• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally had HALF a day without rain to install the seadek, and it absolutely transformed the swim deck. Acetone and a plastic putty knife worked pretty well.

6976D1EA-ED87-447E-BAA9-DCF545788290.jpeg

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Installed the new 3.5" RP-446 semi-v custom bow roller I ordered from Drewcraft. Fits perfect and rolls freely. I also adjusted the winch bracket higher, now the strap pulls straight not down, and there is more surface area for the roller. Before adjusting, only half the roller was making solid contact and the bow eye was above the roller not level or below it. Now I need to find an upgraded winch. Looks like I have to replace the winch and mounting tower as one assembly.

Attachments

Skozzy1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Added the Cobra Jet Super Ultimate AK 19 today! And the Wheels I did a couple weeks back. And my cover finally showed up last week!

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Changed the oil
Installed a new vhf
Mounted the antenna mount only. Antenna arrived in 2 pieces, replacement on its way
Matching bilge outlets
Fixed 4 new gas cans

I couldn't mean this more, I hate drilling holes in my boat!

552D40C4-F4DE-4EFC-BF12-CBDD0B3591A4.jpegB26FED3A-259A-4ABE-B831-E8D655F4FD5B.jpegFC3E9AF9-958C-4F93-9AC2-5528DF43763B.jpeg98A27EF3-814B-496F-AA03-86004E99DC49.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Changed the oil
Installed a new vhf
Mounted the antenna mount only. Antenna arrived in 2 pieces, replacement on its way
Matching bilge outlets
Fixed 4 new gas cans

I couldn't mean this more, I hate drilling holes in my boat!

View attachment 151000View attachment 151001View attachment 151002View attachment 151003
Which spouts? I bought ones on amazon like those that have a rubber washer and both the washer and bottom of the neck broke quick. Came in a 4 pack have 1 set left. I do a lot with power equipment and i still have and love my oldest can. I shoulda kept the old military metal cans we used to have.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Which spouts? I bought ones on amazon like those that have a rubber washer and both the washer and bottom of the neck broke quick. Came in a 4 pack have 1 set left. I do a lot with power equipment and i still have and love my oldest can. I shoulda kept the old military metal cans we used to have.
I bought the Original EZ-Pour spouts off eBay, cost as much as the can. They fit the midwest cans very well. Haven't used them yet but I hope they last.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Afternoon project: Complete oil change.

Ordered a 12v oil extractor from Amazon and is all I can say is it’s well worth the $$. No more pumping the old tank style extractor until your arm falls off. Just hook up the hoses, attach the supplied gator clips to the battery, flip a switch and watch it pump into a container of your choice. I used an old 5qt oil jug. Got all I could from the top and drained the rest into a small pan from the rear drain plug & used the pump to suck that up as well. Dripped maybe 1Tbs throughout the whole process.
While I had the hose going I tested both bilge pumps again, let them cycle a few times and they both push water good.
View attachment 148054View attachment 148055
I bought the same looking pump from Amazon, pumped about 3/4 of one engine and then wouldn't pump anymore. How did yours do?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yesterday I decided to change out the HyrdoTurf on the anchor and bow area and a few pieces up front to SeaDeck. It was 88 degrees yesterday, so I decided to get at it early and knock it out.
Yeah ok. Knock it out my ass. It SUCKED so bad! I had completely underestimated how much of a PITA this was going to be.
I still have a few more sections to do at the stern, but I’ve lost my desire for now.
694B44A3-C1AE-4191-A86E-64F424BCDDBD.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yesterday I decided to change out the HyrdoTurf on the anchor and bow area and a few pieces up front to SeaDeck. It was 88 degrees yesterday, so I decided to get at it early and knock it out.
Yeah ok. Knock it out my ass. It SUCKED so bad! I had completely underestimated how much of a PITA this was going to be.
I still have a few more sections to do at the stern, but I’ve lost my desire for now.
View attachment 151311
Bottoms up!

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spent the day detailing the boat, wifey did the interior, and I did the exterior. Wash/Compound/Sealant. Nothing better than a clean black vehicle, too bad it’ll be dirty in no time!

View attachment 151264
Looks nice, now if we got some rain to clear the pollen out of the air.....