• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Table Rock Lake, June 10-14 2015

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, that finger going to Baxter doesn't get that much traffic or at least as much as the main lake. Either one of those would be a good spot to hang out. Heck, this time next week I will be at the lake sipping on something cold!!

Woodchuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone that is coming have any of the newer larger sized fins on their boat? We are thinking about adding fins.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have them as well. Only major dislike is the rougher turning at a little higher then no wake speed before they kick up. The difference in slow speed handling more then make up for that though.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Getting off of work at 1:30 tomorrow!!! Can't wait! Convoy meeting at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday at the Cuba exit and 4 boats going from there.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was in the water this weekend and it felt great!!! Of course it helped that it was in the upper 80's...but still, it felt really good!!!

Woodchuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was in the water this weekend and it felt great!!! Of course it helped that it was in the upper 80's...but still, it felt really good!!!
Jim, I was in the water in Beardsley cove on Sunday and the top foot of water felt nice but 2 feet down was rather chilly. It was best to stay as horizontal as possible. I bet it will be rising with this warm weather though.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, felt that difference when I dove in too @Woodchuck . I didn't stay in too long, just long enough to cool off a little but it sure didn't stop all the kids swimming around. OH, to be young once more!! :)

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys, after looking at how long on the water it will take I am thinking it might be more efficient for us to tow over. Is there a good, free ramp to put the boat in over there? Can someone give me an address or coordinates to see what our travel time would be like? I looked up directions to Oak Hill Resort and that was 33 minutes. A heck of a lot better than the alternative by water to get that far north! ;)

Also, have we decided where to meet on saturday?

BTW water temp yesterday was 81 degrees! Very nice!

Last edited:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CDENsomnia I will send you a PM with my phone number. I will try and give you some options.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the map that Jim provided , a page back, there is a location at the bottom with an X, we are thinking that will be the raft up location.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, after looking at how long on the water it will take I am thinking it might be more efficient for us to tow over. Is there a good, free ramp to put the boat in over there? Can someone give me an address or coordinates to see what our travel time would be like? I looked up directions to Oak Hill Resort and that was 33 minutes. A heck of a lot better than the alternative by water to get that far north! ;)

Also, have we decided where to meet on saturday?

BTW water temp yesterday was 81 degrees! Very nice!
I suggest you call MILL CREEK CAMPROUNDS and ask if you can put in there. It is a corp of Engineer park and is very close to the meet up location. It is located on the island that has the nlo k marked RB on the map and is juzt off of rt. 13.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called Mill creek campgrounds. They charge 4 dollars to launch if you are not staying at campground but would be well worth it.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is the problem with "free" areas...no place to leave your tow rig and trailer. @Boat Crazy has a good suggestion...it is very close to that area. You can also launch at Port of Kimberling, but it will be the same price as Mill Creek and on the other side of the bridge.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you use Mill Creek there is a steep blacktop decline going into the campgrounds. I recommend you allow your brakes to cool off before putting in water.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CDENsomnia don't know if this helps but Jim labeled, the swings. we stayed at Rockwood condos on (Indian point) and drove to the swings. It was a 45 minute boat ride one way.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Circle 1 is a free site that is located at the end of "DD" in a community known as Rice Camp. They have a nice launch ramp, and a place to park...if it's not full. DD is located just on the other side of Branson West and to the ramp it's about 7 to 8 miles down DD. Circle 2 is Mill Creek where @Boat Crazy recommended and the X is where we were thinking of rafting up. From circle 1 you are looking at about a 20 minute boat ride.

upload_2015-6-9_12-10-18.png

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Jim Robeson said Port Kimberling is not much further by boat. I have never put in there, however i have been there and it is a very nice long ramp.