• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today I did take off the old, out dated graphics from the hull, they were pretty beat up from previous owners anyway, and now the oxidation can be buffed out and restore the true color. You can see the difference when i peeled them off. I did not think it would buff out well with them on. I like it already.20170415_141627.jpg

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Today I greased the wheel bearings and trailer zerks, changed the oil, installed new spark plugs, washed and dried the boat, filled the carpet snap screw holes and installed my new Seadek kit. Ok I'm beat... will post pics of the Seadek in the morning.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cleaned out all compartments. Installed new dock lines & fenders. Installed EZ-Lock on clean out plug. Installed additional USB charger/voltage readout. Installed Garmin 53DV + transducer. Installed Fulton stainless "boat buckles". Did other stuff. Long day of boat love with minimal photographic evidence.

IMG_1173.jpg IMG_1177.jpg IMG_1178.jpg

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cleaned out all compartments. Installed new dock lines & fenders. Installed EZ-Lock on clean out plug. Installed additional USB charger/voltage readout. Installed Garmin 53DV + transducer. Installed Fulton stainless "boat buckles". Did other stuff. Long day of boat love with minimal photographic evidence.

View attachment 54108 View attachment 54109 View attachment 54110
Where do you get the EZ locks? I've been looking for them since last year but haven't been able to find them anywhere.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swatski, Nice job on the hole cutting for the additional count- em 6 DB651's. Are you going to be adding an amp or do you have one in place already? Big fan of all your mods and skills.
Sorry - I missed this post. I have 2 Clarion XC1410 and a powered sub, BassLink. I needed a setup that will not require a much bigger or a third battery (I'm installing a 3,000 lbs ballast system) and I think I succeed!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about half way through the surf ballast install...
upload_2017-4-15_23-27-55.pngupload_2017-4-15_23-28-19.png
upload_2017-4-15_23-28-53.pngupload_2017-4-15_23-29-18.png
upload_2017-4-15_23-30-3.pngupload_2017-4-15_23-30-38.png

--

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Washed, waxed, cleaned, etc.

Put the boat back in the water for the summer.

Also had to remove old peeling stickers. (After pics. At some point will do the rest, just did main graphics today)IMG_1114.JPGIMG_1116.JPG IMG_1117.JPG

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oil and filters changed, new plugs installed. Added a dual USB charger in the glove box, and a dual battery voltage meter.

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3643.JPG

IMG_3640.JPG

The meter location is a compromise between ease of installation (near batteries) and visibility (requires me to stoop over and look under the seat).

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 54108 View attachment 54109 View attachment 54110
Looking good!!

What you are really saying is that the boat it now complete and ready to sell:p

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I wash my boat today flushed out the motors and then my wife had mentioned something about it not being that loud when were sitting on the beach. I have a 2016 SX 240 with six JL Audio 6.5s, two JL Audio 7.7 two JL Audio 10 inch subwoofers and 2 JL Audio 6 channel amps. I don't have a wakeboard to be able to project my sound out but I saw a JL Audio had a flush mount for their 7.7 pods so I ordered those speakers the pods and the mounts so we'll see how that works out now I just got to figure out where the hell to put themScreenshot_20170416-172541.png

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Added two flush mount rod holders.

IMG_3667.JPG

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday I picked the boat up from the gel coat repair shop. They fixed every little nick and blemish from 11 years of dock bumps. It looks great.
I covered the boat with the new 3rd party cover last evening.
I had completely emptied the boat before taking it to the gel coat shop so had an opportunity today to vacuum the carpets inside the storage compartments.
I used spray adhesive to fix several areas inside the storage compartments where carpet was loose.
I installed the magnetic smartphone mount on the dashboard.
I mounted the VHF handheld radio charging base next to the driver's seat. I still have to run the 12V power cord.

Finally the big job was to cut a hole for a cup holder on the passenger side of the boat where Yamaha failed to design it in.

Drilling the hole. I had to use the 90 degree drill accessory due to the windshield preventing use of the drill alone.

I took my time, spraying water on the area being drilled to cool and lubricate.

It took about 20 minutes of careful slow drilling to punch through. I was concerned about creating chips around the edge of the hole.

The plug removed had a thickness of about 1/4" on one side and 3/8" on the other. It was comforting to see the clean edge with no chips after I removed the blue tape.

I deliberately selected a hole saw on the small side. I can fix a hole that is too small, but fixing a hole that is too large. Well...

About 1/2 hour later the hole has been carefully enlarged with the Dremel tool, tape removed, and it looks great.

I haven't told Nancy. I want her to discover it when we next go boating. She had mentioned more than once that there should have been a cup holder there where she sits much of the time.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not today but last weekend I prepped the boat for the season by reloading it and more importantly cleaning the interior up (just paid to have the exterior buffed and waxed a few weeks ago). Cleaning out the gap between the fuel tank cover and the deck is disgusting work. Not much to see so no pics. I did manage to get to close to the fence which damaged my black cover (got it this winter from another member here for about $300 and have only used it for storage so far not on the street). Now I'm another $10 in on iron on patches and will always have a visual reminder of my mistake.
IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0284.JPG