• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Until the battery is dead and you need to use it ;-).
Well in that case, hopefully the 12v adapter isn't missing, broke, or corroded! 🤪

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well in that case, hopefully the 12v adapter isn't missing, broke, or corroded! 🤪
Indeed! Or in the case that I had, hopefully the 12V cradle allows you to use the device while it's charging. Mine did not, and the second VHF handheld that we had on the boat was also dead but didn't have the appropriate charger onboard. We thought we were prepared, all we needed was fuel (had about 1/2 tank but had a few hours to go to make it up-lake) and no one was a the fuel dock. We finally got cell reception and were able to relay a call into channel 16 and ask for someone to come to the fuel dock (they left early because it was a "slow day") but the fuel dock guy had already started his evening and wouldn't return to the fuel dock so that we could leave.

I'm just bitter. Handheld VHF is great, I'll never not have VHF fixed mounted on a boat again because of my personal bad experience, but it's a great thing to be prepared!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just bitter. Handheld VHF is great, I'll never not have VHF fixed mounted on a boat again because of my personal bad experience, but it's a great thing to be prepared!
Same here. I already lost two 12v chargers for my handheld, lol, ouch. so I use it as a backup only, and bring it charged for longer trips.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same here. I already lost two 12v chargers for my handheld, lol, ouch. so I use it as a backup only, and bring it charged for longer trips.

12v charger will be around, also came with a pack that I can put AAA batteries in it as back up.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally replaced the original swim platform padding on my 2012 SX190 with SeaDek from JBP (I'd ordered it last year but hadn't had the time to put them on)

The old platform pad was falling apart, tons of dried up rubber "dust" came up as I ripped it up, you can see the black fuzz in one of the pictures. A little cleanup with Acetone, and those new pads went on without a problem. Debating whether to get the mats for the rest of the boat, my original carpeting is still in decent shape.

Attachments

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100hr service in my 19 AR190, at 114 hrs already.
Took about an hour to do spark plugs, oil change, and grease bearing. 5BB9F6B6-8983-4B05-BA06-5CCC0ABEECA6.jpeg88D2EE74-CBA0-42D3-89B4-7F06C6EF954C.jpeg607F93E8-0329-4FCC-8E71-F9770A7615E3.jpeg3DFC4447-4F2D-4C94-937E-2338612F840E.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After doing my oil change, and not having any experience with any other motor, I had no idea why everyone recommended the pads/towels/etc . This pic right here explains exactly why all that is needed, and I'm thankful it seems easier and cleaner (so far!) to do an oil change on my motors! This really proves that a picture is worth a thousand words LOL

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just use a hand full of towels held directly under the filter and usually don’t have any issues, I accidentally bumped the filter when I took it out this time spilling a little, but was no big deal to wipe up with another paper towel.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is it true that you are supposed to replace the impeller o ring at 100 hours also?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it true that you are supposed to replace the impeller o ring at 100 hours also?
Per service manual, yes. But I don’t know of anyone doing it on a regular basis, other then checking it if there is any suspicion of water intrusion.
When I swapped my cones (to l13) I reused the o-rings, too.

kind of like w/valve adjustments - I don’t recall anyone to do it as a PM item (forgot the interval, 300hrs?).

Wiremanmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 06 AR230 is starting too show its age. Spend more time fixing things than mods. In the last month had to replace rear light socket, replace shredded bolts that hold bimini top to fiberglass of boat, fix broken glove compartment handle, and still have to see why entire engine compartment lid is really loose. Good news is the MR1s are still running like new so can't complain too much

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced all the screws around both doors for the helm and port side storage. Machine screws and nylock nuts, since there's already 6-10 screws from the factory that simply fall out on each trip,while half of the rest simply spin in their holes.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put some rejex on the boat. I don’t know how detail guys “enjoy” waxing and cleaning vehicles. It’s so tireing.
1. Washed boat
2. Boat bling
3. Rejex on
4. Wipe off

Was just about dark when I finished so just got the one picture before it went completely down. Let’s hope this helps with the water slot because my boat stays covered in them all the time!

B32F0576-E9FD-477E-B34C-9C2FA0997C25.jpegE0888E87-671C-46A7-B1B6-4D908C1E5FE3.jpeg

wheaties82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I
Put some rejex on the boat. I don’t know how detail guys “enjoy” waxing and cleaning vehicles. It’s so tireing.
1. Washed boat
2. Boat bling
3. Rejex on
4. Wipe off

Was just about dark when I finished so just got the one picture before it went completely down. Let’s hope this helps with the water slot because my boat stays covered in them all the time!

View attachment 101618View attachment 101619
Just used Rejex for first time in my 242 (slate blue) and I am very impressed with it! After several hours on muddy lake in hot TX it wiped down super easy and still felt baby smooth freshly washed! Would definitely recommend!

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I

Just used Rejex for first time in my 242 (slate blue) and I am very impressed with it! After several hours on muddy lake in hot TX it wiped down super easy and still felt baby smooth freshly washed! Would definitely recommend!
That’s been my experience so far, boats been in the water three times and still looks clean.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a wired remote at the helm. Not super pleased with the position, but I'm not about to drill ANOTHER hole in the boat today.

IMG_20190804_140004.jpg