• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Love the Hula Girl brotha!! I want to remove all the warning stickers all over but im afraid to use goof off on the hull. Will I be ok?
Warning labels are a good thing and If I'm not mistaken are required by law (in some states). If you plan on getting a new boat any time soon, leave them on. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I used sticker remover/goof off and was no issue.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Warning labels are a good thing and If I'm not mistaken are required by law (in some states). If you plan on getting a new boat any time soon, leave them on. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Warning stickers are “liability waivers” for manufacturers, albeit some are recommended by USCG or required by EPA (in certain instances) - to be posted by the manufacturers.

As an owner you have zero obligation to keep any of them. I would keep the hull and engine identifiers, anything with actual info, also the NMMA capacity plate (not required but recommended).

Everything else including warnings related to your vagina health belongs on top of tool boxes in your garage. If you ask me!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Vagina sticker is a keeper

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Warning stickers are “liability waivers” for manufacturers, albeit some are recommended by USCG or required by EPA (in certain instances) - to be posted by the manufacturers.

As an owner you have zero obligation to keep any of them. I would keep the hull and engine identifiers, anything with actual info, also the NMMA capacity plate (not required but recommended).

Everything else including warnings related to your vagina health belongs on top of tool boxes in your garage. If you ask me!

I knew I saw this somewhere about warning labels; pertains to the max load and HP. Every state is different. Proceed with caution. I only remove them if they get in my way (of doing mods). If salvageable, I move to a different location.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was just talking about the stupid ass dont dive from this rail stickers all over the boat. Must be upwards of 10 of them.

With that being said, I gave her a bath from top to bottom today. Used blue dawn to get the wax off so i could apply rejex. She's cleaner than the day i picked her up from the dealer. And smoooooth as glass!!

Oh look, there's one of those dumbass stickers!!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I knew I saw this somewhere about warning labels; pertains to the max load and HP. Every state is different. Proceed with caution. I only remove them if they get in my way (of doing mods). If salvageable, I move to a different location.

View attachment 100536
Did you actually read the text of the FL statutes you posted?

(2) does NOT apply to resale, so it applies to the manufacturer/dealer only...
(3) capacity compliance determination can be made with or without the capacity plate...

Again, I would leave the NMMA capacity plate/sticker in place along with hull ID and engine EPA info. While not technically required by law, it is something easy for a LEO inspecting a vessel to use.

The rest is... awash as far as any regs. Let me know if I have it wrong.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just talking about the stupid ass dont dive from this rail stickers all over the boat. Must be upwards of 10 of them.

With that being said, I gave her a bath from top to bottom today. Used blue dawn to get the wax off so i could apply rejex. She's cleaner than the day i picked her up from the dealer. And smoooooth as glass!!

View attachment 100537
View attachment 100538

Oh look, there's one of those dumbass stickers!!
I know! I still keep finding more of those sucker stickers, years after purchase, lol. I think I counted 16+ so far. It's absurd.

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'll say it again, not all warning labels should be removed!!!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya it’s pretty comical how many of these warning labels are all over. Doubt anyone even reads them.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today, I looked at my cruising fuel consumption up close.
We usually run around mixing up cruising and water sports, today we went on a ~30 mile trip, straight up and down the river. We were packed with usual load of boards and such, bimini up, two adults, speed around 28-30 mph giving me some where between 10.5-12 GPH fuel burn at those speeds.

2.5 Average MPG, not bad at all!

My pumps are probably working close to optimal efficiency.
I must admit I'm a bit obsessed with maintenance. But I like the results, no cavitation when pulling/towing, and great range!

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got tired of the cup holders on the swim deck leaking into the rear compartments.....SO I plugged them......then they just stayed full of water all the time.....

So this weekend, I added a drain to the rear cleanout tray. Which has a drain overboard. I also sealed the crap out of the cupholder-hull interface. Hopefully this keeps the water OUT of my rear storage compartments.

Only did one side to test before I did the other side.

*edit* Forgot to add.......I took a ton of pics. If it works well, I'll do a write up with part numbers of what I used.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a crappy video of it working.......I suspect I'm going to have some drainage problems since there is a "low spot" in the tubing between the entry and exit. Not sure I can get around that much either. I didn't leave a lot of spare tubing in there.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got done giving her a waxing. Check out that shine! It’s like a mirror.

Attachments

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s not an upgrade to the boat but I finally finished her home. When I bought her I measured length and width. Buuuuut, I never measured height and she doesn’t fit into the garage. I didn’t spend this kinda money to let her sit outside so I had to build her a new home. 24’x30’ w/ a 9’ garage door.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After some incidents on our lake, we dicided this would be a good investment

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190722193446132_COVER.jpg