• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's the yamaha mooring cover. Some dealers put their logo on it. To me they better give me one hell of a discount to advertise for them. Honestly I'd personally just skip buying it from them and order one online that doesn't have that mess. I don't like free advertisement for dealers. First thing I do when I buy a car is rip off anything that has a dealer name on it. Same with my boat. It had a dealer sticker on it and I pulled it off as soon as I got home.
I’m the same way…was just curious if there was a 3rd party manufacturer for the OEM mooring cover, my cover is looking weathered.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
New wheels and shoes.

Wheels - Sendel T-07
Tires - Goodyear Endurance

20230419_130850.jpg20230419_135509.jpg

Last edited:

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the speakers installed and it sounds great. Also installed a voltmeter, then gave it a wash and wax. Should probably start working again to pay for the new boat cover that just tore as I was putting it back on. Dammit!!!!!
IMG_9236.jpegIMG_9237.jpegIMG_9238.jpegIMG_9235.jpeg70369363756__8E74B400-17CD-4696-81D3-652103B7DC5F.jpegIMG_9252.jpeg

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 198050What a pain in the ass. Everything that could go wrong went wrong adding those 8s but they sound so good.
Can you elaborate on your experience? I plan on installing 8inch Wet Sounds Zero's in the same spot on my inbound 222SE and I'm interested in your lessons learned.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just stupid mistakes. I didn’t tape up the surrounding parks so I started with a jigsaw and the blade broke and I bought the wrong size. And it scratched my boat. So I pulled out a router. That worked. But there was another panel to cut through. I liked the placement but it made it hard bc I had to cut the top part of the inside and that I had to use an oscillating multi tool to cut that. Running the wires was the easy part. It’s just not as professional as I like things to be. Here’s a pic of the inside that I don’t like Be prepared to be covered in fiberglass It was a pain but the sound was worth it. IMG_1860.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How do the Fusions sound?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just stupid mistakes. I didn’t tape up the surrounding parks so I started with a jigsaw and the blade broke and I bought the wrong size. And it scratched my boat. So I pulled out a router. That worked. But there was another panel to cut through. I liked the placement but it made it hard bc I had to cut the top part of the inside and that I had to use an oscillating multi tool to cut that. Running the wires was the easy part. It’s just not as professional as I like things to be. Here’s a pic of the inside that I don’t like Be prepared to be covered in fiberglass It was a pain but the sound was worth it. View attachment 198053
Do think there would be enough room to recess the speakers?

1682032161299.png

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would you worry about the anchor damaging the back of the speakers?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only use that compartment for spring floats. But yes. I’ve never seen that. That’s awesome.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Would you worry about the anchor damaging the back of the speakers?
I personally remove the boarding ladder and all the anchor holding equipment in the compartment. I repurpose the compartment to hold four Mission Sentry Fenders and lines so damaging the speakers won’t be an issue.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
New step on the tongue to help with bow entry.20230420_134546.jpg20230420_142202.jpg

Last edited:

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Replaced Original Interstate battery 7 years old- 24M-XHD to Interstate 24-24MS never had a problem with original, so went with same just new model #.
Also replaced the original wakeboard rack bungees with factory replacement, old ones started to shred.
Next, install new port and starboard ballast bags from Wakemakers.
Happy Boating!
IMG_7715.jpegIMG_7720.jpegIMG_7721.jpeg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also submitting a template to JetBoatPilot for Marine Mat in this area on the P&S sides..I've had a number of people slip in this area getting on and off. Blue tape does not stick to waxed hulls..haha.
IMG_7725.jpegIMG_7726.jpeg

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the joy of finding out that my transducer is out of stock everywhere. Thankfully calling Yamaha YES was probably the easiest/politest customer service rep I have dealt with. Especially since my warranty expired 10 days ago. Looks like I should be able to get it covered according to this rep and a little convincing of when I first noticed it. ;) If not, guess I am researching another option. Now to wait for the dealership to open tomorrow.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started wet sanding the hull today. Oxidization was very noticeable, weather is nice and the boat batteries are dead so it’s a perfect day to tackle this job, charge the batteries and ditch the IL registration #’s for AL ones.
IMG_0283.jpeg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Applied Woody's Wax to the tower and windshield frame. Also removed all but the Coast Guard warning label next to the throttle. I had previously removed all the transom warning labels.

Last edited: