• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Source of Leak

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Went boating today and noticed on 3 occasions the bilge pump turning on and spewing out water for about 8-10 seconds each time it turned on
The first time it happened, i had only traveled a short distance, sat in the water for about 45 minutes before the pump turned on. Second time maybe 10 minutes after that. The third time was probably an 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
My Plug was very tight. I looked under the boat when i got home this evening and noticed some silicone missing around the screws on the intake grate as well as around the intake grate itself
Could this be the source of a small leak, and if so what is the best silicone to fix with.
thanks for you guys' helpIMG_2267.jpgIMG_2266.jpg

No, unfortunately that won't be your source. All that silicone does is keep you from having cavitation issues.

One way to find a leak is to put the plug in, raise the bow, and put several gallons of water into the bilge. Then look on the outside of the back of the boat for water leaking out.

One way to find a leak is to put the plug in, raise the bow, and put several gallons of water into the bilge. Then look on the outside of the back of the boat for water leaking out.
I will try this... thanks
It has never happened before and it is odd of the timing differences between the water being pumped out.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

I got up this morning and plugged the drain, filled with water and noticed a small drip coming from the plug itself. It looks to be like it is not getting a good seal. Not sure if the was the true cause because of how small the drip was coming out though. I guess it is possible
Would it be best to just replace the plug with a stainless steel one or just get a new o-ring.

If it's coming in/out around the threads, get a new o-ring. When the boat is in the water, the leak will be 10 times as much due to the pressure.

Back