• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

ZIRB3L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That beach is nice, and the water over there is usually smoother than the rest of the lake.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's August 3, 2017 today. That sucks because it means the 10th Annual Friends & Family Gathering is behind us. What a blast we had! It was great seeing all the people we have met and grown relationships with because of our common boating interest and this great site jetboaters.net! In addition, this year we had a lot of new families attend and I had a blast getting to know them. I trust and hope all the new families felt right at home. There are so many highlights from this year and I am sure we will see all of them displayed in pictures over the next few weeks. I have already seen some pictures of folks jumping on the bull and videos of paddle board races! Hey, Matt........can we say Tootsite Roll! ;)

I want to thank our sponsors again. None of what we are able to do would be possible without them. All of our sponsors are so dedicated to us and this event. Will, @JetBoatPilot has always contributed in a big way to the event and continued that this year. Thanks Will and team. We certainly do appreciate it! Jeff and Nielsen's Enterprises have also supported this event for many years. Nielsen's, along with Yamaha Corporate stepped up in a big way to sponsor our Wednesday night Grill out and our Friday night Family Dinner. Thanks Nielsen's.....Thanks Mother Yamaha! WakeMakers, another longtime sponsor also stepped up and donated a custom ballast bag! Thanks Chad and WakeMakers! Additionally, we are so thankful to have Jerry @jcyamaharider and Mark @ar240owner as participants and sponsors. Gantlin Products not only sponsored our Saturday morning breakfast, but also gave away one of their Wake Wedges. Thanks guys! This was our third year holding the event at Spruce Street Studios. Thanks so much Renee @MutherTucker for your continued support! This year we had a few more sponsors that jumped in at the last minute, volunteering to provide sponsorship. B&R Marine provided a few awesome products including an really cool Wake surf board. Thanks B&R. Additionally, Willow Ridge Winery donated many bottles of their exclusive wines to our event. Thanks! Last, but not least.........thank you jetboaters.net for having such an awesome environment for all of us to connect. Without this site, the gathering would not be what it is today!

Thank you all that attended! Hope to see ya next year!!!!!!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
....btw, who won the custom bag from Wakemakers?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Reactions: 007

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3 years ago, when we first came to this event I had no idea what to expect. 3 years later, this is my favorite time of year. I look forward to the next event as soon as the current one is over. I have made some great friends over the last 3 years, and cant wait to grow those relationships and develope new ones.
Thank you everyone that is involved in putting this together. Without you im not sure it would come together.

Nickp98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
That sucks. The first blowout I have, I will get rid of all my tires and go with radials. I particularly don't like to see pictures like that
Matt. Just an FYI. I called the number to Carlisle tires from another thread on here about my blowout and Carlisle is sending me 5 new radials, paying for mounting and balancing, and reimbursing me for the cost on changing to the spare! Maybe those radials can come sooner and cheaper than you would have hoped.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Matt. Just an FYI. I called the number to Carlisle tires from another thread on here about my blowout and Carlisle is sending me 5 new radials, paying for mounting and balancing, and reimbursing me for the cost on changing to the spare! Maybe those radials can come sooner and cheaper than you would have hoped.
I don't want a blow out but I want radials now

Nickp98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
I don't want a blow out but I want radials now
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bouncy-shorelandr-trailer-carlisle-stands-behind-their-product.10916/

They are replacing tires even without blowouts. It seems after talking to them its a pretty big issue ... Most people have told them about the shaking fenders and they send out replacement tires. It was a very easy process. took maybe 30 mins of work total.

This is the first time this site has not made me spend more Money!!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bouncy-shorelandr-trailer-carlisle-stands-behind-their-product.10916/

They are replacing tires even without blowouts. It seems after talking to them its a pretty big issue ... Most people have told them about the shaking fenders and they send out replacement tires. It was a very easy process. took maybe 30 mins of work total.

This is the first time this site has not made me spend more Money!!
I would definitely give you more than one rating. If this is the case I'm glad to see that they are standing behind their product. When I had my first blowout on the mfi trailer the second timeout. Mfi basically said sorry not our problem

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was great meeting you @Nickp98
You have a beautiful family. Hopefully you all have caught up on your rest.
IMG_2221.JPG IMG_3866.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75
Another beautiful family that was a first time Shelbyville visitor. I hope you guys are making plans to come back.
IMG_1557.JPG IMG_2241.JPG