• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I put a wired remote at the helm. Not super pleased with the position, but I'm not about to drill ANOTHER hole in the boat today.

View attachment 101818
I placed mine there also along with 2 little switches to turn off the bow speakers. Above that placed the trim tab controls. Above that is the bracket for a Garmin 44cv. Good spot for everything.

Call me crazy, but I love drilling holes. :p

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed isn't really the right word for this, since it's vacuum suction magic from RAM Mount, but after a week of using this, I'm confident that I'm keeping it.

I have Navionics on my phone, but sometimes it's just too small. I have a tablet that I really don't use, and I decided to test it with Navionics. For the cost of the tablet and software, I have something that I thought would be far more out of my wallet, and I've already gotten several positive comments and discussions during our travels this week.

I went with the triple mount (gas mask!), but I'm confident a double would be just as good, and probably more flexible with mounting positions. I will likely pick up a double myself, and swap out the triple so that I can move the tablet to the right side. It's not blocking my view much, since I normally sit on the bolster, I'm wanting the move for night time boating and better night vision.

The tablet I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy TabA 10", IIRC. Got it in an Otterbox clone type case.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Installed isn't really the right word for this, since it's vacuum suction magic from RAM Mount, but after a week of using this, I'm confident that I'm keeping it.

I have Navionics on my phone, but sometimes it's just too small. I have a tablet that I really don't use, and I decided to test it with Navionics. For the cost of the tablet and software, I have something that I thought would be far more out of my wallet, and I've already gotten several positive comments and discussions during our travels this week.

I went with the triple mount (gas mask!), but I'm confident a double would be just as good, and probably more flexible with mounting positions. I will likely pick up a double myself, and swap out the triple so that I can move the tablet to the right side. It's not blocking my view much, since I normally sit on the bolster, I'm wanting the move for night time boating and better night vision.

The tablet I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy TabA 10", IIRC. Got it in an Otterbox clone type case.

View attachment 101880

View attachment 101882

View attachment 101883
That's a neat idea. Does it block your view?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a neat idea. Does it block your view?
Slightly, but only if I'm sitting with the bolster down. I almost always have it up, though, so I don't experience any issues with it blocking my view since I'm looking over the windshield.

I covered the boat for the trip home, I'll try to remember to take a pic from eye level next weekend, and with the tablet actually in the holder as well

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

View attachment 101880

View attachment 101882

View attachment 101883
That's sweet! I have a galaxy tab 10 that doesn't get used either, would be a good option. Do those things have built in GPS?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Slightly, but only if I'm sitting with the bolster down. I almost always have it up, though, so I don't experience any issues with it blocking my view since I'm looking over the windshield.

I covered the boat for the trip home, I'll try to remember to take a pic from eye level next weekend, and with the tablet actually in the holder as well
Same here. I like seeing everything. Otherwise I feel like I'm sitting on the floor AND it hurts my back. Sitting on the bolster allows my bent knees to act like shock absorbers.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's sweet! I have a galaxy tab 10 that doesn't get used either, would be a good option. Do those things have built in GPS?
Not sure on each model, but mine does. Here's an easy way to check - install Find My Device on the tablet. If the app is compatible, then you probably have GPS. Run the app to verify. If it's found, you definitely have GPS capabilities.

Here's a pic for anyone considering this - that's my service manual underneath the tablet, and the case is about 3/4" thick. Mebbe I'll try video too, so you can see how stable it is.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here. I like seeing everything. Otherwise I feel like I'm sitting on the floor AND it hurts my back. Sitting on the bolster allows my bent knees to act like shock absorbers.

The seat is the ONLY thing that I'm unhappy with on the boat. I feel the same way, like I'm on the floor. I haven't crossed the 30 hour mark, and I'm looking at replacing the seat with the adjustable pedestal mod soon.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The seat is the ONLY thing that I'm unhappy with on the boat. I feel the same way, like I'm on the floor. I haven't crossed the 30 hour mark, and I'm looking at replacing the seat with the adjustable pedestal mod soon.
Watching and waiting...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The RAM tabtite mounts are the best, I have the Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (no case) and the mount holds it perfectly. The ONLY issue I’ve had using a tablet for navigation is if it’s in direct sunlight on a hot day charging and the boat is stationary, after a while it overheats the tablet and it’ll stop charging. I’ve overcome this by turning the screen off while anchored and/or using my shirt as shade over the windshield.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The RAM tabtite mounts are the best, I have the Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (no case) and the mount holds it perfectly. The ONLY issue I’ve had using a tablet for navigation is if it’s in direct sunlight on a hot day charging and the boat is stationary, after a while it overheats the tablet and it’ll stop charging. I’ve overcome this by turning the screen off while anchored and/or using my shirt as shade over the windshield.
I've thought about that, but my "dash" area is quite covered by the bimini in most directions from where I'd put it.

greg cole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally installed a mirror, it is a Big Air mirror on a Monster MTK tower. I welded a large wing nut to the center fastener so with a quarter turn it can go from hiding under the bimini when not needed to a drop down usable position. It works well and is very steady.
IMG_5142.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I finally installed a mirror, it is a Big Air mirror on a Monster MTK tower. I welded a large wing nut to the center fastener so with a quarter turn it can go from hiding under the bimini when not needed to a drop down usable position. It works well and is very steady.
View attachment 102300
I have the same one. Like it a lot.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Installed my new bypass and bilge outlets from ADA racing. Went with silver to add a bit of flash:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Removed filter box and replaced with cold air intake. It’s amazing how much space the stock air filter takes up in the engine compartment.

1B893A14-C8AB-4CA3-9386-C8834EB9BCCE.jpeg

66AF933C-D5E2-4001-8590-0217253FF74F.jpeg

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tightened up the front right grab rail after pulling all the trim pieces and removing the hinged seat to get enough room to work... Forgot pics as my forearms were shredded by the fiberglass and I was just glad to have the bolts fixed where it wouldn’t be an issue in the future... I can definitely see the left side having to be done as they were not well tightened from assembly or have simply vibrated loose over time...

But hey no left over hardware at the end at least gave me some piece of mind for the injuries incurred...

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added Farm Tractor Supply duel wheel 2,000 lb trailer jack before the oem one collapsed. After 3/4 of a season I replaced the Shoreland'r tail lights with LEDS after they failed after third use, replaced the junk bow roller, replaced rear straps with boat buckles and now the jack stand. Just charge a few hundred more for the trailer rather then putting this junk on it from the get go.