• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo quit....

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thought I was going to have to be towed in yesterday.. My stereo quit...So,, now shopping for new stereo reciever. I am having a difficult time finding one that is satallite radio equipped, all in one unit. They all say satallite ready,, but actually require extra equipment. My current radio that came with the boat new has it all in one. Does anyone have any recomendations for a replacement radio that is already equipped and ready to go with sirius radio?

Assuming you have the same Aquatic AV unit that's in mine, it appears to be all built in, but it's not. There's a separate (very small) unit and antenna behind the helm. I ended up relocating the antenna by the GPS antenna for better reception.

Yes, a Aquatic is what I currently have. Does it just plug in? So if I buy another stereo reciever that is satelite ready it will plug into what I have? Maybe? Is the antenna under the helm also?

Last edited:
Did you check all the fuses on your current stereo....could just be a blown fuse. There should be one behind the unit itself, or perhaps even in the back of it.

Yes it powers up, sometimes but not others. And sometimes when it does it goes ballistic like someone is pushing all the buttons at once. I thought it might be the remote, sometimes I could turn it on with the remote but not the main deck. I checked all the connections and they are good. I unplugged the remote but no difference. This is already the second receiver and I think it went to heck again.

Last edited:
Back