• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Starting to see corrosion.

I spray the outside of the pumps and nozzles with white lithium grease I also spray the engine and all the electronics never have any issues. I rinse my engines with car wash soap that has wax in it to coat the inside of the water jackets .

It all seems easy to just clean off. Its like a residue not corrosion. My bad

Hey that’s great news! Some time and elbow grease and all will be right!

I was doing some research on the anodes today, thanks @Jim_in_Delaware, and was reminded of something I had read a while ago. When you see the anode on the rear start to get crusty, give it a light cleaning with a fine bristle stainless wire brush to keep its performance up. I also was told that the anodes on our boats are most likely a blend of zinc, aluminum, and magnesium to make sure they work over a variety of conditions.

I also spoke with my marine mechanic friend about how to flush fresh water minerals out of the block. He told me how they used to use a muriatic acid solution on the big sport fishing boats to dissolve barnacles that had grown in the fresh water to sea water heat exchangers. The muriatic acid would dissolve the shells since they’re calcium based. I asked him whether I should consider doing something like that to my boat, he said no, as there are no heating issues with my boat, and a flush like the one mentioned is hard on things.

Back