• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The prop has no nicks or anything, but there is some rust on the blades. What should I use to clean off the rust?
IMG_0653.jpgIMG_0654.jpg

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The prop has no nicks or anything, but there is some rust on the blades. What should I use to clean off the rust?
You'll likely get a billion answers to that question, but if it were me, I'd start with fine Scotchbrite first, with even motion/passes.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is just stainless steel bleeding take a small hand held stainless steel brush and it will disappear quickly.

mpecoraro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Last season I had the dealer do the 10 (ish) hour maintenance and winterization. New boat and the timing worked out. This year I'm doing all the maintenance myself. First time oil change and I extracted nearly a full 4 qts. I probably should not be this excited. :cool: However, between the winterization and changing the plugs in the Spring, I'll save enough cash for nearly two full tanks of gas!

IMG_4900.jpg

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is just stainless steel bleeding take a small hand held stainless steel brush and it will disappear quickly.
I only used some vinegar and a toothbrush for most of the parts. I scrubbed the shaft with a non-scratch kitchen sponge.

Will the stainless steel brush damage the anodization?

I used this brush for the end of the prop. It looks like it took out most of the rust without any damage to the coating.
IMG_0675.jpgIMG_0676.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would only use it on bare stainless steel

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that prop supposed to be bare stainless? It looks like it’s coated with something. The prop shaft doesn’t have the same coating

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Clipped my gate moving the boat to rearrange some things. Not even a lake trip!

Luckily the $800 cover seems to have taken the worst of it. Gate needs a little touch up too after just being painted a month ago.

C9B443BE-6528-427B-A854-C4C19AEC93A7.jpegAFC9660A-23DB-42C0-9117-17F7FAE22B39.jpeg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I fixed my side windshield...

20211121_092924.jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I balanced this grill that I got for Christmas on my table leg. I had some kind of plan but started drinking beer & it’s still just balancing there.

I’m going to try to shortcut this whole mount thing and try what the guy in the link below did with a reasonably cheap rod holder. We’ll see how it works. I never noticed how this factory table leg has a goofy taper at the end.

34799FD4-D33E-4CD6-A714-2ED2C9C58621.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I installed my 2.0 Lateral Thrusters, and updated the current Thrust Vectors. Easy install. Can't wait to try them out. I also installed the access port riser (not pictured) Not happy with the way it bolts down. The nuts are tight, but the screws still spin. If I tighten them anymore they'll snap. Not sure why this is happening. I already sealed it, so after it cures, I'm changing the hardware out one at a time.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed my 2.0 Lateral Thrusters, and updated the current Thrust Vectors. Easy install. Can't wait to try them out. I also installed the access port riser (not pictured) Not happy with the way it bolts down. The nuts are tight, but the screws still spin. If I tighten them anymore they'll snap. Not sure why this is happening. I already sealed it, so after it cures, I'm changing the hardware out one at a time.
Robbie, if there's no star washer, there's really nothing for the bolts/nuts to grab onto, so that's just going to be the issue with the fasteners. Even if you added a star washer, there's a chance that you'd start to abrade the fiberglass when tightening them down.

I DIY'd my own, so I just drilled out the holes to the next larger size, bought the appropriate screws, and went that route. If one of the screws eventually strips out, I'll go with a nut/bolt combo. You MIGHT be able to just add a flat washer and suck it tight, but you'll never be able to get it to grab to the deck enough to guarantee that it won't spin.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was involved in updating your Thrust Vecotrs? Did you swap your older version with the newer version, or what exactly was updated?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
finished up the exhaust system on my repower and started sorting through the electrical rats nest...

Attachments

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I balanced this grill that I got for Christmas on my table leg. I had some kind of plan but started drinking beer & it’s still just balancing there.

I’m going to try to shortcut this whole mount thing and try what the guy in the link below did with a reasonably cheap rod holder. We’ll see how it works. I never noticed how this factory table leg has a goofy taper at the end.

View attachment 168829
I like it... Im thinking about moving my home brew magma mount from the wake tower to the stern... and that pesky beer always gets in the way of progress

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like it... Im thinking about moving my home brew magma mount from the wake tower to the stern... and that pesky beer always gets in the way of progress
I ended up just buying the magma locking mount and now trying to glue some rubber to it to make it fit the table leg. It’s expensive but it’s a beefier and better designed piece than I could tell from pictures online.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Robbie, if there's no star washer, there's really nothing for the bolts/nuts to grab onto, so that's just going to be the issue with the fasteners. Even if you added a star washer, there's a chance that you'd start to abrade the fiberglass when tightening them down.

I DIY'd my own, so I just drilled out the holes to the next larger size, bought the appropriate screws, and went that route. If one of the screws eventually strips out, I'll go with a nut/bolt combo. You MIGHT be able to just add a flat washer and suck it tight, but you'll never be able to get it to grab to the deck enough to guarantee that it won't spin.
That's what I figured. I'm going to change the screws from allens to phillips, and add flat washers on the bottom. After I thought about it, there is no way for them to cinch. As long as I have a good seal it's all good. I'm OCD to a fault. Thank you

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What was involved in updating your Thrust Vecotrs? Did you swap your older version with the newer version, or what exactly was updated?
When you order the 2.0 Lateral Thrusters, you get new designed fins so that all 4 have the new cutouts. I'm thinking about adding an additional tie rod now since there is clearance. I hope I like the thrusters, I drilled my FN nozzles. Thoughts on the additional tie rod? Should take the strain off the starboard cable.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you order the 2.0 Lateral Thrusters, you get new designed fins so that all 4 have the new cutouts. I'm thinking about adding an additional tie rod now since there is clearance. I hope I like the thrusters, I drilled my FN nozzles. Thoughts on the additional tie rod? Should take the strain off the starboard cable.
I can see the usefulness of the extra tie rod. I'll be interested in your experience with the lateral thrusters. I don't have much need for them with my typical boating, except for one bar. Current is coming around a corner, and it's one of the faster-moving spots on the river. Thankfully, they offer shite service and are overpriced, so we rarely stop in.