• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lucky me I guess. I just filled them in and went on my way. As far as I can see every single single snap on the 195s are covered with the sea dek
I only had 2 visible so the unseen ones got 5200

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I installed the new Seadek. My god that was a TON of work.

Sanding all of the holes with multiple different grits of sandpaper and then polishing took HOURS. And in reality all but 3 holes got covered with the Seadek (Son of a mother 🤬). Every muscle in my body hurts. Especially my knees from kneeling on the hard fiberglass. 😢 I’m super happy with the results. I mainly did it because the rear of my boat is so much easier to wipe down with the existing Seadek. Now the inside will be just as easy.

View attachment 164990View attachment 164991
Nice work. Looks awesome. If I did mine, I might leave the snaps in so I could go back to Marine Mat if I wanted. I tried to purchase some extra pieces from JBP, but they couldn't match it. Turns out I have Marine Mat.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Treated my fuel tank for storage and blocked my trailer. After several attempts, I opted to use 4 screw jacks on the axles next to the U-bolts. Should be good. Left the Flintstone tires on.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice work. Looks awesome. If I did mine, I might leave the snaps in so I could go back to Marine Mat if I wanted. I tried to purchase some extra pieces from JBP, but they couldn't match it. Turns out I have Marine Mat.
Marine mat has snap in and stick down, just fyi

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Window tint 252se 35%
Looks awesome. Somebody on here (I forgot) has 50% and it looks awesome as well. I may do mine in the off season and hopefully prices will be lower. They put it on the inside, yes?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looks awesome. Somebody on here (I forgot) has 50% and it looks awesome as well. I may do mine in the off season and hopefully prices will be lower. They put it on the inside, yes?
Well I mean do you any tint place that puts it on the outside! Sorry I've had a few drinks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not a tint shop around here @Crob83 but there was a younger member here or the other site that installed on wraps on cars and boats for living and he installed tint on the exterior of his boat’s windows, it looked great, I don’t know how long it lasted but it looked great and cost him almost nothing.

The hard part about to tinting boat windows, especially the windshields on Yamaha’s is getting a single piece of tint installed without wrinkles on the large curved surfaces. This is a lot easier if the tint is installed on the exterior of the window, easier still because of the angle the the windows when installed (I.e., you can use them as a work surface / lay the tint on the window instead of hang tint from the windows).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not a tint shop around here @Crob83 but there was a younger member here or the other site that installed on wraps on cars and boats for living and he installed tint on the exterior of his boat’s windows, it looked great, I don’t know how long it lasted but it looked great and cost him almost nothing.

The hard part about to tinting boat windows, especially the windshields on Yamaha’s is getting a single piece of tint installed without wrinkles on the large curved surfaces. This is a lot easier if the tint is installed on the exterior of the window, easier still because of the angle the the windows when installed (I.e., you can use them as a work surface / lay the tint on the window instead of hang tint from the windows).
My tint guys said it was no problem with curve. They have have had much more difficult cars. I would not tint the outside, especially if you ever boat in salt.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Well I mean do you any tint place that puts it on the outside! Sorry I've had a few drinks
I don't know squat about tinting, hence the question.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$200, I’d bet not in the SF bay area or not any good.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday I changed the oil & filter in both engines, blew the water out. Removed anything that didn’t need to be in the boat. Today I turned the engines on, gave it throttle a few times to get anymore water out, and then fogged the engines; obviously did this one at a time. Pulled the batteries. Sprayed a ton of silicone lubricant on a lot of stuff. Placed a bunch of dryer sheets all over. Hope my wife will be as confident as I am without running antifreeze, I may have told her I couldn’t find any biodegradable antifreeze anywhere either though…. Now the wait for our storage place to come open November 1st.

I have decided I need to move further south, we miss being on the boat already.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yesterday I changed the oil & filter in both engines, blew the water out. Removed anything that didn’t need to be in the boat. Today I turned the engines on, gave it throttle a few times to get anymore water out, and then fogged the engines; obviously did this one at a time. Pulled the batteries. Sprayed a ton of silicone lubricant on a lot of stuff. Placed a bunch of dryer sheets all over. Hope my wife will be as confident as I am without running antifreeze, I may have told her I couldn’t find any biodegradable antifreeze anywhere either though…. Now the wait for our storage place to come open November 1st.

I have decided I need to move further south, we miss being on the boat already.
Dryer sheets?