• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sadly, the boat is so loud its hard its hard to hear the stereo at much more than 2,000 rpm. I may have to look into some sound proofing next summer.
This is why a sound system mod is the last thing on my list. . . . . Definitely a draw back on these boats for sure.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you referring to the plastic part that the rear support tube folds up and clips into?
If so, where did you get it?:rolleyes:
I think I got it from Boats.net. I always check ebay first though because shipping is pretty high for all the bigger these parts are. For my boat the part was F0R-U781B-00-00. I think that's the newest version that replaced the old version; if not they'll tell you the new part number.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Threw away my nasty old snap-in carpets!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is why a sound system mod is the last thing on my list. . . . . Definitely a draw back on these boats for sure.
I added a set of Polk MM651UM speakers and a 600.4 Rockford Fosgate class D amp. I didn't really know what to expect but I was extremely positively suprised by the results. The speakers put out a ton of great sound with as much power as I'm feeding them - enough to be very audible even at WOT. It really changes the experience on the boat being able to listen to music at speed rather than just the annoying sound of the engines. I highly recommend this mod if you like to listen to music.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added a ProSport. 2-bank, 12 amp onboard charger.

image.jpg

Note, best not to install on carpet for heat transfer reasons, so used 1/2" nylon spacers at each of the four corner mount locations:
image.jpg

Of course, donated some blood, per S.O.P.:
image.jpg

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally welded up my bow stop!

Approach similar to many others' seen here and at YJB.

I used 1.5" x 3.0" steel tube with 0.188" wall thickness, bought in a 3 foot section at local steel service center (bought enough to make two braces - just in case ;)). Made a cardboard template, cut the tube to match the template, de-burred cut tube edges with a pneumatic angle grinder, and used a Miller 480 volt wire welder to first tack then to seam weld in place. Used steel bristle toothbrush-style brush to remove blush rust & otherwise clean up welds and adjacent painted surfaces. Painted with two coats of Rust-Oleum automotive enamel gloss black spray paint.

Seam welded all the way around the new brace at both ends. Seam welded the OE post to the trailer on the hitch end plus heavy tack weld added to both sides. Left the boat end and about 2/3 of both post sides open to allow it to drain.

Total out-of-pocket: just under $30 for the steel...I had the paint from 2012 trailer guides project.

Now, I need to swap out that crappy OE winch for a Fulton F2!

View attachment 10740 View attachment 10741

PS: Mechanic from my plant did the welding - LOL. I can weld a bit, but he is FAR, FAR more skilled than me. Also, I was rushed in spray painting, so the paint didn't turn out quite as nicely as I was hoping. Note - orange flagging is just temporary eye catcher as the trailer is a bit hard to see where it's parked.
This is also on my to do list ! Perfect time for the new Fulton and a brace :)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_3486.JPG 20150801_141150.jpg Got my EZ Dock installed this weekend

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg I finally was able to squeeze her into the garage. I spent the whole weekend removing the old garage door, cut a bigger hole, replaced all the studs in the doorway including the 4"x10"x8' header. That was a heavy monster!!! So happy she can sleep inside now.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hate all of you that can put your boats into your garage. Hate of envy! Going to have to buy a bigger house with a bigger garage.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate all of you that can put your boats into your garage. Hate of envy! Going to have to buy a bigger house with a bigger garage.
Are you not allowed to add on to the side of your house? Looks like there should be room in your signature photo. That's one of the best investments that you can do for your boat and piece of mind. It's one of the best things that we've done for ours.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am with you, but Hate is such a strong word. . . . I prefer detest. ; )

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yep....it stinks to have a 24' boat instead of our little 19' boats. That's a rough life you have...;)

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally put my Jetboaters sticker on 20150805_182610.jpg

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And added one on my truck as well lol 20150805_195231.jpg

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed my Keelguard, there have been enough write-ups for that so I'll just post a pic of the "before"... POs apparently liked parking on the beach.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope you repaired the gelcoat before installing. . . . . .

Installed my Keelguard, there have been enough write-ups for that so I'll just post a pic of the "before"... POs apparently liked parking on the beach.