....does that count? They just finished doing the full loop (took 9 months doing it)...now that is retirement for ya!

carver.jpg

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
15footitis! WOW Now that is an upgrade!

I got to have drinks on a new 52' Carver while I was in Tampa.....does that count? They just finished doing the full loop (took 9 months doing it)...now that is retirement for ya!

View attachment 127512
Thats a nice boat. If you're gonna do a long term cruise why not be in comfort.

When I originally decided to get a bigger boat I was looking to be in a 25-27 ft range. But then decided for just a little more money I could get a 29ft. Then I came across this boat at a good price and had to jump on it. Honestly after using a big boat, I don't think I'll get another small boat again. It rides great in rough water. Has speed to get across the water in comfort. It was kinda intimidating at first. But I'm getting used to it.