• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Today... I just looked at my boat and a little tear came out of me left eye. I wiped it off and jumped on my four wheeler for a three hour ride. So I got over it.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yesterday I put a zipper in my shrink wrap. I also started working on pulling off my old fins and putting on my new ones. Sadly an allen bolt on my old fins was over torqued and pulling it mucked up the threads in my jet nozzle (deflector) so I placed an order for a replacement one. So Wednesday, or whenever it comes in, my wife will snag that for me (because I have a crazy travel schedule next week like usual), and hopefully I can get my fins installed on both engines :).

I also mounted my VHF radio, under the dash as I couldn't convince myself to deal with flush mounting it in an awkward location. Once I pull the wrap off the boat I will put the antenna on and finish that install. I'm going to need some good grommets, Home Depot has none, Lowes stock sucks... going to have to take a gamble and order some online I think.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I removed ALL of those ugly warning stickers from the boat with the exception of the required CO2 sticker by my state and the Coast Guard capacity info.

Swim deck looks much better now.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cut some more holes in my boat today.. did not get finished with everything, as the weather turned cold.. and some asshole decided to slash my cover with the boat sitting in front of my house...

Added a switch for my additional bilge pump

Cut a hole out for a new VHF radio

and added a ram mount for my new Elite 5 HDI GPS

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great @kthrash

Where are you mounting your VHF antenna? What antenna did you get?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great @kthrash

Where are you mounting your VHF antenna? What antenna did you get?
I ordered a BulletLines 2 3/8" speaker mount that I am going to mount to the tower right above the fold point on the starboard side.. I am then going to mount this antenna that I got..

Pacific Aeriel 3' SEAMASTER PRO 6DB 3' VHF ANTENNA

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OBCQ5I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with this mount that I am taking apart to mount to the speaker mount..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OBCMCU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to keep the height of the top of the antenna low enough to go under a bridge on the lake I use.. but by using the speaker mount I should be able to move it up/down depending on how high I want it for whereever I am boating..

I bought the Lowrance Link 5 VHF and the Lowrance Elite 5 so I could tie the NEMA GPS together.

Last edited:

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I, like the last several months, just thought about mine and looked at things on the internet that I want to buy for it :( On the camera hunt right now. It's not a priority but gaining spots towards the top of my list. I love watching videos and I want to have something to remember our summers with the kids before they are grown!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a couple of GoPro's and a couple of Flip Cameras we use..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I scanned and sent in a copy of the title of the boat I'm buying into USAA. :D

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I installed the thru hull transducer for the Garmin echo map 70S touchscreen!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oohhhh, drilling a hole right through the bottom of the boat, now that's brave, I'd shat myself :confused:;)
Believe me, drilling holes in your boat is a membership requirement around here! All I have to say is Life Caulk baby!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Filled it with Gas ready for tomorrow, I'm off cruising the Islands.

IMG_2580.JPG

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finished the other side.....
20150218_130325.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@redthumper9 , how much of a bezel, if any, was required between the surface and the speaker to accommodate the depth? And how much interference is the speaker to the glove box? My guess is it won't stay open. But a small price to pay. I am installing my transom speakers today.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
txav8r......originally I planned to have both sides father forward. I wanted the passenger side located just under the grab handle and the driver side would be bascally just in front of the throttles. After measuring and examining closer, the center cleats are directly behind both of these locations. I was worried about depth since the nuts and bolts on them are huge. I dug up a picture on the other site of someone who had them done in my current locations. The passenger side has no bolster......but it's a pretty close fit. When I cut the hole I thought to myself it was not going to be deep enough but it was. It has minimal effect on the glove box (but it will not stay open) because, as you can see, it's about and inch and a half above it. The driver side obviously has a bolster. It's a 3/4 and 1/2 piece of birch sandwiched together and shaped to match the contour of the combing pocket. I obviously coated it in resin and painted it. There is only about an inch and a 1/4 behind the pocket so keep this in mind when cutting the hole. (Watch your blade depth) The bolster give you just enough depth.
20150205_142614.jpg 20150218_130325.jpg

Last edited: