• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took mine into a tire shop to have the lug nuts and bolts replaced, bearings repacked and to have it washed and detailed by one of the guys at the shop with a good reputation for such work as a side job.

Regarding the lug nuts and bolts, The short story being that a few years ago I painted the galvanized rims black and put wheel covers on them but I did not cover the threads on the ends of the lugs when I painted so taking them off can be a pain. Sticker shock hit me hard and fast when I was told that each nut is $12 and each bolt $13 ($25 X 20 sets = $500). These are O'Reilly auto parts store prices, that is where the shop gets them and I have bought one directly once before (just forgot about the price). I quickly decided to replace only the missing one, a stripped one and any that were difficult for them to remove as they repack the bearings on each wheel. Estimated cost is $250 or less (mostly labor).

As far as the cleaning job I saw pics of some of this guys work and he has a 29' power boat now so he knows his way around and what to do. Cost is $350 (all labor as the guys already has the tools and materials and is not itemizing the bill).

I could have done both jobs myself but am getting lazy and/or tired with age plus I just don't seem to have the time to do these things like I did before.

My JBN spare tire covers were delivered as well. I will post pics when I get the boat back later this weekend.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today I rolled mine out of hibernation, getting her ready and gonna hit the lake up in a few!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Today I rolled mine out of hibernation
HIBERNATION??!!??
Man you're only a few miles north of me. We should only have a slow season - I think we only skipped January and February this off-season.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
HIBERNATION??!!??
Man you're only a few miles north of me. We should only have a slow season - I think we only skipped January and February this off-season.
The lack of a winter this year for our area was weird, wasn't it? I'm okay with it, but if I can't be on my boat (or in the water) I just prefer it be cold.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
HIBERNATION??!!??
Wife and I were both in and out of the hospital this off season and lots of work travel. I'm just now healed up from another surgery cut me some slack lol.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The lack of a winter this year for our area was weird, wasn't it? I'm okay with it, but if I can't be on my boat (or in the water) I just prefer it be cold.
30 more days until the water reaches a temp that will be close to acceptable! It's close to 90 here today but the water is an icy 71 degrees. I hate being on the boat and not able to go in the water. I know....I'm spoiled:D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
30 more days until the water reaches a temp that will be close to acceptable! It's close to 90 here today but the water is an icy 71 degrees. I hate being on the boat and not able to go in the water. I know....I'm spoiled:D
I'm kind of the same, if I can't swim it takes a huge chunk out of the fun of boating. But it's sunny and in the 70's today and my boat is begging to get wet so off we go!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
On my birthday...
Fiberglass some of my hatch. Going to look for some fiberglass cloth. The matt i had was horrid and the resin was going bad so i threw it all away but filled yhe holes all with bondo brand fiberglass. It's shreds of fiberglass mixed with resin and you just add hardener.
20170401_113459.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm kind of the same, if I can't swim it takes a huge chunk out of the fun of boating. But it's sunny and in the 70's today and my boat is begging to get wet so off we go!
I'm the same... but the kid has no problem snorkeling in 70 deg water ..... OUCH!! One day this thermometers will drop and he'll avoid that cold water just like us.
For right now I just bar hop on the boat :winkingthumbsup"

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
looks good @bronze_10, I like the location over the helm.

I recommending dry running the transducer (or using a rope of the same diameter and length), make sure it will easily reach to where you want to place it. I know mine was a stretch by the time the wire was ran as required.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looks good @bronze_10, I like the location over the helm.

I recommending dry running the transducer (or using a rope of the same diameter and length), make sure it will easily reach to where you want to place it. I know mine was a stretch by the time the wire was ran as required.
I have to run the coaxe from the antenna yo the vhf radio.. then... transducer! Then the mods are finished. So yes ill check that before i run the cable for the ducer.. txs..

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been trying to get the boat out of hibernation for last 2 weeks! Rain has been so unpredictable down here in the south!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed a Samson swivel wakeboard/surf rake, spare tire mount, and new wheels and tires. Now just waiting for warmer weather.

IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0145.JPG

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed a Samson swivel wakeboard/surf rake, spare tire mount, and new wheels and tires. Now just waiting for warmer weather.
I like the new rims/rubber. What was wrong with the previous set? I'm guessing you just wanted radials - looks nice!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the new rims/rubber. What was wrong with the previous set? I'm guessing you just wanted radials - looks nice!
Nothing was wrong just needed to buy a spare and decided to spend the extra money and upgrade to radials.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New jack installed. No more dealing with the crappy old one.
IMG_0295.JPG