• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally gor my ballast install done today.
750 under both port and starboard seats and 1180 in the ski locker
Oh, we do need to see this!!!!
Did you go wakemakers? How many pumps? intakes? I love reading those posts.

--

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, we do need to see this!!!!
Did you go wakemakers? How many pumps? intakes? I love reading those posts.
--
Yes wakemakers. 3 pumps, 3 intakes, a lot like yours with the pumps in the wet storage on the stern and the intakes just above the rudder. I couldn't really find any better way to install everything, I'll be able to test everything this weekend

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes wakemakers. 3 pumps, 3 intakes, a lot like yours with the pumps in the wet storage on the stern and the intakes just above the rudder. I couldn't really find any better way to install everything, I'll be able to test everything this weekend
Awesome! Did you go with their harnesses/timers? Are you getting @jcyamaharider swim deck bag?
Sorry for all the questions, feel free to completely ignore, lol, I just get really excited about those mods. Huge PIA to do it all, wasn't it?

--

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! Did you go with their harnesses/timers? Are you getting @jcyamaharider swim deck bag?
Sorry for all the questions, feel free to completely ignore, lol, I just get really excited about those mods. Huge PIA to do it all, wasn't it?

--
All plug and plug. They messed up my order twice but were quick to respond and since im so close it was next day delivery ( not bad). I have to say, I didn't think it was as bad as my stereo install was that i also finished 2 weeks ago. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was.

Now I have 2 20ft battery extensions because they didn't want me to ship them back and I got a free surf rope out of it.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of you noticed that I posted a wanted ad for a good used Aquatic Marine remote from the Swimdeck. Just so happened I found a seller on Amazon with some new-old-stock!! These remotes ran around $120. I picked up one new in the box for under $25 shipped! (PM me if you need one too)

So Saturday, I pulled one of the 6.5" speakers off the swimdeck and my arms were just long enough to pull the nuts off the back of the dead remote. I pried the two sided tape loose and unplugged the old remote from the wiring harness. The new one plugged in perfectly. After going through the pairing procedure, I have a shiney new remote on my swimdeck that works like a champ! I could not be more pleased.

Now I just need to let the fiberglass shards work their way out of the skin in my armpits!! I thought it would be good to keep as many things in working order as possible, even if we don't use it. As the LS has the handheld remote too. But honestly, I love the swimdeck remote. I didn't realize it showed all the XM radio info and had more functions than the handheld. As it only worked for 20 minutes while I did my walkthrough while buying the boat.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of you noticed that I posted a wanted ad for a good used Aquatic Marine remote from the Swimdeck. Just so happened I found a seller on Amazon with some new-old-stock!! These remotes ran around $120. I picked up one new in the box for under $25 shipped! (PM me if you need one too)

So Saturday, I pulled one of the 6.5" speakers off the swimdeck and my arms were just long enough to pull the nuts off the back of the dead remote. I pried the two sided tape loose and unplugged the old remote from the wiring harness. The new one plugged in perfectly. After going through the pairing procedure, I have a shiney new remote on my swimdeck that works like a champ! I could not be more pleased.

Now I just need to let the fiberglass shards work their way out of the skin in my armpits!! I thought it would be good to keep as many things in working order as possible, even if we don't use it. As the LS has the handheld remote too. But honestly, I love the swimdeck remote. I didn't realize it showed all the XM radio info and had more functions than the handheld. As it only worked for 20 minutes while I did my walkthrough while buying the boat.
@LukePrinsloo - weren't you looking for a replacement swim deck remote for your 2011?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@LukePrinsloo - weren't you looking for a replacement swim deck remote for your 2011?
"Some of you noticed that I posted a wanted ad for a good used Aquatic Marine remote from the Swimdeck. Just so happened I found a seller on Amazon with some new-old-stock!! These remotes ran around $120. I picked up one new in the box for under $25 shipped! (PM me if you need one too)"

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Biff, I'll message you directly. Unfortunately I have no rear swim deck speaker holes through which to reach....

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Me and the fiance carpool.... so yesterday we get on the bridge and it's going pretty slow. Turns out it is a chemical spill and bridge is shut down. By the time we got turned around and off the bridge, the other bridge was backed up into our county. Decided it was a great day to take the boat out and teach her to dock. On the second try she got a pretty smooth docking... and now I know I can drink more and let her drive!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Biff, I'll message you directly. Unfortunately I have no rear swim deck speaker holes through which to reach....
Sounds like a good reason to add swimdeck speakers! They are the only reason we have been doing great without tower speakers. It's the only reason we installed tower speakers on our last boat was for good sound on the swimdeck. Swimdeck speakers really allow the entire boat to operate at a more-sane volume.

Damn I'm old.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cleaned premium cover and re fabric guarded it. And a 6 hour boat detail this week on the new lift. Washed boat. Waxed entire boat including hull with good paste wax. Cleaned and conditioned all seats including extra booster seats that don’t get use much that are stored on boat with Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce then Conditioner sauce after that. Time to have a fun hot sunny weekend on the boat knowing it’s well protected!

Attachments

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My ar240 has a different remote with screws on the outside of it to remove it. :(

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was setting up the new magma grill in the boat tonight and noticed the mounting rod did not fit tight enough inside the table leg...
...realized what y'all been talking about using a piece of a PVC pipe inside the table leg!
Duh...
(the leg opening ID is too large for the grill holder rod to fit snag and not move)

Well, I didn't have a PVC pipe on me but did have gorilla tape and a sharp knife.
Which did the trick.
upload_2018-6-16_1-32-28.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski Nice Job! Ya that is what we all have been talking about. Mine is a different leg and mount, but I used a piece of 2" S. S. tubing left over from a milk pipeline install in our dairy, 20 yrs. ago. The tubing slips nicely, no play, into the factory table leg and allows the Magma Level lok power grip mount to engage.
0802161634-1.jpg
A few words of caution on my setup...I do not use while under way, also the grill leg can turn within the table leg in wavey conditions if not drilled and pinned.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks to a recommendation from @swatski I completed the Ribbon Delete mod on my 1.8's. All my boating is at 1,600 feet elevation and up. Purchased the Riva insert kits on Amazon. It's actually an easy mod unless you're an XXL size old guy reaching into the engine bay. Planned to test the mod at the lake today but, it's raining in Arizona. Yes I said raining in Arizona, I know it's hard to believe. Something about a hurricane from Baja Mexico.
IMG_0777.jpg

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks to a recommendation from @swatski I completed the Ribbon Delete mod on by 1.8's. All my boating is at 1,600 feet elevation and up. Purchased the Riva insert kits on Amazon. It's actually an easy mod unless you're an XXL size old guy reaching into the engine bay. Planned to test the mod at the lake today but, it's raining in Arizona. Yes I said raining in Arizona, I know it's hard to believe. Something about a hurricane from Baja Mexico.
View attachment 76690
That is one mod you won't regret.