• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today, I removed all of the fuel hatch screws with a #4 square bit from Lawson Products from Georgia, could not find them around here. They all came out without breaking, although the (2) at the rear of the hatch were tough to get out. Setting the bit with a few taps from a hammer helped a lot. As with other aspects of this, year old boat to me, I has happy with what I saw. The hatch was in good shape with minimal mold present. The gasket will need replacing as does my ski locker and I will do soon. There was a little piece of foam padding that was loose between the fuel tank and the drain, which could have been a potential problem, removed it.
20170515_142229_001.jpg 20170515_142506_001.jpg The fuel tank hold, had held water in the past, as is evident by the different level lines present on the forward wall of the hold.20170515_142645.jpgLesson: Pull that drain plug occasionally. I know pic. is turned 90 deg.

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Devin Jensen
Any tips on the install? What did you use for the cut? Hole saw? Anything behind that area to be concerned of? Looking to go in the exact same spot.
yeah use the blue painter tape laid out first and layered a little just in case the drill bit skips it doesn't leave a scratch in the dash. I got a 3" circular drill bit and it fit perfect for the clarion mw1 remote. Also make sure you unscrew and rescrew the plates for the switches carefully because that plate will bend in and looks like it may crack easily when reinstalling it.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I spent most of the day on my jet boat in the driveway. I didn't have time last year to do a full detail with the move so it needed it. The boat now looks better than it did even when I bought it with 15 hours on it. Simple Green and a little bit of 3M mold and mildew remover has the seats looking practically brand new. I am amazed.

I sure wish I could figure out how to get the well water spots off of the windshield though. That is driving me crazy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spent most of the day on my jet boat in the driveway. I didn't have time last year to do a full detail with the move so it needed it. The boat now looks better than it did even when I bought it with 15 hours on it. Simple Green and a little bit of 3M mold and mildew remover has the seats looking practically brand new. I am amazed.

I sure wish I could figure out how to get the well water spots off of the windshield though. That is driving me crazy.
You need some Whink and a damp rag. Step up to something slightly more abrasive like a mild scrubber pad. Careful not to scratch the glass-- not easy to scratch but a fair warning as I'm not sure what scrubber you'll use.

Whink is the yachting worlds answer to hard water stains on glass. Amazon is not the place to buy it... just a quick link to the correct product.

https://www.amazon.com/Whink-Stain-Remover-Fluid-Ounce/dp/B000ZZYUE2

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You need some Whink and a damp rag. Step up to something slightly more abrasive like a mild scrubber pad. Careful not to scratch the glass-- not easy to scratch but a fair warning as I'm not sure what scrubber you'll use.

Whink is the yachting worlds answer to hard water stains on glass. Amazon is not the place to buy it... just a quick link to the correct product.

https://www.amazon.com/Whink-Stain-Remover-Fluid-Ounce/dp/B000ZZYUE2
Thanks! I bet it will work on my shower door that I've also been struggling with!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I bet it will work on my shower door that I've also been struggling with!
The shower door would probably need something a bit stronger. Use Bar Keepers Friend powder made into a paste with a little bit of water and a similar scrubber pad.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The shower door would probably need something a bit stronger. Use Bar Keepers Friend powder made into a paste with a little bit of water and a similar scrubber pad.
Thanks. Bar Keepers Friend didn't do the trick, that's what I tried first. I did try the spray though, I should try the powder.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Bar Keepers Friend didn't do the trick, that's what I tried first. I did try the spray though, I should try the powder.
The liquid delivers close to the same result. If the stain is thick white like opaque white...... you may be screwed. I've seen muratic acid used to burn it off but there's usually collateral damage to surrounding metal.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The liquid delivers close to the same result. If the stain is thick white like opaque white...... you may be screwed. I've seen muratic acid used to burn it off but there's usually collateral damage to surrounding metal.
Hmm, I don't think it's too terrible yet.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
CLR does some pretty amazing things. I would just be carful to not get it on the vinyl or SeaDek.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday, I installed my Lectrotab trim tabs on the hull. Today, I ran the control wiring under the clean out tray and forward to the controller on the starboard side in front of the throttles.
20170520_175254_001.jpg 20170520_171007.jpg 20170520_164332.jpg 20170521_162811.jpg 20170522_132003.jpg 20170522_132108.jpg

Last edited:

Stuntmanmike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mikes Pics 235.jpg Mikes Pics 231.jpg My Jet Jon River Boat. This week I decided To swap out the VX 1100 engine with the more powerful SX 230 engine.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Previous owner left a little bit of a wiring mess (and an un-fused 4 ga amp power cable!) on top of the OEM wiring that leaves some to be desired. Cleaned everything up using a SafetyHub which should make adding anything in the future easier and cleaner. Now I've only got 1 large cable and the onboard charger leads attached to each battery post. I'd like to put the batteries on a sliding tray to open up the storage but that'll have to wait for another time as I've got a CARB boat and have a charcoal canister and vent line in the way to relocate or remove.

Did the Connext voltage fix while I was into everything as well. Voltage reads independently and accurate now, within a couple hundredths of a voltmeter at the battery.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a CARB boat and have a charcoal canister and vent line in the way to relocate or remove
I think they all have it, mine does and is not a CARB. I moved mine further up front and up - under the cap below/behind where the rear tower leg attaches. Needed to make room for ballast bags.

--