• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah - could you install another flip fuel cap on that side? Modify it to allow for the power plug?

That would provide a clean oem look and a water proof seal. .02

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was raining off and on with cooler temps so used color restore (oxidation cut) and then wax. Cleaned it up good on the outside and took it for a spin on the new tow vehicle. Liking the 9 speed transmission on the MDX and the back up camera with the "view down angle" lets me connect up to the trailer on the first try.

First nice weekend it is ready to take the first dip of the season

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

IMG_0639.JPG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my current view... isnt pretty......
I hate that task best of luck my man! After doing it once I told my self I would never do it again.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanted my first post on this threat to be something that nobody else has done. ......
Today I prevented my boat from catching fire. How did I do that? With my own bare hands. Literally.

Short version of the story : I was testing the auxiliary switch for the trim tabs and I wanted to make sure that it does not touch the boat just in case. Indeed It was the right call since I touched the poles and then FIRE.
Damage report:
Fire damage to boat: none
Elertical system: seems to operating okay
Auxiliary switch: fried and needs to be replaced
Damage to self: 1 finger burned but that is okay because God gave me 10 of them.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah - could you install another flip fuel cap on that side? Modify it to allow for the power plug?

That would provide a clean oem look and a water proof seal. .02
The Noco through hull is already waterproof. Just need to add a pass through on the mooring cover. I though about trying to find a fuel acess like they have on the mooring cover but decided to keep it simple and just go with a zipper. Will take photos when done.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well those of you know what I was dealing with the other day....

I have made progess.... One thing I will say is that these dont fit exactly... .Is it me or am I crazy... just pointing out small anal details.

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got lucky... 5 minutes to get the mat off. ( all 1 piece) oh but the next hour getting the "sticky boogers" off... all done.. now to order replacement... stupid $&@?& cat...IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0871.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, it wasn't really the Yamaha, but the trailer got a new set of VeVe guides today. Quick install, wanted them for retrieving boat in crosswinds.
20170510_173236.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Thanks, I was thinking about adding them, I will now.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I finished up my bilge pump project, replacing the automatic pump with a manual pump and a water witch switch, with the helm switch allowing for manual activation. I added a second pump with an included switch as a backup, both are getting power directly from a battery (with fuse of course). Now I am all set for rack valet service and I don't have to worry about if the main battery switch is on or off, or about draining my battery due to the original pump.

More holes in the boat...this is the 10th one!

IMG_3717.JPG

Found a matching fitting on Amazon, likely a common part but good to have them look the same. Used Life Caulk to seal it.

IMG_3724.JPG

Original pump replaced with higher flow 800 GPH with Water Witch switch.

IMG_3734.JPG

New pump forward of original pump. I checked the depth of this "pocket" in the engine compartment and it is about the same as the aft most one where the original pump is. I could not easily fit the new pump next the the original pump so I want with the more forward area. I used marine epoxy to bond the pump base to the boat, roughing up the surfaces first and letting is sit with tape for pressure for 24 hours.

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

The wiring is not as clean as I would like but it is a mess of different connections so it did not lend itself to having everything nicely sleeved. However, all connections are up high and using heat shrink.

IMG_3733.JPG

The second hose.

IMG_3736.JPG

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@eticket do you have the link to the thru hull fitting for the bilge. Thanks.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length