• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hope you repaired the gelcoat before installing. . . . . .
I guess that depends on your definition of "repaired"... Does it look like new gelcoat? No. But I sanded it, cleaned it and filled it with some epoxy! :cool:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess that depends on your definition of "repaired"... Does it look like new gelcoat? No. But I sanded it, cleaned it and filled it with some epoxy! :cool:
As long as you didn't leave the fiberglass exposed under the keel guard. . . . That would be a bad move.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I gave my 192 a bow to stern cleaning including the anchor locker and ski locker! I know, not exactly earth shattering, but we've had ridiculously low humidity in central Alabama for a couple of days and it allowed me to really get everything shampooed, rinsed and dried out (the real issue with the normal humidity). Looks like no rain through next Sunday so I'm hoping to get a coat of wax on...and maybe get on the lake a couple times. :)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed a replacement swim deck ladder from wind line (no pic) and installed new wheel (covers) on the trailer.
image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had an extension from windshield to bimini made up for rain cover while moving.
View attachment 27990
<edited to make image full by default>
Nice!!! Where did you get it done and how much did it cost? Can you roll them up and snap it in the up (rolled up) position? Mine has 3 pieces that you can roll up independently. Allows one to walk through the middle walkway easily if you want and makes rolling it up easier. The straps to roll mine up were simple to add and allow us to have it ready to redeploy on those days with scattered showers.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed some cheapo wake/kneeboard accessories...

Less than $175 for the two of them, before you start noting how odd the mirror is...20150913_164136.jpg 20150913_164139.jpg

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is that mirror from Reborn too? Does it not work with your wake tower or do you just have it turned funny?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Building new bunk boards. 1442772046543-1443488336.jpgAn air powered stapler will save you a lot of time and sore hand and arm the next day. Gluing it on top will keep it in place while you staple the edges.
Finished product.
1442772342246-1506315893.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that mirror from Reborn too? Does it not work with your wake tower or do you just have it turned funny?
Both were eBay from Hong Kong somewhere. But the mirror arm is not long enough to work with my tower. If I put it out straight it would be where my head is... So I improvised.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tower install on SX190.

upload_2015-9-20_15-48-6.png

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picked up the boat from storage yesterday and hit the lake all day. :happy:

Today, scrubbed it all down. Tightened up some rails (with blue loc-tite). Pulled both jet drives so I can attempt to clean em up nice and pretty. Pulled bimini for repair. Removed the captains chair to try and fix the bolster. Ended up just removing it and reinstalling the seat. Cleaned some more, covered up, and gonna go drop her back off in storage and hope for more 70 degree weather soon. (water temp was also 70!).

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What did I do regarding the boat today. I regarded it. I opened the back door of the garage and saw it, covered, sitting in the side yard. It's 58 degrees out right now, up from 30 overnight.

The good news is I don't have to do any winterizing. I just park it and occasionally start it up on warmer days over the winter months. Otherwise it's no different than summer as far as boat storage. I guess one of these days I should throw the trickle charger on it like I did last winter.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess one of these days I should throw the trickle charger on it like I did last winter.
Just throw on a small solar panel which will leave it topped off. . .

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just throw on a small solar panel which will leave it topped off. . .
Good idea. I have a panel and voltage regulator that should do the job. We do get more sun than any other city in America except for Yuma. I'll be considering solar for the roof next year.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I felt like this thread needed reviving...

Installed my GX1700 VHF today.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oddly enough I did a boat repair today since the weather broke a bit, I haven't touched my boat since October.

My seat mount was broken on the driver's seat; I popped it off, cleaned all the aluminum really well, ground it until it was all fresh metal, and used the MIG to weld it back up.

It seems like it's going to hold; I cranked down on the bolt and it squeezed shut almost the whole way without cracking so I think I'm good.

It's a good thing; the four screws or bolts that hold the slider apparatus to the seat seem to be frozen solid. I couldn't get them loose.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They're from Gaffrig Performance. The original owner of my boat installed them, but it's my favorite mod on the boat. I like having the throttles and the gates separated. And it solves the throttle fallback issue the stock throttles are known for.