• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What size is that roller and where did you get it or a part number. Thanks
Ordered it thru overtons. I don't remember the part number but all you have to do is measure the width of your middle roller.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
From my Overtons order:

Item#
Description
34908 STOLTZ ULTIMATE 4 BOW STOP ROLLER $39.99

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Over the weekend I finally got around to putting LEDs in my 192's cabin and air intake vents. The fact that the project was easy enough for my 10 y.o. daughter to help was a bonus.
...and yes, we sat in the boat in the driveway.:rolleyes:
Everyone might know this already, but I didn't...
I tapped my courtesy light for my new LEDs. I tries to tint the lens on the factory light to see if I could make it close to the blue of the LEDs I added, but I was not satisfied. Tonight I found an exact replacement at Bass PronShop, except in blue. It almost matches exactly and uses the factory screw holes. $7...I'm very happy.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg I did this today...new Maxxis tires on my dirty ass rims and bent ass fender

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet. I need to do that very soon. Where did you get them?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got them at Discount Tire, they have a $100 rebate Friday and Saturday on them, I think.

They ordered them Friday, called me yesterday to say they had them, took it to them this morning to replace.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the boat that counts! Remember what you leave behind when you go boating......
I haven't really washed the trailer since I left FL last year, and the fender is from the assclown that hit it while going down the interstate coming to TX. I've sprayed it off and stuff while washing the boat but haven't been so particular with it since leaving the salt water:)

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went to pull my boat out of indoor storage....dropped the trailer (with 4 new Maxxis - about half price over the winter) off the night before....showed up today..."We can't release it until the owner returns and he is delivering a boat at the moment." Okay, I get it. Being theft conscious....."Have John call me when he returns!" 20 minutes later as I pull into my driveway the phone rings and back I go. Picked it up and brought it back to my beach place. Really dusty, and a small yellow stain that wouldn't wash out. A couple of squirts of Totally Awesome and Voila!

20160525_165222.jpg

Stain disappears with nary a wipe. That stuff is great. Next, the pre-season wax job. Then, "It's Official" goes back to sleep. Hopefully I can get out in June, to "disturb the peace and tranquility of the Pocomoke River," as the kid's say!

Waxed and ready......oops, still have to put the batteries in, swap out the speakers with the Polks I picked up for half price over the winter, yes from Crutchfield, and blow out the winterization!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday thorough cleaning....looks good with new interior. Today, oil change, spark plug change, new registration letters, fixed head compartment trim, replaced helm door trim, fixed ramp n clamp handle..shout out to ramp n clam for the free replacement, buff and wax one side. Tomorrow other side buff and wax, install cigarette lighter plug in rear of boat.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed dome registration letters from @JetBoatPilot overall great quality and look. Tried to match the factory gold letters, but came out a little darker gold than factory. One of the letters bubbled up a bit but checking to see if it could of possibly been a defect since all the others went on perfect.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was very excited to install my new custom JB license plate frame today. The install was a snap. Thanks @David D!

But... something about my install just didn't seem right...

upload_2016-5-29_0-19-21.png

I figured that out, eventually. Because I am so smart.
Love the frame!

upload_2016-5-29_0-21-35.png

--

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The first pic is correct. You want to be able to admire your mods in the side view mirror at all times!!

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got around to putting some rear speakers on my 2007 SX230.

I had my mind set on putting them behind the rear facing seat backs.

First step was getting the seat backs off. This ended up being the most time consuming part of the project. Each seat back has 11 bolts. The side walls inside the engine compartment block 6 of those screws on each side. Getting those side walls off was a chore. There are only 4 screws at the bottom of each wall. You only need to drop them down enough to reach the bolts, no need to take them all the way out. There is one bolt on each seat that requires to basically lay on top of the engines to get to it. The starboard wall has a blower mounted to it and will be need to be removed. After all that, the cushions came off will relative ease.

Next, I marked and cut the holes for the speakers. I ended up using one of the blower/vent holes on each side for the speaker location, widening the holes to fit the speakers. I then just added another hole lower to mount the blower and vent.

Next I mounted the speakers. I through-bolted them with stainless hardware. I got some rear speaker covers that just add some piece of mind to protect the speakers and make it look cleaner inside the engine compartment.

Next was wiring. I was able to thread the wires through the starboard side easily. At the head unit, I added a DPDT switch so that I could switch between the inside rear and outside rear speakers (main use will be while swimming behind the boat). This also prevents under powering the speakers If I were to wire them in series.

After wiring and checking sound, it was time to put the boat back together. The seat backs go back on pretty easy, take care not to scratch the boat with the bolts. Then, getting the nuts back on, careful not to drop any nuts or washers. Now those dang side walls. They are big, awkward and snugly fit. They will require contortion, beating and cursing. But, once you've got them back on, you're pretty much done!

There is a great sound difference, 100% better from behind the boat, which use to require a very high volume to hear it out in the water. Sucked for anyone sitting in the boat.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In all fairness, I did this on Saturday...so, I added a few more pieces of Seadek and completely washed the boat down for the weekend! Installed my Catalina grill and mount!20160529_181621.jpg 20160529_181636.jpg 20160530_160107.jpgMy Bimini crew, wife Pam, B in-law Ravi, and daughter Olivia!20160530_160548.jpg