• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Those are on the list... just trying to figure out which color to put over blue hull.

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When i put the cover on in the slip, I only ratchet the side I have access to. Actually do that most of the time. Works fine. Once you get the hang of it, it goes on easy.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Those are on the list... just trying to figure out which color to put over blue hull.
Same here. I’m thinking the silver color as the blue is very blue, black looks too OEM for me. Silver might accent the vinyl stripe and my reg. numbers are silver...decisions decisions.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pulled the boat out of storage this weekend and finished installing the bimini on my the Monster HS1 tower i installed last fall. still a little too cold to drop it in the water here is southern Ontario....
20190511_154951_resized.jpg20190511_154931_resized.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ordered the reg numbers from @JetBoatPilot and they are supposed to match the Yamaha on the back. I’ll let u know. Still waiting for the rooster tail from them anyway.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fully installed this weekend. I also did the sense wire mod so my connext sees both battery voltages. Also remounted the sound bar to the tower.

20190512_170700.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When i put the cover on in the slip, I only ratchet the side I have access to. Actually do that most of the time. Works fine. Once you get the hang of it, it goes on easy.
Put them PJs back on yesterday. 15 minutes!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The ADA Racing replacements look great on all the examples I've seen. Obviously more durable and don't seem to stick out as much as the stock ones too, so I'm chomping at the bit to do this relatively cheap mod. Does the 3/4" aluminum bilge outlet require any boring out of the existing hole? It appears the 1/2" bypass outlets do, so I'm leaning towards trying out the 3/8" ones for those.. Hoping to not have to drill/grind anything out quite yet..

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider Hmmm.... Can you enlighten me on this? Sounds like a wire config issue?

Thanks!
Yes sir. On the connext from the factory ( 2016, 2017 issue ) both voltages show exactly the same, I cut the sense wire on my dsvr and direct wired it to the battery it wasnt seeing. Literally a 5 minute fix.

I will link the thread later

Last edited:

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes sir. On the connext from the factory ( 2016, 2017 issue ) both voltages show exactly the same, I cut the sense wire on my dsvr and direct wired it to the battery it wasnt seeing. Literally a 5 minute fix.

Only the 2017 year was lucky enough to have a sense wire.

I will link the thread later
@jcyamaharider Thanks! My voltage readouts on connext do differ, so I'm wondering if I was a lucky one that missed that SNAFU?

Looking forward to that thread!

Thanks for your help!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ADA Racing replacements look great on all the examples I've seen. Obviously more durable and don't seem to stick out as much as the stock ones too, so I'm chomping at the bit to do this relatively cheap mod. Does the 3/4" aluminum bilge outlet require any boring out of the existing hole? It appears the 1/2" bypass outlets do, so I'm leaning towards trying out the 3/8" ones for those.. Hoping to not have to drill/grind anything out quite yet..
The ones posted are the right fit. No drilling, just some yoga moves inside the rear storage compartment and gunnel, lol.

--

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No boring on the bilge outlet. If you watch Rob's video, he originally bought the 3/8" ones and the bypass hose was too big for the fitting. I just bought a boring rasp at Ace for like $3 and had the hole bored out in about 2 minutes. It was really no big deal. But I was freaking out a little bit when I first started. lol
I would go with the 1/2" ones. Chances of the leaking are minimal, unlike with the 3/8" ones.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The ones posted are the right fit. No drilling, just some yoga moves inside the rear storage compartment and gunnel, lol.

--
Will be interesting at 6'1"/250ish, lol. So you didn't have to bore out the bypass holes on your 2016 using the 1/2" ADA's? Rob's video did mention something about possibly threading them into the holes, but seems like some have gone the bore-it-out and use the 1/2"-ers route. Maybe I'll get lucky and the holes will be perfect on the 2019. Or maybe the hole sizes are just slightly different on every boat that leaves the manufacturer!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will be interesting at 6'1"/250ish, lol. So you didn't have to bore out the bypass holes on your 2016 using the 1/2" ADA's? Rob's video did mention something about possibly threading them into the holes, but seems like some have gone the bore-it-out and use the 1/2"-ers route. Maybe I'll get lucky and the holes will be perfect on the 2019. Or maybe the hole sizes are just slightly different on every boat that leaves the manufacturer!
Lol, Yes make sure that you have a helper on standby to pull you out of that compartment if you get stuck.

Seriously though, the holes in the hull are oversized even for the 1/2 inch fitting. Here’s a pic:
(also note how thin is the hull...)
DADA523B-41F4-45F8-A110-2DD6CE6096EC.jpeg

Edit: this is a super quick and easy mod, don’t overthink it! Once you look at it on both sides of the hull you will see what I mean.

Edit 2: I saved the rubber seals used for the OEM nozzles and reused those on the ADA nozzles. I mean pissers.

Last edited:

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol, Yes make sure that you have a helper on standby to pull you out of that compartment if you get stuck.

Seriously though, the holes in the hull are oversized even for the 1/2 inch fitting. Here’s a pic:
(also note how thin is the hull...)
View attachment 94210

Edit: this is a super quick and easy mod, don’t overthink it! Once you look at it on both sides of the hull you will see what I mean.

Edit 2: I saved the rubber seals used for the OEM nozzles and reused those on the ADA nozzles. I mean pissers.
I saved them and reused also. I didn't like the thought of just being metal on fiberglass...