• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick coat of wax. I know that this is not real "ceramic", but I love Meguiers line of "Ceramic" wash, wax, spray wax and detailer. I used the spray wax about every 2/3 times I go out. Water never stops beading.

20220430_131541.jpg20220423_150417.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
B
Quick coat of wax. I know that this is not real "ceramic", but I love Meguiers line of "Ceramic" wash, wax, spray wax and detailer. I used the spray wax about every 2/3 times I go out. Water never stops beading.

View attachment 176760
Better than the Hot Sauce brand you think?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced my original 2 group 24 starting batteries with these Optima group27 duel purpose batteries. My Interstate battery supplier couldn't get me the agm batteries i wanted. Got these at Academy sports on sale for $219 each.
My old starting batteries still tested good but didn't want to chance it. This is the 6th season with them. Got great life out of them. They came with the boat when i got it in 2016
20220501_123150.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
B

Better than the Hot Sauce brand you think?
I actually still use hot sauce a lot. If the boat is pretty clean and I'm just detailing a bit of the outside, I'll use the Meguiers. I use the Hot Sauce sometimes on areas outside, but use it regularly on the inside. When I wash the inside of the boat, I focus the mitt or brush on the floor and vertical surface areas of the underseat storage. I tend to use the Hot Sauce on those areas and the areas around the speakers, cup holders and combing pockets. I also love Condition Sauce for the seats.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been a busy couple weeks getting the boat ready for summer. Both projects were a far bigger PITA than expected.

Replaced the fenders on my shoreland'r trailer with replacement parts they sent me. Both of the primary brackets fractured, and the outside attachments were on their way out too, both were only held on with 2-3 bolts. Wasn't far from a catastrophic failure.

433E59AF-852B-4FE4-98A5-42926C40D2CD.jpeg

D35B6705-626D-46C7-830B-DF1ECC63441E.jpeg

FEB12377-43BA-40E1-B073-684A53CB8549.jpeg
Got rid of the old snap in seadek and installed a new kit from JetBoatPilot. Gluedown is so much nicer, but whenever this wears out I'll be getting a new boat - LOL.

B34D9ADF-7468-478A-8D82-0F32E3AE7803.jpeg

BEF40B94-36F3-43BC-AE83-4630BF7FC2AE.jpeg

4F7954DC-2551-4448-9E43-9756EC532718.jpeg

I will admit that it's been nice being able to walk around the boat the last few weeks with dirty sneakers on, but its going to be a real no-shoe zone going forward.

Last edited:

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Added steering control to our boat. Test ride later this week to see if I need to adjust down one more slot. Jeff talked me thru which holes in the outer fins to set it up with. Wasn't too bad to install on the lift. I only dropped a single allen wrench into the drink. Day began nice but wind was starting to pick up as I was finishing.

cobra SM w Fang install May 2022 .jpg

Quick follow-up. I was able to get the boat out for a few minutes earlier this week on the 22nd before the storm rolled in. Holy crap.... I now have directional control at low speeds and the wander is gone while up on plane. No more fighting the boat. We brought the dogs out and I had to maneuver beside the dock to get them on/off the boat. Dock was rebuilt during the winter and I haven't added the stepping board beside the lift yet. Doggos wont make the jump like they used to last year. I was able to pivot the boat around the corner and into the lift after getting the dogs out. I couldn't do that maneuver last year.
Bronx happy to be there.jpg

Thank you Jeff

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
+1, removing seadeck sucks balls.

Like those fins, admittedly i am jealous. Im hoping my TV's break off soon so i have an excuse to buy the cobras

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been a busy couple weeks getting the boat ready for summer. Both projects were a far bigger PITA than expected.

Replaced the fenders on my shoreland'r trailer with replacement parts they sent me. Both of the primary brackets fractured, and the outside attachments were on their way out too, both were only held on with 2-3 bolts. Wasn't far from a catastrophic failure.

View attachment 176918

View attachment 176919

View attachment 176920
Got rid of the old snap in seadek and installed a new kit from JetBoatPilot. Gluedown is so much nicer, but whenever this wears out I'll be getting a new boat - LOL.

View attachment 176921

View attachment 176922

View attachment 176923

I will admit that it's been nice being able to walk around the boat the last few weeks with dirty sneakers on, but its going to be a real no-shoe zone going forward.
Yea.. I agree with your hand signal. I’m not a fan of the Sh@tLander trailers

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea.. I agree with your hand signal. I’m not a fan of the Sh@tLander trailers
yeah agreed. My bolts look worse than yours...probably just going to grind off the head and beat it out.

my story..... 2019 FSH with trailer...had to replace rear axle brake disks and hubs because of corrosion....they were locked tight with rust.... rear crossmember wire hole had center lights outside of the plastic conduit and had rubbed a hole thru the light harness.... extra short to ground so no lights and apparently sped up the Trailer corrosion process of the previous owner. He literally lived two blocks from the ramp....take boat to ramp put in water... then few days later pull out boat from water. They put like 50 hours per year on the boat. Aluminum + galvanized + spring steel..... lots of galvanic action going on there. The springs are shot. I coated them with rust preventer this year to freeze the decay for a year or two...... replacing all of that is like another K worth of parts. would rather spend that K upgrading my trolling motor or getting a chartplotter.

For this year I only had to get the boat into the water this year (Hence the locked up rear axle repair this year) . I upgraded to the stainless hubs and disk calipers so maybe more life out of them. The boat is currently on the dock lift in my yard so I can take my time on this one....may leave the boat on the lift this winter so I don't have to worry about replacing the springs for a few.....

Last edited:

Manannán

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had it out for an oil change and replaced spark plugs... and took the opportunity to practice taking it out of and putting it back in through the single door to the middle bay of the 3-car garage (well, 2 cars and a boat garage) and yes, I have a Trailer Valet 5X that makes this a walk in the park!
20220428_230434.jpg20220428_230620.jpg20220428_230557.jpg20220428_230415.jpg

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Installed @JetBoatPilot TVs today. Tagged teamed it with a friend. Surprisingly easy to install. Night and day handling. Fully decked out now from JBP with sea deck, LTs and TVs.

Sadly one of my trailer buckles is stuck. Hope it can be fixed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Installed @JetBoatPilot TVs today. Tagged teamed it with a friend. Surprisingly easy to install. Night and day handling. Fully decked out now from JBP with sea deck, LTs and TVs.

Are they the factory buckles?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are they the factory buckles?
Yup. Had worked perfectly until today. Granted I've only trailered, and just inside the marina 5 times.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Youll love the vectors

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yup. Had worked perfectly until today. Granted I've only trailered, and just inside the marina 5 times.
Mine rusted out pretty quickly. The factory ones were junk. If it's in the budget, upgrade to the stainless steel boat buckles. 100x better than factory.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine rusted out pretty quickly. The factory ones were junk. If it's in the budget, upgrade to the stainless steel boat buckles. 100x better than factory.
I don't know much about this but they seem decent. Is it easy to swap buckles? Any links for recs?