• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed Cobra E-Z Locks and prepped her for the water tomorrow.

Attachments

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I finished cleaning up my nozzles, then put them back on the boat with my new impellers.
Ran the engines for a while.
Put seats and gear back in.
Tried to troubleshoot some speaker humming. (Also you can hear through the speakers when you turn the light switches on and off... ground issue?)
Getting ready to take her out tomorrow :)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rewater tested my scupper by filling the hull with water ... check screen to bilge pump before hand... and then filled the boat untill the bilge came on to check proper operation. I am going to lube the steering cables a bit and do a little more spot cleaning and she is all done!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty! Makes me want to wax boat. Them red boats is the fastest!

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Washed, waxed and admired my baby!!!!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed my SeaDek Sunday and pulled her out of storage. Now she's home and almost ready for summer. Gonna try and get out Sunday and finish things up. 20160417_155723.jpg 20160417_163906.jpg 20160417_181943.jpg

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cute tent:)That would last all of 5 seconds here in West Texas:eek:
It was cheap but it actually has held up really good. Of course, I don't get the winds around here that you probably do. :)

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been pretty busy. I got on the ADA Racing website and picked up a couple new fittings. I was hoping it would be plug and play but I had to buy a few fittings to step up the hose.20160416_185823.jpg 20160416_190208.jpg

I also pulled out the carpets and pressure washed them. They still had a large amount of soap from the previous owner.20160413_130601.jpg 20160413_130618.jpg

I then installed the new Reg #.
20160420_112927.jpg

Can't wait till Sunday to get back out on the water. Going to Lake Murray for the first time and really looking forward seeing new areas.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do have to admit, when I wax I generally do not go all the way under the boat. Probably I am abusing my baby. But I figure sun doesn't reach under there much, so it needs waxing much less frequently, right? Right? (looking for help on this rationalization here, please)

Looks shiny. Nice job.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, I believe that the proverbial snowball has better odds in hell than I do of getting her to wax my boat. In fact, far better odds... <sigh>

mb300sd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been pretty busy. I got on the ADA Racing website and picked up a couple new fittings. I was hoping it would be plug and play but I had to buy a few fittings to step up the hose.View attachment 36052 View attachment 36053

I also pulled out the carpets and pressure washed them. They still had a large amount of soap from the previous owner.View attachment 36054 View attachment 36055

I then installed the new Reg #.
View attachment 36056

Can't wait till Sunday to get back out on the water. Going to Lake Murray for the first time and really looking forward seeing new areas.
Yes!! Thank you. I replaced my plastic bilge pump outlet with stainless when I added a second one, been looking for a small stainless through hull everywhere for the pee holes.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My oldest son and I took her out today for an hour check up! She ran well. I removed the flame arrestors yesterday and replaced them with the Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit by RIVA. Wow, the flame arrestors really do block the flow of air. You cannot even see through them. I could tell the difference. I believe I got 3 mph more than before. I was going up river with a decent head wind and got 50 out of her. Usually I get 46 or so in those conditions.
20160424_103714.jpg

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed a shelf in my anchor locker and lined the heck out of it for my new Slide box anchor, see separate thread if you want all of the details.

IMG_1907.JPG

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
We went out yesterday and she ran like a champ. And today Changed the oil and plugs also greased the bearings and washed her up real good . ready for summer now

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes!! Thank you. I replaced my plastic bilge pump outlet with stainless when I added a second one, been looking for a small stainless through hull everywhere for the pee holes.
I really like them, I can't leave anything stock.