• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Added Farm Tractor Supply duel wheel 2,000 lb trailer jack before the oem one collapsed. After 3/4 of a season I replaced the Shoreland'r tail lights with LEDS after they failed after third use, replaced the junk bow roller, replaced rear straps with boat buckles and now the jack stand. Just charge a few hundred more for the trailer rather then putting this junk on it from the get go.
I did the same. Literally had 2 burned out bulbs after first time in the water. So stupid. I guess when you buy 1million units back in 1995, you gotta use that old ass stock somehow. Thanks Shorelandr. /sarcasm.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These were all upgrades I did in the last 2 weeks.

*95F0F0D3-E349-4639-9A10-8726A7278246.jpegAF3A5376-4704-4762-8274-93379CE9618E.jpegFDE29599-8997-4CA7-9FFA-C2255357032A.jpeg93D726BD-77FB-4473-973B-E5FA99E521DE.jpeg49162574-732A-4AEB-A1DC-6FF307FA7F65.jpegEAA9C39E-830B-4084-A131-B69EBBDCB62A.jpeg
*Tints
*Rear view bimini top mirror
*VHF Radio and Antenna
*Steering wheel spinner
*US flag and adapter for Nav light
*Sea Deck trims
* Underwater and Inside full color spectrum lights.

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Installed a set of trim tabs...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

SColby7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wash/wax, inside and out. Got right down into every nook and cranny the best we could. Steam clean the carpets. Boats looking like new again. Well as new as a 6 yr old boat can look. Now we just need to try and find one more day/weekend before things get really crazy with school and travel sports

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow, pretty spectacular range of motion! Just don't stuff the bow.
I bet those are not the "short" actuators.

--
No those are the standard length ones. I wanted as much range as possible, my “first mate” recently had to have back surgery so we need the ride as cushy as possible.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Noodle inside table mount hack. Still wobbled a bit

IMG_20190818_142255.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally added a "suicide knob", now I only wish I did it sooner!

@4x15mph I was thinking you may like it with your new rack and pinion steering.

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally added a "suicide knob", now I only wish I did it sooner!
View attachment 103238

@4x15mph I was thinking you may like it with your new rack and pinion steering.

--
I always mounted mine with the knob on the inside of the wheel so it was out of the way when using the steering wheel the "regular" way. Never had a problem with others using it like that.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always mounted mine with the knob on the inside of the wheel so it was out of the way when using the steering wheel the "regular" way. Never had a problem with others using it like that.
Yeah, I may switch it.
I tried it both ways, and find that with the knob on the outside I can clasp/"hold" the wheel even standing backwards, sometimes I like to do that when we surf. Either way - it is a surprisingly fun little add-on!

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use one often in the semi I drive for work, which is how I found out about putting it inside the wheel. Others who don't want to use it would ask me to take it off, which was a PITA, but inside, I never got any more complaints.

I think the more you use it, the more you'll be wondering why you didn't add it sooner 😀

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yeah, I may switch it.
I tried it both ways, and find that with the knob on the outside I can clasp/"hold" the wheel even standing backwards, sometimes I like to do that when we surf. Either way - it is a surprisingly fun little add-on!

--
I remember seeing these on my grandfather's car. I believe the steering gears were so high and took several revolution to turn (days before power steering was introduced). How do they help with our steering? Please enlighten me...(hate missing out on a good thing)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski, that is probably a good upgrade for me - do you have a link?
There are many choices, this one is a sure thing, works great, can be installed in or out, I have mine without the rubber insert, it holds super tight.

It really makes you wonder “why did I not have it before...?”

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember seeing these on my grandfather's car. I believe the steering gears were so high and took several revolution to turn (days before power steering was introduced). How do they help with our steering? Please enlighten me...(hate missing out on a good thing)
I got it primarily for situations where I am standing sideways or backwards, for example when we wake surf I like to have more “presence” that way In case something coming loose in the ballast etc.
But it just gives you super smooth one hand operation with the knob, the other hand on the throttles, it’s sweet.

Last edited:

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So I have “upgraded” my navigation with a tablet installed with a Ram mount. After a few lake trials I discovered that I need full brightness to overcome glare which reduces battery life. So the next project will be installing USB ports starboard. I placed a compass as well on dash. When I have USB installed I will have the compass light wired as well. I will have pics when done. The USB is arriving from amazon Friday. 8/28.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There are many choices, this one is a sure thing, works great, can be installed in or out, I have mine without the rubber insert, it holds super tight.

It really makes you wonder “why did I not have it before...?”

Guess us FSH guys are spoiled, King Yammy blessed us with those from the factory...

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Dixie Highway - can you share the install tips and details on what/where you purchased? Are these electric actuated? Have you tried them out yet?
Have not had them out yet, mother nature turned me away yesterday. It is a standard 12x12 kit from Lectrotab. I chose the SLC-11 controller, though many of the guys here like the MLC-1 version (same price). The SLC gives you complete manual control over either tab, and still has the auto retract etc...I went with the standard length actuators as my plan was to modify the tabs slightly and I wanted the max "throw" I could get. I'm not sure if I made the right choice yet, but they do deploy probably 60 degrees which from what I read is WAY more than I'll need, but to me with the smaller surface area I thought the extra angle couldn't hurt. I'll update all when I get out on them and see what they can do!