• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No they are the 10 oz ones. I also have a case of the white 10z ones as well. It didn't go well for me when she saw the amazon charges. Yeah, so I got $500 or so 5200. It will probably go bad before I need all of it. Although I used alot of it already. I Think 5 tubes of the black and 6 of the white. Black on tabs and thru hull, affixing starboard, securing the G10 in the bow for the trolling motor. I have a lot there, the plate was pretty big and I wanted contact all the way across. I also used it on the edges of keel guard. The case of white was a mistake, the black was intentional. I used it for a few other things too around the house that needed to be secured permanantly, and be waterproof, etc.

Also I have helped 10 boat owners, some from the forum, to do things on their boats and install things so I use it then as well.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No they are the 10 oz ones. I also have a case of the white 10z ones as well. It didn't go well for me when she saw the amazon charges. Yeah, so I got $500 or so 5200. It will probably go bad before I need all of it. Although I used alot of it already. I Think 5 tubes of the black and 6 of the white. Black on tabs and thru hull, affixing starboard, securing the G10 in the bow for the trolling motor. I have a lot there, the plate was pretty big and I wanted contact all the way across. I also used it on the edges of keel guard. The case of white was a mistake, the black was intentional. I used it for a few other things too around the house that needed to be secured permanantly, and be waterproof, etc.

Also I have helped 10 boat owners, some from the forum, to do things on their boats and install things so I use it then as well.
I'll buy some 5200 from you if you want. White. How ever much you think I'll need. That stuff is a bitch to apply, and is extremely messy. Plus you have to toss whatever you have left over. My experience is use it or lose it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'll buy some 5200 from you if you want. White. How ever much you think I'll need. That stuff is a bitch to apply, and is extremely messy. Plus you have to toss whatever you have left over. My experience is use it or lose it.
I was also thinking about doing the Keel guard. Let me know if you want to get rid of it. I'd rather pay you than West Marine.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was also thinking about doing the Keel guard. Let me know if you want to get rid of it. I'd rather pay you than West Marine.
I will take stock this weekend and verify what I got left, and IM you.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pull the tube from the caulk gun and seal it up in a zip lock bag. Get out as much air as possible, then put it in the freezer.

You have to wait for it to thaw out when you need it next time, but there's a great chance that you get at least a second use of the stuff. I always got 2 uses, and twice, I got a third use out of a tube. This was the squeeze tube format, but I would bet you can repeat it with the caulk tubes

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This past Saturday, we ordered a "younger brother" for our boat :thumbsup:

Attachments

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ditched the Lead acid battery's and 20 years of old battery cables,,, installed LiFePO4 start and house batteries...

attachment - 2022-02-26T222712.177.jpgattachment - 2022-02-26T222728.636.jpg

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Back with more boat stuff!
Added the name. Wayward Son
Drilled four holes for some Phender Pros
This one we made an ope
It went into the head compartment
Got to take the boat out after installing the fender pros. It was a beautiful day in OHIO

Installed the new trailer jack. We had to move the boat slightly to move the bow stop first.
Installed the new bow roller.

Little things like an EchoSmile cooler
Cupholder phone mount and of course the American flag
Finally finished up the day with a beautiful sunset.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks awesome, is that a phone charger as well as a holder?

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Looks awesome, is that a phone charger as well as a holder?
Unfortunately no. The device that we would like to put there won't be compatible with wireless charging. We plan to put an iPod or something that has apple music so if some one wants to play a song they can just queue it with out having to handle the 1,000 dollar iPhone.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
installed an new 70 Gallon ski locker tank... for my MR-1 Conversion...

attachment - 2022-03-06T132848.807.jpgattachment - 2022-03-06T133035.625.jpgattachment - 2022-03-06T133044.393.jpgattachment - 2022-03-06T115205.900.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That tank should get your boat to plane a lot quicker when full

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That tank should get your boat to plane a lot quicker when full
Yep I moved the CG a little forward with full fuel... and I have a big 12x14 trim tab on the center line.. that helps to.. :) I cant wait to see what 50 more HP does...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep I moved the CG a little forward with full fuel... and I have a big 12x14 trim tab on the center line.. that helps to.. :) I cant wait to see what 50 more HP does...
Nice, I don't know what effect the newer engines will have on the COG, but the full tank will push it forward. One thing to consider with that is how the deck will drain during a rainstorm out on the water. I had issues with my 07 AR230 draining water to the scupper. As the stock boat sat in the water, no one aboard, all water would drain forward to the bow where it accumulated until it built up enough to reach the forward edge of the ski locker where it would leak past the seal into the locker and then into the bilge. I had to add weight to the swim platform to get the boat to drain correctly. https://jetboaters.net/threads/rain-water-pools-at-front-of-bow-floor-while-on-the-water.14264/
I know it's a different boat m/y, just throwing it out there for consideration.

Edit: Might just be a 23' thing.

Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice, I don't know what effect the newer engines will have on the COG, but the full tank will push it forward. One thing to consider with that is how the deck will drain during a rainstorm out on the water. I had issues with my 07 AR230 draining water to the scupper. As the stock boat sat in the water, no one aboard, all water would drain forward to the bow where it accumulated until it built up enough to reach the forward edge of the ski locker where it would leak past the seal into the locker and then into the bilge. I had to add weight to the swim platform to get the boat to drain correctly. https://jetboaters.net/threads/rain-water-pools-at-front-of-bow-floor-while-on-the-water.14264/
I know it's a different boat m/y, just throwing it out there for consideration.
Interesting, I haven't had that problem, the boat drains fine... I have had issues with the deck drain scupper getting leaves or a stick in it that allows it to take on a little water when anchored. it clears out quickly under motion. I just added a check to my rinse down/maintenance routines.... theoretically with a the gyrations the CG moves forward about a foot... I do have a drainage issue in the old fuel tank compartment... It always collected water a little water and there is no drain... I plan on adding a bilge pump to that area.. I have an extra Rule automatic from the donor FX Cruiser HO ski... Im just gonna plug it in to the jetski wire harness. :cool:

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spent most of my weekend working on the boat!

1) Installed my new ridesteady gps and took it for a test drive with my 12 year old son. The throttle sync is such an improvement already.

2) While we were out, got him his first few reps approaching the dock and docking maneuvers. The kid is a natural, has a good feel for it already. I want him comfortable with basic maneuvers so he can be at the helm for loading and unloading since I’m going to stop power loading Because:

3) finally brought myself to look closely at & clean up the bow stop area where I put an ugly scratch last fall. The combination of power loading and frankly the stoltz roller being pretty thin let the flange of the roller mount contact the hull. Based on that, I’m done power loading and unloading. Started a ramp new routine.

1646659812147.jpeg

4) cleaned boat top to bottom. Dawn, acetone, all purpose cleaner. Waxed the hull, 303 on the vinyl, vaccumed all the storage areas. A clean and shiny boat is so satisfying
1646661810802.jpeg

5) adjusted my reverse buckets to stop the forward creep in neutral

6) greased trailer hubs, cleaned and regreased trailer ball

7) reorganized all my gear