• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So quiet in cove 3 other than my own family and some fishermen. So different today!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Went to skeeters but realized i had some grilling to do for dinner!
20170730_193014.jpg

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope everybody made it home safe and sound. Can't wait to see all the photos. Unfortunately we did not take any pictures . I was too busy talking to everyone. The trip is never long enough.

Nickp98

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Well we had a great first trip to meet everyone. Thank you to everyone for planning and the hospitality. We hope to do it again next year! Other than a nasty trailer tire blowout on the way back it was an amesome trip!IMG_1959.JPG

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we had a great first trip to meet everyone. Thank you to everyone for planning and the hospitality. We hope to do it again next year! Other than a nasty trailer tire blowout on the way back it was an amesome trip!View attachment 61543
That sucks. The first blowout I have, I will get rid of all my tires and go with radials. I particularly don't like to see pictures like that

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hope everybody made it home safe and sound. Can't wait to see all the photos. Unfortunately we did not take any pictures . I was too busy talking to everyone. The trip is never long enough.
Not home yet!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We had an awesome trip! A special thanks goes out to everyone that went out of their way to welcome my family and I on our first jetboaters.net event, it was a little overwhelming at first. We really enjoyed meeting many of you, and hope in years to come we get to know your families better. And, I hope to meet the folks that we really didn't cross paths with (or was too chicken to introduce myself to) next time.

At Friday's event.
IMG_2738.JPG

After breakfast on Saturday at Lithia.
IMG_2746.JPG

Sunday, before the run up to Skeeter's
IMG_2747.JPG

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It was great to meet you and your family @BigAbe75 , We look forward to seeing you all next year!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
the guy in the booth behind us at Skeeter's was going on and on about all the yamahas in the slips. He asked the server if there was a Yamaha group there (she had no clue of course). He said he wanted to be in a boat club too, but didn't know how.

I suppose I should have talked to him, but I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or beliggerant. Lol

Loved seeing all the signs around town and the bags from the Shelbyville Chamber. Awesome reception!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another awesome gathering! This has definitely become one of my most favorite times of the year.
I want to give a huge shout out to @OperationROL, @007, @JCampbell, and all their wonderful wives, for all the work they put in to make this such a wonderful gathering. Thank you all so much for all you do. :winkingthumbsup"

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well we had a great first trip to meet everyone. Thank you to everyone for planning and the hospitality. We hope to do it again next year! Other than a nasty trailer tire blowout on the way back it was an amesome trip!
Been there, done that!photo-5.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Were you "parking lot grilling???
At the cottage! Got a little late. Except for the few that did a late night cruise! They stopped by my cottage and didn't go out until after 10!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We had an awesome trip! A special thanks goes out to everyone that went out of their way to welcome my family and I on our first jetboaters.net event, it was a little overwhelming at first. We really enjoyed meeting many of you, and hope in years to come we get to know your families better. And, I hope to meet the folks that we really didn't cross paths with (or was too chicken to introduce myself to) next time.

At Friday's event.
View attachment 61544

After breakfast on Saturday at Lithia.
View attachment 61545

Sunday, before the run up to Skeeter's
View attachment 61546
There are a lot of us so we can overwhelm quickly! And don't second guess introducing to anyone! I haven't found a bad one in the bunch!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
the guy in the booth behind us at Skeeter's was going on and on about all the yamahas in the slips. He asked the server if there was a Yamaha group there (she had no clue of course). He said he wanted to be in a boat club too, but didn't know how.

I suppose I should have talked to him, but I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or beliggerant. Lol

Loved seeing all the signs around town and the bags from the Shelbyville Chamber. Awesome reception!
Ha! We had another guy outside and i explained it a bit then he hot caught up with some others looking at @Julian boat so i think we have a winner! Lol
It has been said before but what makes a jet boat a good purchase is the features but what makes it a great purchase is the forums and the people!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just a couple of pics from an early surf session behind @RampRage boat.

IMG_17651.jpg

IMG_17721.jpg

IMG_17781.jpg

20170728_093918.jpg

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model