• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storing mats for the winter

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So, Yamaha season has come to an end. I’m prepping the boat for winter storage and this year I plan to take the snap-in Marine Mat out.

How do you all store your carpets/mats? I’d like to keep them flat and off the ground, maybe using garment hangers with clips and hang them in our shed. Is there another way I’m missing?

thanks!

Just thinking out loud and I don't know how accurate this is.... I wonder if the Marine Mat will stretch slightly if hung from clips and cause it to be a little big when you snap it back into the boat next season? I'm sure it'll go back to normal size quickly. I just take mine out and store them flat in a closet in my house.

With my carpet, I roll it up and put it on above the garage door storage hanger "shelves". This keeps it away from things that might want to nest.....

I kept mine hung on heavy metal hangers with binder clips, after washing them to dry and put away for the winter. No issues with stretching.

I kept mine hung on heavy metal hangers with binder clips, after washing them to dry and put away for the winter. No issues with stretching.
This was my initial train of thought for storage. The Admiral was advocating for rolling them up loosely and putting the bundle into a massive duffel bag that we have. Honestly, I’m still leaning toward the hangers.

Why do you feel the need to take them out? I've always left mine in the boat.

But for reference - I did store my boat outside in the snow for one season (I know - it sucks, but I had to). For that one season, I did take everything out of the boat, including the mats. I rolled them up and wrapped them with stretch wrap. They were stored in the basement. They were just fine next spring.

Why do you feel the need to take them out? I've always left mine in the boat.

But for reference - I did store my boat outside in the snow for one season (I know - it sucks, but I had to). For that one season, I did take everything out of the boat, including the mats. I rolled them up and wrapped them with stretch wrap. They were stored in the basement. They were just fine next spring.
It gets pretty nasty under the mats come spring. Boat is stored indoors (unheated) over the winter and the gap is just enough for things to grow.

Rolled up and put on the shelf in the garage.

Long version: I give them a good scrub and rinse in the boat. Then I throw them in the pool for a bit to kill any funk. Hang dry on the deck railing, then rolled up for the winter nap.

Rolled up and put on the shelf in the garage.

Long version: I give them a good scrub and rinse in the boat. Then I throw them in the pool for a bit to kill any funk. Hang dry on the deck railing, then rolled up for the winter nap.
Ooo I like this option. I think I’ll give them a dunk in the hot tub!

I remove, give a good cleaning, let them air dry and them lay them flat indoors under my bed for the winter months. Pull them out in the spring and snap them back in. Good to go.

Back