• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fixed the stern light receptacle (previous owner sheared off the contact pins), added red/green LED bow lights just under the lip of the rub rail on each side of the boat and aligned the thrusters on the back of the boat (steering wheel was not centered). Took the boar out last night and low and behold, it would track in a straight line!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fixed the stern light receptacle (previous owner sheared off the contact pins), added red/green LED bow lights just under the lip of the rub rail on each side of the boat and aligned the thrusters on the back of the boat (steering wheel was not centered). Took the boar out last night and low and behold, it would track in a straight line!
I've had some questionable women on my boat, but that just seems mean to say you've got a hog on board. ;) :D

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Washed up the fenders to get ready for Memorial Day. Too lazy to put them away tonightD66BC903-ADB6-4918-ABAD-A1A52606E5EB.jpeg

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced the PO’s non-automatic bilge pump with an automatic one. Also added a second bilge pump higher in the bilge that I wired to the helm switch bypassing the automatic float. I wired the automatic pump directly to the battery and added a switch by the fuse to turn the pump off if needed. Plumbed the new pump and drilled a hole 😬 in the side of my hull.

Attachments

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had stitching that was coming loose on this cushion so I took the cover off and stitched it again. The staple gun has a ton of power and was blowing through the vinyl. Lucky harbor freight is down the street and I picked up a pressure regulator to bring it down to 100psi.

I feel confident now to make new covers so maybe I'll do it this winter.

E31E0772-8213-40EC-934E-7D52A40B15B8.JPG

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally added vinyl to the boat name. Daughters named her this when we bought her. Just never made it official. Did grey center with black surround. Cause bitches love.....
20220610_153756.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had stitching that was coming loose on this cushion so I took the cover off and stitched it again. The staple gun has a ton of power and was blowing through the vinyl. Lucky harbor freight is down the street and I picked up a pressure regulator to bring it down to 100psi.

View attachment 180107
Are the staples Stainless Steel? If not, they are available and I highly recommend using them. After studying the staples, it looks to be a S.S. label under the strip of staples.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are the staples Stainless Steel? If not, they are available and I highly recommend using them. After studying the staples, it looks to be a S.S. label under the strip of staples.
Yeah they are.

I am inspired to recover some cushions so I ordered some samples of white from sailrite. I'm going to try covering the seat on the swim platform that has a cut on the top from the previous owner. My friend will help me because she has been sewing for DIY for a while. She likes doing this kind of stuff so she can practice with my boat and maybe create a business with it.

Capture.PNG

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 180107
That’s a pretty neat little wash down set up you’ve got there! Do you use air pressure to move the water?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah they are.

I am inspired to recover some cushions so I ordered some samples of white from sailrite. I'm going to try covering the seat on the swim platform that has a cut on the top from the previous owner. My friend will help me because she has been sewing for DIY for a while. She likes doing this kind of stuff so she can practice with my boat and maybe create a business with it.

View attachment 180149
Nice, the swatches will give you a pretty good feel of the vinyl. We used Seabrook Cream for our cockpit cushions. https://www.sailrite.com/Morbern-Seabrook-Stinger-Cream-54-Vinyl-Fabric?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-pCVBhCFARIsAGMxhAey1fFZWxJSo6qi0jacGuhD1299WC1wX6spyIK08UUkjYHPJHas020aAkOWEALw_wcB
And held up well for the last few years. They get walked on a lot. Seen below the grill.

20220611_114731.jpg

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s a pretty neat little wash down set up you’ve got there! Do you use air pressure to move the water?
i put a seaflo boat wash down kit and found the tank in a hound supply store in Florida. The pressure is really good and the tank holds 5.5 gallons.

i also have a viair onboard air system with 2.5 gallon tank and Firestone air bags.System worked perfect for the air stapler.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice, the swatches will give you a pretty good feel of the vinyl. We used Seabrook Cream for our cockpit cushions. https://www.sailrite.com/Morbern-Seabrook-Stinger-Cream-54-Vinyl-Fabric?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-pCVBhCFARIsAGMxhAey1fFZWxJSo6qi0jacGuhD1299WC1wX6spyIK08UUkjYHPJHas020aAkOWEALw_wcB
And held up well for the last few years. They get walked on a lot. Seen below the grill.

View attachment 180167
Looks good!
I'm hoping to find a perfect match to my current cushions so I can fix little problems without covering every cushion in the boat. And both my swim deck cushions have stains on the top, I guess its because of the mooring cover and the high heat? Idk. I think the 2015+ AR192 have black on the top and its better hiding stains

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed the Cobra Jet AK-19 on our SX-190. My wife is excited to feel the difference while docking. Seems to be very well designed using quality parts and Jeff provides detailed instructions including a video.

IMG_0900.jpgIMG_0901.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed new thrust vectors, an automatic bildge in the low point of the hull, a ladder down switch using the magnet in the swim ladder trick with an led on the dash, two new ballast pumps and inlets, new balast bags, and long overdue replaced plastic scupper with a stainless one. A total of 5 new holes in the hull and several on the interior. Didn't happen unless I post pictures so they will be coming.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Reorganized the head compartment

PXL_20220614_175247005.jpg