• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider is that a H/L QUAD you are riding int he first pic?

--
Yep, @sstegh won that board thru wakemakers doing some submit your email thing. Very nice board, I rode around for a while on it ropeless. Even did a beer chug and the balance can trick in the same run. LOL

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Seadeck is installed! Just waiting for 1 piece to arrive. I was not 100% sure on the color, But now that its down I really like it.20170731_125450.jpg

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider forgot to mention that was a 9:30 am beer chug !! Lol beer it's wats for breakfast !!! Lol

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RiverRat I'm bummed out we missed you on the water Sunday !! Def need to get some kind of river trip planed !!

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Busch Light was a step up from the natty.....Cold as a mountain stream, smooth as its name.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody else forget to apply sunscreen? I feel like my forehead is shedding skin already.

Every person I saw at work yesterday made a comment about my "sunglasses mask". Lol

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody else forget to apply sunscreen? I feel like my forehead is shedding skin already.

Every person I saw at work yesterday made a comment about my "sunglasses mask". Lol
All the people at my work know if it's a nice weekend I'm out on my boat. They expect me to come in on Monday with raccoon eyes. As far as peeling we've been on our boat so much over the last 6 weeks I haven't had chance to peel yet

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My Irish skin always feels the burn. Lol. Goes with the territory I guess. Shedding skin like a snake started this morning.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I did really good about the sunscreen on vacation but forgot it for work. Pretty sure i burned today but i will tell people it was from vacation

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sooo bummed today. One week ago I was running around like a crazy man doing all the last minute crap I needed to do before Shelbyville. Like usual, it seems like #10 flashed by in a blink of an eye. Shelbyville is barely in the review mirror and I still have stuff left to unpack!
IMG_2982.JPG

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm told this is illegal in Illinois, is that true?
IMG_2151.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used to have purple neons under my car in high school. I may not have turned them on while driving though. Don't recall.

I've also seen a lot of motorcycles with lots of neon cruising around town at our local dealer's annual spring event. Nobody hassles them, but it's an informal parade/cruise night type of thing.

So... I guess I'm saying I don't know whether it's legal or not, but I know I've seen similar.

Does that help? Lol

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm told this is illegal in Illinois, is that true?
View attachment 61675
It is indeed illegal.
However, I think as long as they are not distractions then most cops won't bother but it is indeed illegal. I had the neons on a car when I lived in Illinois. The rule if I recall correctly was that orange/yellow and white ahead and red/orange behind. The neon bulb being visible is illegal so if it is UNDER the vehicle it is ok as long as it isn't bright enough to distract or overpower from running lights etc. So keep them dim and no problem. Get them bright and have say... a white hull.... then you're asking for trouble.