• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is another maintenance item I just discovered in my 2016 yammie - never really looked under my seats, but when I did - there is visible corrosion on the frame and the springs, both sides - captain and passenger:

For now, I just treated with CRC-656 Heavy Duty, will assess at the end of the season, but not sure what else can be done other than disassemble and reupholster which I'm not ready for:
View attachment 174673
two of my favorite cans...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorted out the dreaded intake temp sensor code 23 after testing all 4 sensor assembly's that i have... turned out to be pin in position 8 in the ECU harness that should have been in pin 7...

attachment - 2022-04-18T201706.314.jpgattachment - 2022-04-18T201720.372.jpgattachment - 2022-04-18T201901.910.jpgattachment (101).jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bad TPS on port engine... Replaced and recalibrated TPS and it started instantly.... PROGRESS...

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New rims and Radial tires - replaced the defective Carslile tires and rims

Attachments

Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New rims and Radial tires - replaced the defective Carslile tires and rims
yep tires, tracks, transoms, transistors, transformers, or t*ts its gonna be a problem sooner or later :rolleyes:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

chester2008

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pulled mine from storage last month, and started with relocating batteries and charger further back. Added a JBL MA704 4 channel amp, a JBL MA 4505 5 channel amp, 8 JBL Stadium M6520 LED speakers and a 12"JL Audio Sub. Finished up with adding sea deck and polishing/sealing the hull with Jescar Powerlock. Excited for warmer weather!

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Installed my Proven Industries coupler lock, and will begin swim platform drain do over, and hopefully the replace the scupper as well. Shout out to @drewkaree and @Julian for these mods.

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed my Proven Industries coupler lock, and will begin swim platform drain do over, and hopefully the replace the scupper as well. Shout out to @drewkaree and @Julian for these mods.
Not to rain on your parade but I am curious - I thought @drewkaree had said the check valve didn’t help with all the water in the tray? Maybe I misunderstood or it could have been someone different. If it helps I would do that mod too.

That’s a beefy lock. Never heard of those before. Looks factory.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Not to rain on your parade but I am curious - I thought @drewkaree had said the check valve didn’t help with all the water in the tray? Maybe I misunderstood or it could have been someone different. If it helps I would do that mod too.

That may be the case, but I already went too far to turn back now. I decided to use a scupper instead of the brass check valve with the ball. We’ll see how it works out. I don’t get any water in my bilge, but doing this to see if thats why the clean-out ports fill up with water. We don’t surf or wake board, so don’t get a lot of water on the platform. Best case scenario, changed out the plastic fittings for SS. Shout out to @drewkaree for not telling me this mod didn’t work. 🤣😡🤮

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Pretty ingenious mounting spot. I would be worried that something is going to flip over on my seat cushion, like a rolling sizzeling Bratwurst :) Hard to see in picture if it is angled out over the water? I have been in some chop using mine and could stand on the platform and brace myself, when some ass hat on a jet ski comes roaring by. Is your easy to reach?
F9386166-54A7-41E5-BB92-DBA6614BFC5B.jpeg0B7D5D9A-6AA2-4CD2-9272-5930D1402D97.jpeg
Seemed to work good today, and is about the perfect height when standing on the back.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic. Great Pics.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Replaced my plastic scupper with a stainless steel scupper, and replaced my upper and lower swim deck drain fittings. Added an inline check valve in the drain hose. Had to wrap the check valve clamps in rubber vulcanizing tape because the clamps were slicing me up.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

It very well may help. I'm not certain I can confirm or deny, as I think I have blowby around my cleanout plugs. My cleanout plugs are super easy to put in, never even an inkling of an issue with the rubber sticking like a few others, which leads me to believe I won't be able to confirm the check valve personally, until I rebuild my plugs. Since it's not an issue at this point, I won't be rebuilding them anytime soon, as I'm not really losing any noticeable speed - at least to me. For all the guys on here who can't stand the idea of puttering around at 30 mph, or having their top speed at anything less than 50 mph, this might be a huge difference, but for me, I still get to all the bars and restaurants without complaints.

Now, in 3 weeks when I pull the boat out of storage, Murphy's Law says the cleanout plugs will require rebuilding. 🤷‍♂️

@RobbieO if you can't read every thread on the forum, are you really even following along? 🤣 ;) :winkingthumbsup" I know someone else on the forums added a check valve, and it worked for them - another point steering me towards the rubber on my cleanout plugs letting water past. If I can find my little knockoff go pro, I can check it out when the water's high enough to drop the boat in. Until then, the responsibility has been passed to you!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
It very well may help. I'm not certain I can confirm or deny, as I think I have blowby around my cleanout plugs. My cleanout plugs are super easy to put in, never even an inkling of an issue with the rubber sticking like a few others, which leads me to believe I won't be able to confirm the check valve personally, until I rebuild my plugs. Since it's not an issue at this point, I won't be rebuilding them anytime soon, as I'm not really losing any noticeable speed - at least to me. For all the guys on here who can't stand the idea of puttering around at 30 mph, or having their top speed at anything less than 50 mph, this might be a huge difference, but for me, I still get to all the bars and restaurants without complaints.

Now, in 3 weeks when I pull the boat out of storage, Murphy's Law says the cleanout plugs will require rebuilding. 🤷‍♂️

@RobbieO if you can't read every thread on the forum, are you really even following along? 🤣 ;) :winkingthumbsup" I know someone else on the forums added a check valve, and it worked for them - another point steering me towards the rubber on my cleanout plugs letting water past. If I can find my little knockoff go pro, I can check it out when the water's high enough to drop the boat in. Until then, the responsibility has been passed to you!
I did notice that the starboard clean-out port cavity is usually filled with more water. This is next to the drain fitting. Haven't been in the water yet, so I can't verify if this mod works. I did purchase the inline scupper valve, but ended up going with the brass check valve. The scupper valve leaks. Also, my drain fittings are 1" in diameter with 3/4" hose barbs. Fit perfectly in the holes. I agree about the cleanout plugs. Mine go in easy as well. In theory, those seals are lip seals, which means they should seal better as more pressure is applied. I have a hard time keeping up on all the posts. I have a new mission. Upgrades on my camper.

Last edited:

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rewired the trailer, detailed the interior, installed a new depth gauge & transducer and buffed the lower part of the hull...almost ready for 1st run on the lake this year.