• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

T-Top Wire Routing

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just removed my canvas from my T-Top frame to install a new cover ( white on top/ sky blue bottom) and wanted to run my wiring for my spreader lights. I noted two plastic plugs in the top of the framing that Yamaha drilled to run the wiring for the anchor light. Question is does anyone know if the tubing is open at the front where the two sections are welded together ? Was hoping someone else has already done this before I drill a test hole :)

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm curious about this one too, I have 2 LED spreaders that I need to install.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Port side frame wiring Holes from factory is what i used to wire my spreader lights. I also mimicked the starboard side to run coax for my marine radio. I can send some pics if it ever stops raining here. Also, a small washer attached to a string and a vacuum cleaner will be your friend with that install.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Port side frame wiring Holes from factory is what i used to wire my spreader lights. I also mimicked the starboard side to run coax for my marine radio. I can send some pics if it ever stops raining here. Also, a small washer attached to a string and a vacuum cleaner will be your friend with that install.
Thank you will wait for the pic

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My T-Top speaker wires are just running outside of the tubing for now but I did have plans to route them internally. I was worried that I would start drilling holes and not be able to pull the heavy gauge speaker wire through so I've left it so far.

The vacuum and washer trick is brilliant.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
well I plan to drill a test hole this weekend so I'll let everyone know what I find.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok bad news. The framing tubes do not have pre-drilled wiring holes inside. As you can see by the photo I drilled right above the down tube frame. By doing that I was able to drill into the connecting tube to run the wiring so that it exits at the same location as the wiring for the anchor light. As of right now. Thinking I will run the wiring from the spreader light on the backside of the front tube to that entry point.

Attachments

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finished up this morning with the spreader light install. Was not able to run the wire internally on the front tube without drilling completely through the front tube so I ended up running it on the outside. Zip ties maybe temporary until I come up with something different to attach the wires to the frame . New canvas top as you can see has not be strung up as of yet. Was waiting to finish the spreadlight.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finished up this morning with the spreader light install. Was not able to run the wire internally on the front tube without drilling completely through the front tube so I ended up running it on the outside. Zip ties maybe temporary until I come up with something different to attach the wires to the frame . New canvas top as you can see has not be strung up as of yet. Was waiting to finish the spreadlight.
Where did you get the little grommets and white wire? Looks pretty sano!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the grommet's I was able to pick up at the local hardware store. The large hole in.the top fram is 1/2 and the smaller hole through the side was 1/4. Also purchased a roll of that mesh wire protector off Amazon and have that installed over the wiring where it passes through holes internally. As for the white wire I took a white cable tv wire and pulled everything out to simply use the cover to go over the black and red wires. Hope that makes sense. Also used some white wire shrink to seal up.the ends.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like your TTop cover. You picked a great color combination. I am guessing it was custom made. Any links to the maker?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the grommet's I was able to pick up at the local hardware store. The large hole in.the top fram is 1/2 and the smaller hole through the side was 1/4. Also purchased a roll of that mesh wire protector off Amazon and have that installed over the wiring where it passes through holes internally. As for the white wire I took a white cable tv wire and pulled everything out to simply use the cover to go over the black and red wires. Hope that makes sense. Also used some white wire shrink to seal up.the ends.
Totally makes sense! Very crafty!

Thanks!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
G2 OUTFITTERS did the replacement canvas.. they have the template already.. Mine is white on top and blue on the bottom side.. Matches the boat perfectly. G2 OUTFITTERS

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just an FYI there is just enough room to squeeze in another wire through the already existing holes Yamaha uses to run the anchor light wiring through the mid section of the T-top frame

Attachments

jpaterson5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tailwaters - thanks for your post(s). I'm hoping you can clarify how you ran the wires down the vertical post (matching factory wiring)... For the life of me, I can't seem to route my new wires for my front spreader light down the same path... I've gotten through the canopy - just can get them down into helm compartment. I attempted to vacuum a string down the tube from top to bottom (with top end attached to wires), but no luck. I tried fishing down with coat hanger...still no luck. Any suggestions for how to get the wires down??? I suppose there's always the option of increasing the size of the holes, but I'd like to avoid, if possible. Thanks to any who have a suggestion...
2021-07-06_12-06-29.png

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Try tying a small washer(might have to fold in half) to the string and let gravity do the work until it gets close enough to the hole to vaccum it out. You can also use a strong magnet to help walk the washer down the tube if it gets stuck. It would be alot easier if you drilled new holes on the opposite side and ran the wires there. The problem on that side is the existing wiring gets in the way. I believe I ended up cutting the connector off the lower end attaching a string then pulling the mast light power up through the top hole with the string. Then tape the wires you want to fish to the wires you pulled out and pull them back through together with the string. I ended up running coax for vhf radio on starboard side.

Attachments

jpaterson5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, Dixemon. That's a great idea re: the washer... I hadn't considered. I may try using some heavy fishing leader with some split shot instead of the washer, but I like the concept. Agree that going down the opposite side would have been easier in retrospect, but I'm already through the canopy and don't want those holes I drilled into the frame to have been made in vain!