• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love this. Most aren't even aware that you should even grease the ball/coupler. I grease mine a few times a season.
I'm guessing when the hitch is removed, lots of folks don't want to deal with the grease wherever they stow the hitch, so if it gets done in the first place, that's the last time it'll ever get done! 😄

I've got a little mini grease gun and just regrease it whenever I put it back on, then I wipe it off when I remove it. It sounds like a hassle, but it's light years better than trying to train my wife to simply be careful dealing with the hitch.

Me: I'm the bad guy because you can't remember the hitch has grease on it and you forget this?
Her: Yes. Yes you are.

🤷‍♂️

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm guessing when the hitch is removed, lots of folks don't want to deal with the grease wherever they stow the hitch, so if it gets done in the first place, that's the last time it'll ever get done! 😄

I've got a little mini grease gun and just regrease it whenever I put it back on, then I wipe it off when I remove it. It sounds like a hassle, but it's light years better than trying to train my wife to simply be careful dealing with the hitch.

Me: I'm the bad guy because you can't remember the hitch has grease on it and you forget this?

🤷‍♂️
I rarely tow. But I had no idea that I needed to grease the hitch ball. Good to know. Thanks lads.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I rarely tow. But I had no idea that I needed to grease the hitch ball. Good to know. Thanks lads.
Yeah...I didn't grease my first one, and all the chrome peeled off. Now I have a SS one.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

🤷‍♂️
I use one of these to address that exact situation:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have always sprayed mine with WD 40 and or something similar to Yamalube, but didn't prevent the chrome from being worn off my new Weigh Safe hitch. will have to try @RobbieO 's suggestion.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My amp rack has been through quite a few iterations/configurations over the years, and frankly my wiring had turned into a bit of a mess. I took the opportunity to take everything out, clean up the wiring, and run a new 1/0 power and ground pair. Stupidly, didn't take a before picture, but it was rough.

6CCB121C-07ED-485A-B233-AA4228D5C2AA.jpeg

089DAED9-D39E-4C98-8CD0-07629AE6306D.jpeg

6EE62727-CEDA-492D-8BF3-2CFE785754E1.jpeg

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wow that is clean! Also man did they get lazy finishing the glass as years went on.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My amp rack has been through quite a few iterations/configurations over the years, and frankly my wiring had turned into a bit of a mess. I took the opportunity to take everything out, clean up the wiring, and run a new 1/0 power and ground pair. Stupidly, didn't take a before picture, but it was rough.

View attachment 173673

View attachment 173674

View attachment 173675
Wow, that is super clean, and awesome.

I'm humbled, lol. Myself - making slow (but steady) progress this spring, cleaning up my bird's nest behind the helm - a result of years of adding mods and electronics, ballast pumps, etc. etc.

My goal is nowhere near as lofty as what I see in your pics! Just want things to be routed and tight. Installed all new distribution blocks and went through over hundred zip ties so far to channel loose wiring into conduits, things are starting to clear up, and I'm starting to feel much better. Few more nights stuck in that awful hole behind the helm and I'll be good to go!

BTW - I took the helm hatch door out with the jab, since I'm replacing it due to cracks and cosmetic issues I can not stand, it gave me a chance to actually somewhat fit in to work behind the helm, lol.

Current situation:
1648311585935.png

Here is the mess I've been working to replace and clean up... (I'm almost there!)
1648311638893.png

Finally cleaned up the battery compartment, too, new batteries from costco - a 24DC and a 24 starting, with 36 months warranty, my previous interstates lasted almost six years.
1648311134406.png

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sticking with the audio/wiring theme, although some of y’all put me to shame. Decided it was time to upgrade to Wetsounds, replaced the stock un amped speakers, added the woofer, replaced my 2 channel Rockville amp (for a cheap amp it actually worked pretty well) unfortunately the Revo 8s I ordered won’t fit in my 8inch tower cans, so naturally I submitted a return request and bit the bullet for some Rev 10s, should be here in a couple days. Last weekend I replaced the factory house battery with a 200ah Renogy AGM.

Wetsounds order came in yesterday around noon, I saw on my security camera at work (wife was not pleased) so naturally I snuck out after lunch, grabbed some supplies at the store and got to work. Biggest time consumer was removing the absolute rat nest a created when I did my original amp/tower set up two years ago, which was done in haste and probably worse than a 16 year old putting audio in his first car, and instead taking my time to do things correctly. (Proper wiring/routing and hiding/looming/heat shrink connections, securing the in line fuses, power distribution block, connecting the remote correctly instead of stuck in fuse) Still not the cleanest looking but it’s 100x better than it was, fairly sure if my insurance company saw my old mess they would have dropped me

Still on the to do list, secure that massive battery and permanently secure amp board (currently just velcro command strips).

So far, 3 hours yesterday, and 3.5 hours this morning before we had a party to go to this afternoon. Plan is to get out on the water tomorrow to test it out and kick off the season.
78CF9DDB-1414-4AF9-A005-F5DD2FE45221.jpegAB2DA242-D00B-4BC7-A3C3-75D4C17F7E4C.jpeg6ECAC415-1525-41DC-94C9-6CC472465036.jpeg69A3D20D-5710-4BC8-8D8C-99F5CB226511.jpeg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
installed a Auto/Manual fire suppression system among a host of other things..

attachment - 2022-03-26T201337.714.jpgattachment - 2022-03-26T201351.664.jpgattachment - 2022-03-26T201403.295.jpgattachment - 2022-03-26T201414.169.jpgattachment - 2022-03-26T201429.672.jpg

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I removed the bimini top on my 2019 242X. I like it so far. I may install one or even two Wakeshades for when shade is desired.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, that is super clean, and awesome.

I'm humbled, lol. Myself - making slow (but steady) progress this spring, cleaning up my bird's nest behind the helm - a result of years of adding mods and electronics, ballast pumps, etc. etc.

My goal is nowhere near as lofty as what I see in your pics! Just want things to be routed and tight. Installed all new distribution blocks and went through over hundred zip ties so far to channel loose wiring into conduits, things are starting to clear up, and I'm starting to feel much better. Few more nights stuck in that awful hole behind the helm and I'll be good to go!

BTW - I took the helm hatch door out with the jab, since I'm replacing it due to cracks and cosmetic issues I can not stand, it gave me a chance to actually somewhat fit in to work behind the helm, lol.

Current situation:
View attachment 174189

Here is the mess I've been working to replace and clean up... (I'm almost there!)
View attachment 174190

Finally cleaned up the battery compartment, too, new batteries from costco - a 24DC and a 24 starting, with 36 months warranty, my previous interstates lasted almost six years.
View attachment 174187
Nice! I definitely overcomplicated mine, lol. Battery compartment is next on my list. I meant to mention the helm door removal trick - did that myself this time too. That extra bit of clearance made all the difference in the world.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Almost done with my annual pump maintenance, I was very happy to find no traces of water in the main bearings, either side.
I run with L13 cones, and they are solid.
I topped off the grease with some gear oil, and put them back together.

1648441781735.jpeg

1648441830912.jpeg

Retouched a couple spots in the pump tunnel with 5200, should be good for first half the season.
Wanted to finish cleaning the pumps but then - it started snowing...
1648441970312.jpeg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Sticking with the audio/wiring theme, although some of y’all put me to shame. Decided it was time to upgrade to Wetsounds, replaced the stock un amped speakers, added the woofer, replaced my 2 channel Rockville amp (for a cheap amp it actually worked pretty well) unfortunately the Revo 8s I ordered won’t fit in my 8inch tower cans, so naturally I submitted a return request and bit the bullet for some Rev 10s, should be here in a couple days. Last weekend I replaced the factory house battery with a 200ah Renogy AGM.

Wetsounds order came in yesterday around noon, I saw on my security camera at work (wife was not pleased) so naturally I snuck out after lunch, grabbed some supplies at the store and got to work. Biggest time consumer was removing the absolute rat nest a created when I did my original amp/tower set up two years ago, which was done in haste and probably worse than a 16 year old putting audio in his first car, and instead taking my time to do things correctly. (Proper wiring/routing and hiding/looming/heat shrink connections, securing the in line fuses, power distribution block, connecting the remote correctly instead of stuck in fuse) Still not the cleanest looking but it’s 100x better than it was, fairly sure if my insurance company saw my old mess they would have dropped me

Still on the to do list, secure that massive battery and permanently secure amp board (currently just velcro command strips).

So far, 3 hours yesterday, and 3.5 hours this morning before we had a party to go to this afternoon. Plan is to get out on the water tomorrow to test it out and kick off the season.
View attachment 174214View attachment 174215View attachment 174216View attachment 174217
Looks like you used the Rockville amp kit, may have to DM you with a couple of questions.