• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stretch and slide for long term docking

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have my boat tied to the dock with the stretch and slides, been like that all week. Anyone use them for longer term docking?

nope, but I really like the convenience of mine. I use them to tie up to other boats out on the water. Super fast and simple.

What's a stretch and slide? Going to be moored in the Keys for a week and looking to lessen tide effects.

Just ordered two.
Thanks for the tip.

Do you know what the pound capability of these Stainless Steel Carabiners are?

Those were example. I do make sure they are the real strong ones and not the cheap easily broken ones. I have towed another watercraft easily with them.. and i have one on my tube rope i pull the kids with

Pound rating will not be an issue with a flexible line like the S&S

and i have one on my tube rope i pull the kids with
Not sure I'd ever put a metal carabiner on a tube tow rope anywhere....it breaks and you have a metal projectile coming at you! I'll stick with just rope...

Ah.. great point i have never thought of that..i will remove them. Thanks for the heads up.

I've used them for 4 nights at a slip. They are great for short term tie up.

Back