• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well spent all day Saturday re-doing my gate for the boat. Nearly 16 foot wide with two 8 foot swings. I got tired of it sagging and just being shitty from the half-ass job I did. Went with 6x6x12 posts mounted 4 feet in the ground (also with 2x4 cross braces 2-3ft. in the ground). Digging a 4 foot hole wide enough to compact the soil around the post is insane and nothing I ever want to do again. Anyways got everything together on Saturday. Sunday I knew I had to raise my gate mounting points (easy two bolt configuration per side). Right side - great... done in 10 minutes. Left side - not so much. Lost control of the gate and it fell down completely bending my hinges. Couldn't fix, so ordered new parts from prime. Say fuck it - take the boat out anyways with fence half open. Rear grab handle rips on boat. Otherwise a pretty decent boat day. Go to clean the boat - my hose ruptures. Grab a new hose - small hose inside my pressure washer ruptures. Weekend pretty much sucked besides getting to take her out for a few hours. Taking the boat for a vacation next week so hopefully smooth sailing next week. And the fence looks like great for the side that was mounted properly... so there is a light at the end of the tunnel here lol.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I spent some of the day saturday messing with the boat. The most time was spent creating and testing a new wind/rain shield for the boat. This is documented here.

I did finally get around to adding a couple of stickers to my boat! I really should have someone make 4 Shelbyville 2007 stickers for the original 4 attendees!

stickers.jpg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Raining enough so I could justify skipping work. Wife left for a conference. Kids at school... perfect day for some fiberglass work.

I’ve been waiting for just this day to make the mold for a new ski locker hatch. Had the plug all ready. So I coated it with a layer of gelcoat.

679D8137-BACF-47E8-9832-1D29D4BBC25E.jpeg

Was just at the right point to add the next layers and the form when the wife called. She had forgotten her laptop. :banghead:

Brought it to the airport just in time :winkingthumbsup"

But came home to this two and half hour later :rage:
24814E5B-E4A0-471B-A2BF-75B976930590.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So after the Free XM radio trial over the Memorial Day weekend, I realized I liked having it in the boat as much as our vehicles. So I made the call to Sirius XM to see what kind of deal they could cut me for our very short boating season.

Of course they tried to sell me the largest plan for full boat (funny) and I said, I just wanted the music channels and would be willing to pay for three months with no contract. As we are lucky if we get anything more than three months.

She set me up with the Select plan (all the music and sports channels) for $30/6 months. So with all fees it was $38.50 for 6 months. I made the one-time payment, so that they would not keep my credit card on file. She said, I can suspend it in September for 5 months and use the remainder next spring. Or cancel, and she would send me a pro-rated refund.

I'm good with $38.50 for the summer. Anyone who says XM radio sounds tinny, or like crap, owns a Kia with a crap stereo. It sounds awesome in our boat, and our cars.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So after the Free XM radio trial over the Memorial Day weekend, I realized I liked having it in the boat as much as our vehicles. So I made the call to Sirius XM to see what kind of deal they could cut me for our very short boating season.

Of course they tried to sell me the largest plan for full boat (funny) and I said, I just wanted the music channels and would be willing to pay for three months with no contract. As we are lucky if we get anything more than three months.

She set me up with the Select plan (all the music and sports channels) for $30/6 months. So with all fees it was $38.50 for 6 months. I made the one-time payment, so that they would not keep my credit card on file. She said, I can suspend it in September for 5 months and use the remainder next spring. Or cancel, and she would send me a pro-rated refund.

I'm good with $38.50 for the summer. Anyone who says XM radio sounds tinny, or like crap, owns a Kia with a crap stereo. It sounds awesome in our boat, and our cars.
Love my Sirius. I need to see how much to add the streaming service. I do the 6months/$30 deal every 6 months for both of our cars. I would like the streaming option for home and boat.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Not a bad deal. My FM reception is all effed up since I installed amps - I'm trying one more thing to see if I can rectify that, otherwise I'll grab the XM kit to add on to my boat.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think Mike understands how the spare tire cover works.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Got my second sub installed this morning. I put it next to the captain's chair and wired it in parallel to the other. Pulling the extra wattage with 2 subs makes such a huge difference.

Also installed a tune trapper antenna also to see if I could actually pick up more than one local station. Made a big difference as well. Well worth the money.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Got my second sub installed this morning. I put it next to the captain's chair and wired it in parallel to the other. Pulling the extra wattage with 2 subs makes such a huge difference.

Also installed a tune trapper antenna also to see if I could actually pick up more than one local station. Made a big difference as well. Well worth the money.
Tune trapper?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

I really need to grab a second. I am tempted to move to four when I do towers lol.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The only issue with 2 that I noticed yesterday was that now I have lots of rattling everywhere that I will need to fix. :D:D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian what are you going to use the drift sock for?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian what are you going to use the drift sock for?
Fishing over reefs it will slow down our drift. It is also good for emergencies....like running out of gas...(not planning on that, but would be helpful). Last year Barefoot Island difted for 2 hours and they were sick as hell (so sick I had to drive their boat for them). If they'd had a sea anchor the would have been able to keep the bow into the wind/waves and the rocking wouldnt have been quite as bad.

But the primary purpose is fishing.