• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any idea what caused the rubber grommets to deteriorate? My boat is a year older than yours and I am going to have to look close to see if mine are breaking down.
By the way, you may want to change your boat type displayed. Pretty sure that is a 212X.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Little more driveway boating today. Not sure who was the first to post these, but these velcro mesh organizers are pretty awesome . I'm going to buy a few more.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I started the day by getting 303 protectant applied to all the seat and cushions. Then I got distracted and put a coat on the tailgate handle of my truck because it's already fading. If it helps there are several other places I'll use it next time I detail her.

When I came in for lunch I ordered a pair of the notorious relay: g8v-rh-1c7t-r-dc12.

After that i got my Veve guides and CE smith lights installed. hopefully the connections are solid. i didn't test them with my truck. I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm still waiting on my bottle of rejex. I was hoping to get a coat applied and cured before Wednesday's planned maiden voyage.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Picked up a trailer this weekend from Scott Ellis at Cycle Springs Powersports in Clearwater. He gave me an amazing deal and the staff there was really great helping me sort out a last minute 5 pin to 7 pin adapter install. Cant say enough good about them.

I know Shorelander isn't the best but I like this 2019 better than the 2017. Seems much more sturdy. For one, I can stand on the fender without bending it. Fender on my 2017 bent when I stood on it to put the mooring cover around the tower.

Same crappy roller that I'll need to swap out.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Dean P can you give a little more info on what system of lights you used or are they all individual ones, I especially love the engine bay lighting
I chose these lights as they're clear and blends with anything. Engine compartment got 4. They're bright but not blinding.

Amazon.com: (Pack of 10) Car LED Lights GOODRUN Turn Signal Light Truck 12v Marker Lights Five Color Warning Light Kit Hight Brightness Car Night Light Mount to Boat Trailers Vans RVs ML-02 (White): Automotive

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any idea what caused the rubber grommets to deteriorate? My boat is a year older than yours and I am going to have to look close to see if mine are breaking down.
By the way, you may want to change your boat type displayed. Pretty sure that is a 212X.
Haven't a clue. This is a new to me boat that I bought in December. Sunscreen from hands maybe? Only reason I knew is black goo kept getting on the keys and then on my hands. Which was a pain to get off. Can imagine that stuff isn't very good on ignition parts, so wanted to get that swapped out.

You would be correct, whoops. Fixed it! I put that when I was still searching for a boat, thinking that's what I'd end up with.

Last edited:

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And it is something that the Coast Guard will look at if you get boarded.

View attachment 91259
That part about the battery placement raises a question to me. I have seen where some people are sliding their batteries back in the storage area, and I think that puts them right beneath the fuel fill and vent hoses.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know you already put it on, but I wonder if this might work wonders on the new one?

Look what I did - took the new strap off to give it a little bath, lol.

--

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having to undo all the battery mods I did so I can change to larger battries. Had two group 24... one died but I think it's the one that came with the boat in 08. So cant really complain. But now I need to change battries so I am gonna upgrade and go larger. Sam's club has some killer deals on batteries right now.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That part about the battery placement raises a question to me. I have seen where some people are sliding their batteries back in the storage area, and I think that puts them right beneath the fuel fill and vent hoses.
I didn't put mine back there due to having ballast bags in that spot.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably, in this context. But the problem is subpart (e), not (d). (d) is for your metallic fittings.